Windows 10: Enable Microsoft Edge Side by Side browser experience in Windows 10

Discus and support Enable Microsoft Edge Side by Side browser experience in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Enable Microsoft Edge Side by Side browser experience in Windows 10 How to Enable running Microsoft Edge (Edge HTML) and Microsoft Edge... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Enable Microsoft Edge Side by Side browser experience in Windows 10

How to: Enable Microsoft Edge Side by Side browser experience in Windows 10

How to Enable running Microsoft Edge (Edge HTML) and Microsoft Edge (Chromium-based) side-by-side in Windows 10

Microsoft has adopted the Chromium open source project in the development of Microsoft Edge on the desktop to create better web compatibility. This new Microsoft Edge runs on the same Chromium web engine as the Google Chrome browser, offering you best in class web compatibility and performance.

Microsoft has also introduced a new Microsoft Edge logo that is designed to capture the waves of innovation that they plan to bring to you.

Currently, the new Chromium based Microsoft Edge web browser is only available to download and install as a Microsoft Edge Insider. General availability to the public is expected to be on January 15, 2020 in more than 90 languages.

If you download and install the Microsoft Edge Stable (Chromium-based) in Windows 10, it will replace the old Microsoft Edge (Edge HTML) version by default.

If you would like to be able to run both the old Microsoft Edge (Edge HTML) and new Microsoft Edge (Chromium-based) side-by-side, you can enable the Allow Microsoft Edge Side by Side browser experience group policy to do so.

When this policy is Enabled, Microsoft Edge (Chromium-based) and Microsoft Edge (Edge HTML) can run side-by-side after Microsoft Edge (Chromium-based) is installed.

See also:
    This tutorial will show you how to enable allowing the new Microsoft Edge (Chromium-based) and old Microsoft Edge (Edge HTML) to run side-by-side for all users in Windows 10.

You must be signed in as an administrator to enable or undo the Microsoft Edge side-by-side browser experience.

Contents
    • Option One: Enable Microsoft Edge (Chromium-based) and Microsoft Edge (Edge HTML) side-by-side Experience
    • Option Two: Undo Microsoft Edge side-by-side Experience to Leave Only Microsoft Edge (Chromium-based)
    • Option Three: Undo Microsoft Edge side-by-side Experience to Leave Only Microsoft Edge (Edge HTML)

EXAMPLE: "Microsoft Edge" (Chromium-based) and old "Microsoft Edge Legacy" (Edge HTML) in Start menu > All Apps

Enable Microsoft Edge Side by Side browser experience in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Enable Microsoft Edge (Chromium-based) and Microsoft Edge (Edge HTML) side-by-side Experience
    1 If you already installed uninstall Microsoft Edge before continuing to the next step. (see screenshots below)

2 Click/tap on the Download button below to download the .reg file below.
    Enable_Microsoft_Edge_side-by-side_experience.reg

Download

Code:
    3 Save the .reg file to your Desktop.

4 Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

5 When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

6 When finished, you can delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

7 Download and install Microsoft Edge Stable (Chromium-based).

8 If you like you can Pin to taskbar the new Microsoft Edge (Chromium-based) and/or the old Microsoft Edge Legacy (Edge-HTML).

OPTION TWO [/i] Undo Microsoft Edge side-by-side Experience to Leave Only Microsoft Edge (Chromium-based)
    1 Click/tap on the Download button below to download the .reg file below.
    Undo_Microsoft_Edge_side-by-side_experience.reg

Download

Code:
    2 Save the .reg file to your Desktop.

3 Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

4 When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

5 When finished, you can delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

6 Download and install Microsoft Edge Stable (Chromium-based) again to reinstall on top of your current installation of Microsoft Edge (Chromium-based).

7 Delete the Microsoft Edge Legacy shortcut from the %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs folder to remove it from Start menu > All Apps. (see screenshot below)
    For how, see: How to Add or Remove Items in All apps in Windows 10 Start menu

OPTION THREE [/i] Undo Microsoft Edge side-by-side Experience to Leave Only Microsoft Edge (Edge HTML)
    1 Click/tap on the Download button below to download the .reg file below.
    Undo_Microsoft_Edge_side-by-side_experience.reg

Download

Code:
    2 Save the .reg file to your Desktop.

