Windows 10: Handwriting personalization / Supported characters for English (US) language

Discus and support Handwriting personalization / Supported characters for English (US) language in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello all, I have been using my Surface Pro on Windows 10, and was improving my PC's handwriting recognition in the appropriate settings. I was able... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JacobBuckley, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Handwriting personalization / Supported characters for English (US) language

Hello all,

I have been using my Surface Pro on Windows 10, and was improving my PC's handwriting recognition in the appropriate settings. I was able to successfully use all features of this process initially. Now, suddenly, when attempting to use "Target specific recognition errors" and entering in "character or word you specify", I am unable to enter in any characters. I get the message that whatever I type is an unsupported character in my language type. Again, this message started appearing after I had successfully used this feature before, and I did not change the language on my computer at all, so I find it bizarre. I have included a screenshot of the error message. Let me know what other information will be helpful to resolving this issue. Thanks! Handwriting personalization / Supported characters for English (US) language 2fb97420-98ac-4b76-b297-a6e13c6f8b20?upload=true.png

:)

JacobBuckley, Jul 7, 2018
  2. HeinPMK Win User

Surface Pro 3: Handwriting | There are not handwriting options for this language.

Hi all,

I have a Surface Pro 3, and just started working with it. Now I try to install the handwriting packs, but I am not able to. I got 3 language packs: English (UK), English (USA) and Dutch (NL).

My region is set to United States

My language is set English (US)

My speech language is set to English US

However when i click on region & language and look in the English (US) language it says: There are not handwriting options for this language.

This is the same for the other 2 languages.

In the optional feautures list I do see the handwriting packs for all 3 languages.

Can someone explain me how I get this to work, or how to install the handwriting packs?

Thanks in advange,

Hein

HeinPMK, Jul 7, 2018
  3. DIAN_89 Win User
    Handwriting doesn't work and cannot open "Handwriting Personalization"

Hi,

Thanks for your reply!!

-I'm using Thankpad X1 yoga, a touch screen PC.

-I tried mouse, also doesn't work.

-I installed English and Chinese , English is the default & system language. Both cannot make input by handwriting now.

There's one thing worth notice: I installed "sogou pinyin input", but it kept change the default language to Chinese automatically, so I uninstalled it at the same day. However I didn't try the handwriting before this, so I'm not sure if this is related
    to the problem.

Thanks,

Dian

DIAN_89, Jul 7, 2018
  4. Mooticus Win User

Handwriting personalization / Supported characters for English (US) language

Handwriting Disabled - "There are no handwriting options for this language."

Original title: Handwriting Disabled

I'm running a new SurfaceBook on Windows 10, Australia region, with English Australia as the default language. It says "There are no handwriting options for this language." I tried changing my language to English UK and English US, and it still says the
    same thing. I'm wanting to use this feature in OneNote "Ink to Text". I'm wanting to know how to enable this.

Mooticus, Jul 7, 2018
Thema:

Handwriting personalization / Supported characters for English (US) language

1. Handwriting personalization / Supported characters for English (US) language - Similar Threads - Handwriting personalization Supported

2. why after setting languages to UK english does it keep changing to US english?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why after setting languages to UK english does it keep changing to US english?: even after changing to UK english and making sure its set to default to UK in all settings it still goes to US https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-after-setting-languages-to-uk-english-does-it/ffdeced5-033e-472f-b89c-4158f4d2924d
  3. why after setting languages to UK english does it keep changing to US english?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why after setting languages to UK english does it keep changing to US english?: even after changing to UK english and making sure its set to default to UK in all settings it still goes to US https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-after-setting-languages-to-uk-english-does-it/ffdeced5-033e-472f-b89c-4158f4d2924d
  4. Language keyboards not typing in the actual language but with their English support

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Language keyboards not typing in the actual language but with their English support: I have a PC, but for comparison I have a school laptop I use. I have both Korean keyboards downloaded on them, however for some reason whenever I try to write in Hangul, it keeps resetting into the English alphabet on the Korean keyboard itself on PC. When I use any...
  5. Language keyboards not typing in the actual language but with their English support

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Language keyboards not typing in the actual language but with their English support: I have a PC, but for comparison I have a school laptop I use. I have both Korean keyboards downloaded on them, however for some reason whenever I try to write in Hangul, it keeps resetting into the English alphabet on the Korean keyboard itself on PC. When I use any...
  6. Language keyboards not typing in the actual language but with their English support

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. I can't download speech language English US

I can't download speech language English US: Hello, I would like to ask about speech settings. I would like to download speech language English US, but it says "Sorry, we're having trouble getting this feature installed. You can try again later. Error code: 0x80070490" If anyone knows what could help me, please share...
  8. Surface Pro X Handwriting personalization not available for this input language

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Surface Pro X Handwriting personalization not available for this input language: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/NiveaGeForce [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ey5s9l/surface_pro_x_handwriting_personalization_not/
  9. Switching my keyboard language from UK english to US english

Switching my keyboard language from UK english to US english: I have been attempting to change my keyboard language for some time now I have already tried the obvious things such as going into settings and changing all of my settings to English and even syncing my Microsoft account settings. However, the problem still persists. What...
  10. Handwriting support for English (AUSTRALIA) unavailable

Handwriting support for English (AUSTRALIA) unavailable: I have scoured the internet for hours and tried several fixes with no luck. I have a Microsoft Surface Pro 3 and I'm trying to use draw and general ink tools within Microsoft Word. When I download the Australian English language pack, even though an icon appears in 'Region...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. handwriting personalization not available for this default language

2. handwriting personalization not supported

3. unsupported character windows surface handwriting