Windows 10: Hard Disk (C:/) Takes Up Too Much Space

Discus and support Hard Disk (C:/) Takes Up Too Much Space in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hey Guys, So I have a 200 GB Hard Drive on my computer. A couple of days ago I got a notification mentioning there was not ten GB of space left. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JTechnology, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Hard Disk (C:/) Takes Up Too Much Space

Hey Guys,

So I have a 200 GB Hard Drive on my computer. A couple of days ago I got a notification mentioning there was not ten GB of space left. I was surprised, but I assumed I just had more on it than I thought. However, since then I have re-installed Windows for my own reasons and was surprised to find despite removing all documents and applications in the re-installation, I only had 90 GB free. This leaves 110 taken up by an unknown cause. I could not find many large files in file explorer when I searched for large files (file:gigantic). I'm sure this is not normal, and I would greatly appreciate help.

Thanks,

:)

JTechnology, Nov 20, 2015

2. Not enough GB to update Windows 10 Security Update, How do clear enough GB's to update?

You may run disk clean up to free up some space.

You could also try move files and folders that takes a lot of space to a external USB or Hard Drive.

You could also uninstall programs which you are not using much and taking too much space.

Cyber_Defend_Team, Nov 20, 2015
  3. Empty disk partitions taking up too much space.

Hard Disk (C:/) Takes Up Too Much Space [​IMG]
    After my upgrade to windows 10 I am quickly running out of HDD space. There are several other empty disk partitions that I would like to make use
    of. I was unable to delete or shrink them from disk management. Attached is a picture of my setup. I would especially love to make use of the extra 20gb not being utilized. Any information on what these partitions are, what is safe to remove and how to remove
    them would be great. Thanks!

NuclearCake, Nov 20, 2015
  4. topgundcp Win User

Hard Disk (C:/) Takes Up Too Much Space

topgundcp, Nov 20, 2015
  5. Williams Win User
    Williams, Nov 20, 2015
  6. Thanks! I found I have 83GB on Windows.old and 14GB on Windows. Is Windows.old a remnant of my old windows? Can I delete it without issues? Thankyou for your help

7. Williams Win User

Williams, Nov 20, 2015
  8. Hard Disk (C:/) Takes Up Too Much Space

So I permanently deleted the Windows.old folder as it was to big to go in the recycle bin, where it would have used storage anyway. Thankyou for all your help-SOLVED!

9. Williams Win User
    You are welcome ! *Smile

Williams, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Hard Disk (C:/) Takes Up Too Much Space

1. Hard Disk (C:/) Takes Up Too Much Space - Similar Threads - Hard Disk Takes

2. Something is taking up too much space.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Something is taking up too much space.: Every time I run Automatic's version of Stable Diffusion it takes up more and more space the longer I use it. I've tried cleaning the disk, resetting my virtual memory, and trying to hunt down where the files actually are that take up space. I think it has something to do...
  3. Something is taking up too much space.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something is taking up too much space.: Every time I run Automatic's version of Stable Diffusion it takes up more and more space the longer I use it. I've tried cleaning the disk, resetting my virtual memory, and trying to hunt down where the files actually are that take up space. I think it has something to do...
  4. Something is taking up too much space.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 takes up too much space

Windows 10 takes up too much space: Hi guys,I have a Windows 10 home single language OS running in laptop. I haev allocated around 220 GB for C drive among which around 200 gb has been occupied by Windows 10 OS itself now my system is slow and hangs a lot. How do I free it, I tried drive clean and everything....
  6. The system files are taking up too much space on the hard disk in Windows 10

The system files are taking up too much space on the hard disk in Windows 10: The system files are taking too much space on the hard disk in Windows 10. Here is a screen-shot of the resources consumed:Any Insight to resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated....
  7. System Files taking up too much space

System Files taking up too much space: I've been having storage issues and I checked my system files. Asked a few people and searched it on web and found out that 70GB is too much. I don't know what seems to be the problem since Windows file isn't that huge. How do I fix this?...
  8. One Drive Taking up too much space

One Drive Taking up too much space: This only happens on my laptop my desktop is utterly fine. For some reason, my laptop redownloads everything in my one drive folder. If I try to put stuff back in the cloud it re-downloads automatically the next day. Everything I've seen online to correct this essentially...
  9. Windows 10 taking up too much disk space

Windows 10 taking up too much disk space: My disk is heavily occupied by Windows and its auxiliary files. Of my 150GB Bootcamp Windows partition, about 55% is taken by Windows and most of it by Installer. I've already run Disk Clean and Wise Cleaner and still am left with only 17GB available. Component Store...
  10. Log files taking up too much space

Log files taking up too much space: I recently noticed that the used space of my disk was constantly increasing. After poking around a bit, I found that the windows/Temp folder had tens of thousands of files named 'AppXDeploymentServer_'+long string of numbers and letters+.evtx. Each of these files is 5188 KB....