3 Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

4 When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

5 When finished, you can delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

6 Delete the Microsoft Edge Legacy shortcut from the %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs folder to remove it from Start menu > All Apps. (see screenshot below)
    For how, see: How to Add or Remove Items in All apps in Windows 10 Start menu

7 Uninstall Microsoft Edge (Chromium-based). (see screenshots below)

8 Microsoft Edge (Edge HTML) will now open. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

:)

Brink, Aug 1, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft is developing a built-in ad blocker for its Edge browser

"One of the first browser add-ons many people install to improve their online experience is Adblock Plus or something similar. Until recently, Microsoft Edge's lack of support for add-ons put off a lot of would-be users, but reports from Build 2016 suggest that native ad blocking is on its way to the Internet Explorer successor.

Adblock Plus is coming to Edge, but built-in ad blocking would negate the need for such an add-on. A slide shown off and snapped at a Build presentation shows that the next version of Edge, in response to user feedback, will feature ad blocking capabilities. There's no word on delivery timescale, but the upcoming Windows 10 Anniversary Update would seem a likely candidate.

ZDNet's Ed Bott photographed the slide which shows Microsoft's development roadmap built around feedback from testers. Right at the top of the list is reference to plans to create a plugin and extension store for Edge, but it's entry number four that's more intriguing.

"Build ad blocking features into the browser" is listed as a Feature Request from users. But the good news is that it is not only listed as being "Deliverable 4682811", but as "Targeted for the next version".

This will no doubt come as good news for those who have fallen in love with Edge, but it's not something that will be welcomed by the likes of Adblock Plus. It does seem that, particularly in the mobile arena, there is a move to baking ad blocking into the browser so it makes sense that Microsoft is following the trend. But it is the fact that Edge straddles Windows 10 on the desktop and Windows 10 Mobile that makes this a particularly interesting move.

Keep an eye out for Insider builds in the coming weeks as the feature may be just around the corner.
    "

Forget extensions, built-in ad blocking is coming to Microsoft Edge - [UPDATE... no it's not!]

P4-630, Oct 27, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

Dolby Laboratories, Inc. and Microsoft Corporation announced today that Dolby Audio is selected to be a part of the Microsoft Windows 10 operating system and will be natively supported by the new Microsoft Edge browser for the playback of web-based content as well as accessible by third-party Windows Store apps. Users of Microsoft Windows 10 PCs and tablets will enjoy Dolby quality audio experiences through Windows entertainment apps and through Microsoft Edge.

Dolby Audio (supporting Dolby Digital Plus) will be available in x86 Windows 10 PCs and tablets for playback of movies, TV shows, and videos with crisp, clear dialogue and greater detail of sounds. Windows 7 and 8 users may upgrade to Windows 10 for free and continue to experience Dolby quality audio consistently across headphones, built-in PC and tablet speakers, or connected home theater systems. Microsoft Edge will be the first browser to leverage the Dolby Digital Plus decoder on the Windows 10 operating system, enabling online content providers to enrich the entertainment experiences of millions of Internet users globally with Dolby Audio.

"We are excited about the collaboration and partnership with Microsoft and share in the commitment to providing the best entertainment experiences possible to consumers across a wide range of devices in the Windows 10 ecosystem," said John Couling, Senior Vice President, E-Media Business Group, Dolby Laboratories. "With the launch of Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge in nearly 200 countries, Dolby and Microsoft will enable better user experiences with high-quality audio that is robust, consistent, and at a scale necessary for the large Windows ecosystem."

"At Microsoft, we are committed to delivering the richest, most immersive, entertainment experiences with Windows 10," said David Treadwell, Corporate Vice President, Operating Systems Group, Microsoft. "With Dolby Audio incorporated into the Windows 10 platform and Microsoft Edge, content providers will be able to deliver their content with superior sound in Dolby Audio for a wide range of Windows 10 based PCs and tablets."

btarunr, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Babu V Win User

Enable ActiveX in Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge?

Hi,

ActiveX is not supported by Edge browser and I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer.
    To make Microsoft Edge a faster, smoother browsing experience, it was designed to use the latest technologies. If the website you are trying to view uses older technologies, such as certain types of frames or ActiveX controls, it won’t display correctly
    in Edge.

Windows 10 Review: Microsoft Edge web browser

Hope this helps.

