Windows 10: Hangs on bootup before splash screen, only when warm

Discus and support Hangs on bootup before splash screen, only when warm in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I thought with all the smart folks on this forum I might get some ideas. I have an odd issue.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sys, Jun 28, 2016.

1. SYS
    Sys Win User

Hangs on bootup before splash screen, only when warm

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I thought with all the smart folks on this forum I might get some ideas. I have an odd issue. My laptop will not complete initial boot, but only when the laptop is warm, as in restarting, or after a shutdown/reboot. If I let the tem cool off for say 15 minutes, then it restarts fine. When powered on it begins detecting devices - keyboard lights up, usb device lights up (if connected), fans briefly spin, etc. But then it hangs, BEFORE the Lenovo splash screen, the power light is on and the HD light is blinking - say 3 times per second.

At first I thought it must be heat related - given all the Lenovo Y50-70 issues I've read about. I checked my temps again, which have never been an issue. In fact I've always been impressed at how cool my temps are. My CPU temp rarely hits 60, motherboard usually 1 or 2 more than that, my GPU is rarely much over 50, and the SSD is always ok. I did take the back off, cleaned the fan and vents and re-seated memory. Still no joy.

Then I thought it might be the SSD not wanting to startup when it was warm. The HD light is the thing blinking afterall. So I cloned the SSD to another new SSD, installed it and tested. Same issue - won't restart after shutdown, unless I let it sit for 15 minutes or so. I did have one recent crash, possibly related to an SSD error, but replacing the SSD has not changed the behavior.

This just started a few weeks ago. I have been just going into sleep mode and avoiding shutdown unless I have to, or when done for the night.

I'm afraid there is some component on the motherboard going bad, and it will get worse. Maybe a bad heat sensor that thinks the tem is hot? Maybe something involved in detecting all the devices and when it gets to detecting the HD (or SSD), something hangs?

This happens also when I press the Novo button, so I can't even get into BIOS. Well, after it cools off then Novo will bring up the boot menu and then I can get into BIOS.

I have never seen a tem do exactly this in all my years of repairing PCs. Any ideas? *Confused

:)

2. Splash screen on booting the computer after installing Windows 10 Anniversary update.

Original Title: How to stop the splash screen on bootup

Booting up with the Anniversary update, I'll call it a splash screen I see for a second. My name is there but my picture is gone. When I go into Accounts, my picture is still there but for some comical reason, it isn't when booting or rebooting. Is there
    a way I can over come this please.

Rubert Mumps, Jun 28, 2016
  3. Rollback to N73 v3 firmware

TomTom version 6.010 is working perfectly. When I updated to version 6.02 it hangs onto the splash screen (the white screen with the turning earthglobe)

valos---01, Jun 28, 2016
Thema:

Hangs on bootup before splash screen, only when warm

1. Hangs on bootup before splash screen, only when warm - Similar Threads - Hangs bootup before

2. Dell Splash Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell Splash Screen: Hello everyone The issue I'm encountering is quite annoying but I guess it can be considered minor. So this is the issue, when starting up my PC the Dell splash screen pops up and the bar starts to load, but only goes up halfway and doesn't progress further unless the USB...
  3. KB4598242 install hanging my PC on manufacturer splash screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB4598242 install hanging my PC on manufacturer splash screen: Following installation of Windows 10 update KB4598242 OS Builds 19041.746 and 19042.746 yesterday the PC hangs on the PC manufacturer splash screen when I power up. Pressing the power button again launches BIOS, making no changes and Exiting BIOS launches Windows and the PC...
  4. Computer freezes, but only when not warmed up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer freezes, but only when not warmed up: Windows 10 Home Edition computer Version 2004. In the last few weeks, my computer freezes within the first half hour of booting up. I don't have to log in, if I just leave it at the login screen and wait, it will usually freeze and require a hard reset. However, after...
  5. Black screen with No Splash

Black screen with No Splash: So basically what I did was that I opened my whole pc and cleaned the dust and then I reassembled it back but now, whenever I press the power button I dont get the splash screen [Dell] and my screen only shows blinking white cursor. I cannot even access Bios. My specs:...
  6. Cold start OK, reboot hangs on splash screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Cold start OK, reboot hangs on splash screen: The machine is MSI Titan GT80 running latest-greatest Win10. The problem began after I installed an AHCI driver as I moved the machine from the RAID mode to AHCI mode in BIOS. I undid the RAID configuration a while back but it stayed configured in the RAID mode and...
  7. Freeze/ Splash Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Freeze/ Splash Screen: Hi all. I wasn’t sure which sub-forum to put this in (not having a BSOD, but, this is a technical “error” issue), but thought I’d post it here. Ever since I've had Windows 10 (2015?!), this issue I'm about to describe pops up intermittently. Sometimes months & months can go...
  8. splash screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    splash screen: how can I use the splash screen as background 66324
  9. Multiple BSOD (After Splash Screen, Before Login)

Multiple BSOD (After Splash Screen, Before Login): I think I have it narrowed down to my videocard. File Attached. Thanks in Advance. 73362
  10. : ) Splash screen hang :)

in Windows 10 Support
    : ) Splash screen hang :): When a computer boots up , the first thing seen would be the splash screen and after which it goes to windows. Mine , however , hangs at the splash screen. What i have so far: A bootable flashdrive with windows 10 installation, 1 x 250GB samsung ssd and 1 x...