Windows 10: half windows

Discus and support half windows in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi There My small problem at moment is, when I d/c my Gmail icon, it always opens as a half window, and I would like to rectify it. It happened... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by frenchman96, Jan 14, 2018.

1. half windows

Hi There

My small problem at moment is, when I d/c my Gmail icon, it always opens as a half window, and I would like to rectify it.

It happened years ago and I seem to remember there was an option to open a second window as one you have open, the it says "new window" and once closed down, in future it opens fully.

help would be appreciated.

:)

frenchman96, Jan 14, 2018

2. Windows 10 - half in half out ?

Windows 10

Version 1511 (OS Build 10586.3)

The Windows 10 Pro operating system...

Thanks for your continued help. I really appreciate it.

karenATLGA, Jan 14, 2018
  3. Windows 10 - half in half out ?

IT WORKED!! I'm back to working in Windows 10. Thanks so much for your patience and help. Well, I should say I'm back to working in the earlier version of Windows 10. Right now I'm enjoying THAT, and don't have the stomach to upgrade. I'll save that
    for tomorrow. Thank you thank you thank you. !!

karenATLGA, Jan 14, 2018
  4. half windows

Hi frenchman96

If this is a desktop icon right click and then click properties. In Run box you can select Maximized window.

If you want an email to open in a new tab hold the shift key down and click email (Conversation mode has to be off).

If you want a second copy of gmail hold shift key down and double click shortcut on desktop.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jan 14, 2018
  5. Hi Ken
    Thanks for reply, but when I do a r/c on Gmail icon, this is the box I get and there is no "run" ??

George

frenchman96, Jan 15, 2018
  6. Sorry your cut and paste didn't work. Is this a desktop icon? You want the Shortcut tab.

Caledon Ken, Jan 15, 2018
  7. Sorry Ken, forgot to attach

8. half windows

My mistake, should have read closer. I assume to get to gmail you were opening a browser and the page was set. You are opening a location so you don't have same option.

I will have to research more.

9. Ken

A bit more info for you....I can go another way, for if I open IE, there is a small Gmail icon I can use and that always opens as a full window, see attached.

The way I solved it in the past was something like this.

1-open required window, which only opens half window.
    2-minimize that window.
    3-open required but new window again
    4- maximize it
    5-close down fully, the minimized window, cured...I will try that again

10. So you use IE or Edge as a browser.

11. Ken

Yes, I use IE...I think I have cracked it.

I d/c GM icon, it opens as half window, I then maximise it, then close it down, BUT, I use file/exit and next time opens fully.

frenchman96, Jan 16, 2018
  12. Okay. Good to know.

One suggestion I saw was to stretch to almost maximized size and then close.

Caledon Ken, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

half windows

1. half windows - Similar Threads - half

2. Moving between my dorm and home cuts my fps in half and causes my pc to hibernate after sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving between my dorm and home cuts my fps in half and causes my pc to hibernate after sleep: I have decided to bring my pc to my college dorm and use different monitors when I switch between the two. The one I use at home is an Acer KB272 and the one I use at the dorm is a Viewsonic VX2252 monitor. Other differences are that I use different hdmi cables for each and I...
  3. Moving between my dorm and home cuts my fps in half and causes my pc to hibernate after sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving between my dorm and home cuts my fps in half and causes my pc to hibernate after sleep: I have decided to bring my pc to my college dorm and use different monitors when I switch between the two. The one I use at home is an Acer KB272 and the one I use at the dorm is a Viewsonic VX2252 monitor. Other differences are that I use different hdmi cables for each and I...
  4. Surface pro shutdown while installing Half-Life

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Surface pro shutdown while installing Half-Life: I installed Half-Life on my schools Surface Pro 5 and it locked it and shut it down in the middle of the installation. My suspicion is the CPU temp but also because Steam games are known to be malicious. Please help me get this Surface up and running again. Note: It does not...
  5. Surface pro shutdown while installing Half-Life

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface pro shutdown while installing Half-Life: I installed Half-Life on my schools Surface Pro 5 and it locked it and shut it down in the middle of the installation. My suspicion is the CPU temp but also because Steam games are known to be malicious. Please help me get this Surface up and running again. Note: It does not...
  6. Surface pro shutdown while installing Half-Life

7. Why does half of my screen turn black when I open my laptop or change the hertz?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does half of my screen turn black when I open my laptop or change the hertz?: Hello,Newly when I close or turn off my laptop and reopen it, half of my screen turn black and slowly reverts back. I noticed a yellow tone on the area that wasn't black. This also happens when I change the hertz of the laptop too. I have tried factory resetting the laptop...
  8. Why does half of my screen turn black when I open my laptop or change the hertz?

Why does half of my screen turn black when I open my laptop or change the hertz?: Hello,Newly when I close or turn off my laptop and reopen it, half of my screen turn black and slowly reverts back. I noticed a yellow tone on the area that wasn't black. This also happens when I change the hertz of the laptop too. I have tried factory resetting the laptop...
  9. Why is one drive telling me its going to delete my files despite currently only using half...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is one drive telling me its going to delete my files despite currently only using half...: This is troubling. I am also locked out of many important features that I like to use. For example I am unable to edit my one note pages, it tells me I'm out of space when I'm not.This is seriously disrupting my workflow and time. note images:...
  10. Why is one drive telling me its going to delete my files despite currently only using half...

Why is one drive telling me its going to delete my files despite currently only using half...: This is troubling. I am also locked out of many important features that I like to use. For example I am unable to edit my one note pages, it tells me I'm out of space when I'm not.This is seriously disrupting my workflow and time. note images:...