Babu V, Oct 27, 2019
  5. microsoft edge will not open on windows 10

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

For better understanding of the issue, please reply to the following questions.

• Does the same issue occur when you connect to the internet through Internet Explorer?

• Did you make any changes to the system prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it resolves the issue.

Method 1: Delete the Browser history

Follow the steps in below article to clear browser history in Microsoft Edge:

View and delete browser history in Microsoft Edge

Method 2: Reset Microsoft Edge

Follow the below steps to reset Microsoft Edge and check if the issue persist.

• Navigate to the below location and delete everything in this folder.
    C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe

• Type Windows Powershell in search box.

• Right click on Windows Powershell and select Run as administrator.

• Copy and paste the following command.
    Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml" –Verbose}

• Check if the issue is resolved, if not restart the system.
    Hope it helps. Let us know how it goes, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Microsoft Edge..

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps if you are using Microsoft edge in MSN home page for changing your current location and check if it helps.

• Open edge browser login to msn.com.
    • Then on the right hand side, click on gear icon.
    • Go to settings, then under “market and language” and “home location” option change your current location and check whether it shows correct.
    If you are using bing.com through edge browser then I suggest you to follow the below steps and check.

• Open edge browser login to bing.com.
    • Then on the right hand side, click on gear icon.
    • Go to “region” option and click on “change your region” link.
    • Then select your country it will take your location.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Enable Microsoft Edge Side by Side browser experience in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Enable Microsoft Edge

2. Legacy Edge and Chromium Edge side by side?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Legacy Edge and Chromium Edge side by side?: Hello, I would like to have legacy Edge and chromium Edge side by side. Unfortunately, I don not know how to. I've followed a lot of on;ine tutorials, but I still do not know how to do so. Can someone help, please? Thanks....
  3. Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Browser Tab Experiences in Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Browser Tab Experiences in Windows: [img] Microsoft has adopted the Chromium open source project in the development of Microsoft Edge on the desktop to create better web compatibility. This new Microsoft Edge runs on the same Chromium web engine as the Google Chrome browser, offering you best in class web...
  4. Side by Side Error Windows 10

Side by Side Error Windows 10: Hi, I've read the posts on the Side by Side error, most of which seem locked. So, I'm posting a new thread in hope that the problem can be resolved. None of the fixes suggested work, and it's my guess that is because the error affects a single app sometimes. Most fixes...
  5. Windows "Side by side" in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows "Side by side" in windows 10: I hate this side by side feature. I hate the stacked feature. I want to permanently disable it. How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-side-by-side-in-windows-10/7b2dbd75-695b-4ede-bdc9-fbef80e9a90e
  6. How to run Legacy Edge and Chromium Edge side by side in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to run Legacy Edge and Chromium Edge side by side in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Microsoft Edge updates will be tied with Windows Update, starting with the release candidate, It will not allow you to use the older version or Legacy version of Edge anymore. Any attempt will launch the Chromium version of Edge. However, [...] This post How...
  7. windows 10 side by side error

windows 10 side by side error: Hi Everyone Has anyone had the Windows 10 side by side error and not able to open, Office, Office Outlook, Windows Recovery and I have tried repair restart that does not work either any help would be appreciated Thanks Linda...
  8. Side by side windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Side by side windows: How can I open 2 windows side by side? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/side-by-side-windows/29ab9fb4-4bcf-43d4-a6d5-2db416bef5a0
  9. Move favorite to left side of new Edge browser?

in Browsers and Email
    Move favorite to left side of new Edge browser?: Can anyone tell me how to get my favorites to pin on the left side of the new Edge browser? thanks 12475
  10. Show Windows Side by Side in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Show Windows Side by Side in Windows 10: How to: Show Windows Side by Side in Windows 10 How to Show All Open Windows Side by Side in Windows 10 In Windows, you can use the show windows side by side option to arrange all your open windows to be side by side with each other. If you have more than one...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft edge legacy

2. Allow Microsoft Edge Side by Side browser experience

3. egde legacy welcome screen

4. how to all images download in microsoft edge,
  5. microsoft edge legacy uninstall,
  6. new microsoft edge browser,
  7. edge side by side experience,
  8. allow microsoft edge side by side,
  9. allow microsoft edge side-by-side experience