Windows 10: Hanging at 'Restarting'

Discus and support Hanging at 'Restarting' in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My Windows 10 PC hangs at the 'Restarting' screen when installing updates or just restarting the computer. It eventually completes the update or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PhilRogers52, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Hanging at 'Restarting'

My Windows 10 PC hangs at the 'Restarting' screen when installing updates or just restarting the computer. It eventually completes the update or restart, but it takes far too long. The computer is a year old and did not do this until after an update several months ago. How can I fix this?

thanks

:)

PhilRogers52, Jul 18, 2018

2. HD 2600XT Hangs and Crashes

I can probably play cod4 or any other game really for about 45-60 minutes before my system hangs and my card crashes and my screen goes blank, i know its only my card because my system doesnt restart, my card fan stops running on full from its riva override, and soon thereafter my screen comes back on in 800x600 and i cant access the card's drivers to change the res or anything, so when it hangs and crashes i just resort to manually restarting.

one thing i think i could try is to bite the bit and install the latest drivers, i've been holding off on that.

but if there's anything else anyone can think of, or if someone has had the same problem as me. go for it and give me some suggestions.

in before buy the 4870. (already on my wish list)

xstayxtruex, Oct 17, 2018
  3. little cat, Oct 17, 2018
  4. Hanging at 'Restarting'

Windows 10 Search hangs

Hi,

To isolate your issue, please provide us the following information:

• Were there any changes made on your computer before this issue came up?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    Furthermore, we suggest that you follow the steps provided by Parth P Patel.

Let us know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, Oct 17, 2018
Thema:

Hanging at 'Restarting'

1. Hanging at 'Restarting' - Similar Threads - Hanging 'Restarting'

2. my laptop taskbar hang time and again. I have to restart window explorer and restart the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop taskbar hang time and again. I have to restart window explorer and restart the...: my laptop taskbar hang time and again. I have to restart window explorer and restart the system what should i do for permanent solution's https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-taskbar-hang-time-and-again-i-have-to/c3db6c51-2d40-4024-a135-dee68ea1e552
  3. my laptop taskbar hang time and again. I have to restart window explorer and restart the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my laptop taskbar hang time and again. I have to restart window explorer and restart the...: my laptop taskbar hang time and again. I have to restart window explorer and restart the system what should i do for permanent solution's https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-taskbar-hang-time-and-again-i-have-to/c3db6c51-2d40-4024-a135-dee68ea1e552
  4. MS Todo & Whatsapp desktop both hang and require restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Todo & Whatsapp desktop both hang and require restart: On my W11 laptop MS Todo & Whatsapp desktop both hang when shrunk and require restart. This behaviour is intermittent.I believe i have installed these both from the store; I have versions of these apps running on my android phone. When I say intermittent, this behaviour only...
  5. MS Todo & Whatsapp desktop both hang and require restart

MS Todo & Whatsapp desktop both hang and require restart: On my W11 laptop MS Todo & Whatsapp desktop both hang when shrunk and require restart. This behaviour is intermittent.I believe i have installed these both from the store; I have versions of these apps running on my android phone. When I say intermittent, this behaviour only...
  6. Intel MEIx64 Error 3 Causing PC Hangs and Slow Shutdowns/Restart/Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel MEIx64 Error 3 Causing PC Hangs and Slow Shutdowns/Restart/Sleep: I recently had to do a clean install of Windows 10 on this PC. It's a fairly old system, and I have had to buy a used motherboard to replace my last one. I did find a bent pin, but I bent it back, and I dont think it was anything that wasn't redundant. Everything worked fine...
  7. Intel MEIx64 Error 3 Causing PC Hangs and Slow Shutdowns/Restart/Sleep

Intel MEIx64 Error 3 Causing PC Hangs and Slow Shutdowns/Restart/Sleep: I recently had to do a clean install of Windows 10 on this PC. It's a fairly old system, and I have had to buy a used motherboard to replace my last one. I did find a bent pin, but I bent it back, and I dont think it was anything that wasn't redundant. Everything worked fine...
  8. Intel MEIx64 Error 3 Causing PC Hangs and Slow Shutdowns/Restart/Sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. PC hangs and Restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC hangs and Restart: Hi my PC has been hanging and restarting after the hang. Checking the event logs, there is this error that occurs:The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID...
  10. PC hangs and Restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC hangs and Restart: Hi my PC has been hanging and restarting after the hang. Checking the event logs, there is this error that occurs:The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID...