Windows 10: Hard disk corruption with ten/seven dual boot

Discus and support Hard disk corruption with ten/seven dual boot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I learned this the hard way: if you dual boot 7/10, turn off hybrid (fast) startup: How to instruct Windows 8 NOT to perform a fast shutdown? -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jools, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Jools Win User

Hard disk corruption with ten/seven dual boot

I learned this the hard way: if you dual boot 7/10, turn off hybrid (fast) startup:

How to instruct Windows 8 NOT to perform a fast shutdown? - Super User

Otherwise it will corrupt your hard disks if you boot into the seven installation after shutting down from ten, as the fast shutdown wont properly flush hard disk caches.

:)

Jools, Jun 10, 2015
  2. CarloDid Win User

Re-partition harddrive from with in windows 10

I reinstall windows 7, partition hard drive even managed to keep seven and ten for duel booting. seeing how edge won't let me in secure e-mail from work and key board doesn't work in ten but works fine in seven. Normal re-partition didn't work from ten...
    had to work from installation disk.

CarloDid, Jun 10, 2015
  3. Windows 10 corrupting my Windows seven drive

I dual boot my computer with Windows seven and Windows 10. Every time I boot into windows 10 it says it is repairing the windows seven drive happens to be E: drive. Then when I boot into Windows Seven Windows Seven runs scan disk and has to repair corrupted
    files. What is going on and can I prevent windows 10 from seeing the other drives.

triumphd17, Jun 10, 2015
  4. Hard disk corruption with ten/seven dual boot

Good point -- but it's not just Win7 & Win10, it's also Win8/8.1 & Win10. The new FastStartup feature keeps the partitions mounted, even when the OS is not running, and this applies to shared data partitions, as well. I dual-boot between Win8.1 & Win10, and the first thing I do when I install a new Win10 build is disable FastStartup.

Mark Phelps, Jun 10, 2015
Thema:

Hard disk corruption with ten/seven dual boot

1. Hard disk corruption with ten/seven dual boot - Similar Threads - Hard disk corruption

2. hard disk partition problem after installing Ubuntu dual boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hard disk partition problem after installing Ubuntu dual boot: This happened after installing the Ubuntu dual boot. Since both OSs Windows and Ubuntu worked fine I did not do anything to fix it, but today the S drive, which was the same drive that Ubuntu was installed on, was removed. Is there any other way to fix it except for...
  3. hard disk partition problem after installing Ubuntu dual boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hard disk partition problem after installing Ubuntu dual boot: This happened after installing the Ubuntu dual boot. Since both OSs Windows and Ubuntu worked fine I did not do anything to fix it, but today the S drive, which was the same drive that Ubuntu was installed on, was removed. Is there any other way to fix it except for...
  4. Dual boot corrupts windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual boot corrupts windows: After i dual booted my computer with Windows 10 and Windows 7, every time I try to boot up to windows 10, it bluescreens and gives me the error "BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO". When windows 7 was fresh, my windows 10 worked absolutely fine, but after i installed drivers for windows...
  5. Hard Disk Corrupted - need to install windows in another hard disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hard Disk Corrupted - need to install windows in another hard disk: Dear Sir My hard disk is corrupted. How will I install windows in another hard disk? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-disk-corrupted-need-to-install-windows-in/87253f42-3d08-4508-9f58-b1e9fc928311
  6. Windows Disk Checking On Dual-Boot?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Disk Checking On Dual-Boot?: Currently I have Windows 10 (1803) and Ubuntu 18.04 dual-booted onto my laptop. Everything seems to work fine except sometimes when i boot into windows, it starts disk checking and then i press a key to skip disk checking. My question is if i dont press a key and it starts...
  7. Windows 10 Dual Boot - Scan Disk Corrupts OP and Startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Dual Boot - Scan Disk Corrupts OP and Startup: Iv been trying to understand what has been causing Boot Failing and Corruption on both windows 10 OP systems. I have 2 windows 10 pros with different keys installed on different ssd drives. I have work pc and a games pc set up however on booting from one OP System to the...
  8. Hard disk corruption

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard disk corruption: Does to many times doing clean installation ,resetting the pc or installing/ uninstalling programs corrupts the hard disk? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/hard-disk-corruption/673ac6c8-2d6a-46f9-8a6b-c54d2d6a7052
  9. Help with hard disk "corruption"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help with hard disk "corruption": Six months ago I built a new system using ADATA PCIe 128GB NVMe Gen3x4 M.2 2280 SSD. Windows 10 Pro. No problems at all, use the PC to record cable tv (separate drive). Been using Paragon Backup Restore 16 to do weekly backups on the C drive. Working great for 20+ weeks....
  10. Dual booting on seperate hard drives?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual booting on seperate hard drives?: Not sure where this was supposed to go sorry in advance, I want to dual boot windows 7 and windows 10 on 2 seperate hard drives is it possible? 16808

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dual boot win 10 disk corruption