Windows 10: Handbrake - convert AVI and MP4 to MKV with subtitles at best quality

Discus and support Handbrake - convert AVI and MP4 to MKV with subtitles at best quality in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there Any Video experts out there I've some AVI and MP4 files with external .SRT subtitles that I'd like to convert to MKV with embedded... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jimbo45, Aug 9, 2015.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Handbrake - convert AVI and MP4 to MKV with subtitles at best quality

Hi there

Any Video experts out there

I've some AVI and MP4 files with external .SRT subtitles that I'd like to convert to MKV with embedded subtitles (not forced).

That way I can forget about the .srt files that don't always play properly on MEZZMO / SERVIIO or PLEX when streaming. The embedded ones always work properly !!.

What's the best setting for Handbrake so I don't lose (or lose minimal) quality when re-encoding -- MP4->MKV should be almost a 1:1 copy but I'm not sure of the settings.

I've experimented a bit but I'm still clueless --- the subtitles all work though when embedded even if the original .SRT file didn't when streamed. (VLC always works BTW but I want to play these files on REMOTE DNLA devices).

Any help here appreciated.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Aug 9, 2015
  2. pikolobi Win User

HandBrake video conversion for Asha 302

I have Handbrake installed on my computer, but my most favorite is AppGeeker.

How to Convert WMV File to MP4 Format on Mac & PC Flawlessly

Handbrake has its restriction for outputing only mp4 and mkv container file, while AppGeeker give ability to convert anything to anything.

pikolobi, Aug 9, 2015
  3. video not open on windows 8.1 phone

Please make sure your video is compatible with your Phone. Windows Phone supports MP4 and WMV video well. And here is a guide about

how to convert video to MP4/AVI

KennyNelson20, Aug 9, 2015
  4. Joergi Win User

Most likely you will find help more easily in a Handbreak forum.

If I had that problem, I would try with ffmpeg. I don't know if what you want is possible with ffmpeg, but I would expect that this is the case. Handbrake - convert AVI and MP4 to MKV with subtitles at best quality :)

Joergi, Aug 9, 2015
Thema:

1. Handbrake - convert AVI and MP4 to MKV with subtitles at best quality - Similar Threads - Handbrake convert AVI

2. Thumbnail issue (mp4/mkv)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Thumbnail issue (mp4/mkv): Greetings, Since the new update of this week I am experiencing some issues regarding thumbnails of mp4 and mkv files. When I download or create new files the thumbnail of the new file will not work and show as the default pictogram instead (even if the thumbnail is custom...
  3. Add Subtitle with HandBrake

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add Subtitle with HandBrake: Hello,If somebody is familiar with "HandBrake" program, here is my question:I use "HandBrake" for a long time to add subtitle to a movie file.Recently started the program, loaded a movie file (mp4), 1hr. 42min.Imported the subtitle file (srt), set everything as I did always,...
  4. Add into English subtitle to an MKV movie

Add into English subtitle to an MKV movie: Hi i want to add an English subtitle to an MKV movie. Tried MKV toolnix & Handbrake.....from my research it says that they do not re encode, so only takes. Avery short time, but it took an hour or more. am I doing something wrong, or is there an easier way without ever...
  5. Video (MP4/MKV) Handbrake alternative (Vidcoder)

Video (MP4/MKV) Handbrake alternative (Vidcoder): Hi there anybody tried this for getting smaller mkv/mp4 files also with HEVC 265 VidCoder 4.31 / 5.3 Beta Free Download - VideoHelp Free and has the Handbrake engine but without the complexity of its GUI Anybody tried it yet. Cheers jimbo 126019
  6. MP4/MKV H264 Video to HEVC H265 fast converter ??

MP4/MKV H264 Video to HEVC H265 fast converter ??: Hi folks I've a number of videos that I want to convert to H.265 HEVC - the converter I've got is far too slow for this to be even remotely feasible -- Source videos are H.264 MKV. Converter using is Wondershare Video converter which does the job for converting things like...
  7. Handbrake users -- best settings to convert H264 to H265

Handbrake users -- best settings to convert H264 to H265: Hi there Converting 1080p MKV files encoded in H264 to H265 What's the best setting to use keeping original quality as much as possible -- a 2hr film currently with my H264 encode is around 4GB for MKV file. The source is full HD 1080p captured from SKY Q minibox....
  8. Show Details in Mp4-Avi-Mkv etc

Show Details in Mp4-Avi-Mkv etc: In Windows 10 when I hover my mouse over these files all I see is the size and length of my file. In windows 7 I could also see the details IE size of the file 1280x540 etc is there a way to enable this in Windows 10 [img] Thanks 14376
  9. Adding Subtitle with Handbrake

Adding Subtitle with Handbrake: Hello, Recently downloaded some full movie (mp4), and found a Hebrew subtitle. Located both files in a folder, opened the subtitle with Notepad, made some minor editing, saved it (encoding UTF-8) srt file, movie and subtitle same name. Played the movie in any player on...
  10. How do I edit the metadata of mp4, avi and mkv files?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I edit the metadata of mp4, avi and mkv files?: When viewing by details, you can choose to add various columns of metadata to the folder to sort files by, such as album or genre. How do you edit any of this data, for any file type? Right now my TV shows are sorted by season on my PC, but in different folders. What I...