Windows 10: Handbrake fails on W10 --MakeMKV still works fine

Discus and support Handbrake fails on W10 --MakeMKV still works fine in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there After "de-regionalising" and decrypting DVD's / Blu Ray's I convert these to MKV for my media servers. Handbrake on latest W10 build seems to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jimbo45, May 17, 2015.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Handbrake fails on W10 --MakeMKV still works fine

Hi there
    After "de-regionalising" and decrypting DVD's / Blu Ray's I convert these to MKV for my media servers. Handbrake on latest W10 build seems to miss some episodes when trying to encode DVD's with multiple episodes.

I've used Handbrake for many years - however somebody pointed me to MakeMKV which works for both Linux and Windows (and I believe I/os too if you have a Mac).

Works a treat - and is much simpler to use. Also decrypts the disc so no need to use a DVD decrypter first.

Here's the link --- rumoured to be going "Pay" soon so download while still free.

MakeMKV - Make MKV from Blu-ray and DVD

If you want to adjust size etc or convert to mp4 afterwards then Handbrake still works on the mkv files created.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, May 17, 2015
  2. Entegy Win User

Can somebody recommend the best DVD to Windows Phone 7 Ripping software?

Handbrake using the iPhone 4 preset will work fine.

Entegy, May 17, 2015
  3. XiaowuSun Win User
    windows 10 stuck in windows 7 mode

Hi all

I have a special scenario which is kind of strange. After upgraded from W7 to W10, all seems works well. Until I tweak the default setting a little. Right now, my normal user account is running W10 just fine, the new task bar, edge, notifications all work
    as expected. However, my administration account one seems to be stuck in W7 mode, start button failed to pop up, edge up then close immediately, and the notifications button failed to pop up also. Other than that, all seems still working fine. And I can still
    hold the right mouse button to see all the list of options. So, is there a way I can go back to the normal W10 mode? Thanks

XiaowuSun, May 17, 2015
Thema:

Handbrake fails on W10 --MakeMKV still works fine

1. Handbrake fails on W10 --MakeMKV still works fine - Similar Threads - Handbrake fails W10

2. In W10 Task manager works fine at start up but fails after 4 hours.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    In W10 Task manager works fine at start up but fails after 4 hours.: Hello from Costa Rica.Task manager works fine at start up but after 4 hours the "users" tab is blank and therefor the "processes" tab is empty.The processes tab shows the activity of the user.The other tabs shows the activity of the PC.After a reboot Taskmanger works fine...
  3. Looking for a Handbrake alternative

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Looking for a Handbrake alternative: Hi I am looking for a more robust trans coder than Handbrake for Windows 10 version 2004 x64, I don't mind if is payware Thank you very much in advance jedi I don't have idea where to start with this result, they are suggesting the "best" Handbrake alternative, usually I...
  4. Add Subtitle with HandBrake

Add Subtitle with HandBrake: Hello,If somebody is familiar with "HandBrake" program, here is my question:I use "HandBrake" for a long time to add subtitle to a movie file.Recently started the program, loaded a movie file (mp4), 1hr. 42min.Imported the subtitle file (srt), set everything as I did always,...
  5. all attempts to connect to internet websites fail, while ALL GOOGLE urls still work fine

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    all attempts to connect to internet websites fail, while ALL GOOGLE urls still work fine: Suddenly... with no changes made by me to any settings... 1 fails to communicate with all Ethernet Network connected devices printers etc for first time after 6 months of stable service 2 Cannot browse internet webtites... EXCEPT ALL GOOGLE related urls DO work... gmail,...
  6. Windows 7 Classic Games -- they work fine on W10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 Classic Games -- they work fine on W10.: Hi there Lovers of Spider solitaire, Hearts etc from W7 work just fine on W10. Just re-install. Cheers jimbo 2014
  7. Adding Subtitle with Handbrake

Adding Subtitle with Handbrake: Hello, Recently downloaded some full movie (mp4), and found a Hebrew subtitle. Located both files in a folder, opened the subtitle with Notepad, made some minor editing, saved it (encoding UTF-8) srt file, movie and subtitle same name. Played the movie in any player on...
  8. Utorrent works fine in W10

Utorrent works fine in W10: Hi there W10 ==> Utorrent works 100% OK for those interested in that sort of thing -- I'd recommend using TOR though to access your favourite site(s) -- might be slower but is unblocked everywhere and you are anonymous to ISP statistic collections and other "prying eyes"....
  9. W10 Fail

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 Fail: I was hoping for a "reduction" with the bells and whistles when I installed W10 yesterday. It saddens me that Microsoft did not listen to people about the traditional Start Menu--or at least, give the PC user the ability to change the Start Menu to look and behave exactly...
  10. Failed W10

in Windows 10 Support
    Failed W10: Currently using desktop. Yesterday I downloaded W10 on my notebook (it had been in order for me to do so). After many hours, and updating, I thought I'd have W10 working, but amongst the updates I saw W10 cancelled, or failed. No idea why. I can't find any evidence of W10...