Windows 10: Had Windows 10; Back to 7 But Can't Get Rid of Night Light!

Discus and support Had Windows 10; Back to 7 But Can't Get Rid of Night Light! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For a couple of reasons I decided to go back to Windows 7 after a brief time with Windows 10. However, now, I can't get rid of the night light that is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by NancyThor, Nov 22, 2017.

1. NancyThor Win User

Had Windows 10; Back to 7 But Can't Get Rid of Night Light!

For a couple of reasons I decided to go back to Windows 7 after a brief time with Windows 10. However, now, I can't get rid of the night light that is supposed to cut down on screen blues. I understand its purpose, however, I can't do what I want without seeing natural colors. I like to play games in the evening as a way to relax, but when that nightlight feature is on, as a hold over from 10, I can't tell one color from another! Everything is orange. I asked the same thing on the Windows 7 forum but was referred to you folks. What do I need to do to get rid of the pinky/orange???

:)

NancyThor, Nov 22, 2017
  2. gdit Win User

Windows 10 Groove

Should I run those fixes in Windows 7? I had to go back to Windows 7 to get on with things. Now I can't get rid of the reminder to install Windows 10.

3. LuellaMR Win User
    If I upgrade to Windows 10 how to go back to Windows 7?

you won't find a new computer on the market that has Windows 7 on it. I had Windows 7 on my old computer, but got a new computer with Windows 10. What a disaster!!! Can't even get my old emails back, as I had windows live mail and now the windows 10 has
    outlook.com. the tech said it would come back automatically but NOPE! I would give anything to be able to get rid of this Windows 10 but you can't. Once you have it, it's yours. Buyers and upgraders beware!!Don't do it! Hang onto your WIndows 7!!

LuellaMR, Nov 22, 2017
  4. pepanee Win User

I wasn't able to find anything with a quick search on the net, but found this:
    Blue Light Filter Software For Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 | TechnoClever

A 3rd party software, I think, for the night light thing. See if you can fix the colors with that when the night light settings turn on.

I wouldn't rely on my response as a complete solution for this. Hopefully someone else knows how to fix the issue itself. But my post can maybe used as a temporary solution for the time being.. if it applies.

pepanee, Nov 22, 2017
  5. sml156 Win User
    You sure it's nite lite which is impossible. Check your monitor cable, it's either loose or needs replacement.

sml156, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Had Windows 10; Back to 7 But Can't Get Rid of Night Light! - Similar Threads - Can't Rid Night

2. Night Light

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Night Light: I am having an issue with the night light. I don't want it turned on so I turned it off and reduced its strength to 0.However, every time I get out of a game the whole screen has this warm yellowish tint to it just like having the night light turned on. When I click on the...
  3. can't find night light

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't find night light: can't find night light https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-night-light/13550f1e-60cb-4f2d-bd24-585b079d7c8b
  4. Night Light

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Night Light: Hi, I use f.lux to control the blue light filter, as I started using it before Creator's Update. I wanted to know if Windows 10's Night Light can adapt the intensity of the filter depending on the time. f.lux is crescendo throughout the night warming colors and so,...
  5. night light

night light: my nightlight quit working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/night-light/3c875bcd-a76f-46ac-aec3-83ee7302f284
  6. Windows 10 NIght light

Windows 10 NIght light: The problem is in the fact that I can't disable (or configure) night light settings. It's not grayed out, the sliders are active but they don't do anything, neither I enabling/disabling NL, it doesn't save at all. BUT on the previous version on win10 I had this option enabled...
  7. NIGHT LIGHT Windows

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    NIGHT LIGHT Windows: NIGHT LIGHT not working on my Laptop, the option is blocked it looks gray, I can not use it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/night-light-windows/39bee80d-8416-411d-965f-819efed997a7
  8. No Night Light

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No Night Light: Night Light Not Working after update Windows 10. doesn't want to work and I need it back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-night-light/80f9b78f-5381-461d-9cf8-caf8b0bf1a40"
  9. Night Light

Night Light: I am unavailable to change my brightness to use night light mode. There is no way I can select the mode and I am wondering if it is like that because my computer is charging or if there is another reason for that....
  10. No Night Light

No Night Light: I do not have the Night Light feature although I believe that I have my Windows updated to the latest version. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/no-night-light/897c6f1c-5d8a-449f-acec-5617643d4765