Windows 10: Handbrake -latest version sometimes broken

Discus and support Handbrake -latest version sometimes broken in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there Seems on W10 x-64 with latest updates the updated version of Handbrake sometimes crashes Works fine on Linux with same settings !!!!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jimbo45, Nov 6, 2016.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Handbrake -latest version sometimes broken

Hi there

Seems on W10 x-64 with latest updates the updated version of Handbrake sometimes crashes

Works fine on Linux with same settings !!!! encoding the same file !!.

Linux version

HandBrake rev5474 (x86_64)

Windows version

0.10.5.0 64 bit version

Windows build 1607 build 14393.351 (W10 Pro X-64).

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Nov 6, 2016

2. Video (MP4) file not playing on any video player

i wanted to make sure whether Windows 10 may not be properly compatible with the latest HandBrake version

-> Isn't this a little back to front? Does Windows need to be compatible with Handbrake or does Handbrake need to be compatible with Windows? Anyway, it is extremely likely that your problem has anything to do with the operating system. It is an application
    problem.

Since this is a Handbrake problem your best bet is to check the Handbrake forums or FAQs.

Frederik Long, Nov 6, 2016
  3. Video (MP4) file not playing on any video player

Yes, which is why i brought it to the attention of the experts here because i wasn't sure that even though my other videos worked fine, whether it maybe could have been a Windows issue because HandBrake doesn't specify any issues on their end and it is the
    best conversion software around, so i wanted to make sure whether Windows 10 may not be properly compatible with the latest HandBrake version or if there is some sort of clash because i hadn't used HandBrake up until recently but did watch a few videos to
    see how the software basics worked.

Appreciate the help.

Unitedfan619, Nov 6, 2016
Thema:

Handbrake -latest version sometimes broken

1. Handbrake -latest version sometimes broken - Similar Threads - Handbrake latest version

2. Activation broken by latest update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activation broken by latest update?: Suddenly seeing Activate Windows on a machine running fine for 10 years....tried to go to Settings to run activation troubleshooter as recommended by the bot, but Update/Activation screens will not open at all?...
  3. Latest feature update is broken

Latest feature update is broken: Somehow the update gives a MAJOR slowdown on older computers. It brings the GPU up to 100% usage, and the same applies to SSD usage. For some reason I've found the problem on my GF's computer that has Razer Game Service that made the computer spike up in usage. Turns out the...
  4. Looking for a Handbrake alternative

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Looking for a Handbrake alternative: Hi I am looking for a more robust trans coder than Handbrake for Windows 10 version 2004 x64, I don't mind if is payware Thank you very much in advance jedi I don't have idea where to start with this result, they are suggesting the "best" Handbrake alternative, usually I...
  5. Snip & Sketch BROKEN in Latest Version V10.1907.24710

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Snip & Sketch BROKEN in Latest Version V10.1907.24710: Snip & Sketch is BROKEN; Is Anybody Listening? Several Users including myself have added Reviews Telling Microsoft that S&S was Broken in Version V10.1907.24710 sometime in Late June / Early July 2020. None of these Complaint / Problem Reviews have been responded to by...
  6. The latest version of Windows 10 is outright broken.

The latest version of Windows 10 is outright broken.: Get too many application crashes, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Blue Screens, and problems with the internet since the latest windows update. sfc /scannow found nothing, scandisk found nothing and DISM does nothing. Can you fix random crashes with...
  7. The latest version of windows 10 is more broken than the last

The latest version of windows 10 is more broken than the last: I seem to be getting errors and blue screens from the latest update and I may sue your company for giving me a police record from problems with windows 10....
  8. The latest version of Windows 10 is broken

The latest version of Windows 10 is broken: I've seem to ran into a major problem that the current version of the operating system is constantly crashing with the blue screen of death just like I had with Windows Millenium Edition a decade ago. First I cannot have two sticks of RAM without the Memory Management and...
  9. Adding Subtitle with Handbrake

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding Subtitle with Handbrake: Hello, Recently downloaded some full movie (mp4), and found a Hebrew subtitle. Located both files in a folder, opened the subtitle with Notepad, made some minor editing, saved it (encoding UTF-8) srt file, movie and subtitle same name. Played the movie in any player on...
  10. Latest version

in Windows 10 Support
    Latest version: How can I tell if I have always got the latest version of Windows 10 on my pc please? If I have automatic updates switched on, is the latest version automatically updated along with other security updates. Many thanks. 89529