Windows 10: Hard disk corruption

Discus and support Hard disk corruption in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Does to many times doing clean installation ,resetting the pc or installing/ uninstalling programs corrupts the hard disk?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by It's rohr, Aug 20, 2018.

1. It's rohr Win User

Hard disk corruption

Does to many times doing clean installation ,resetting the pc or installing/ uninstalling programs corrupts the hard disk?

:)

It's rohr, Aug 20, 2018
  2. Rey Bel1 Win User

Hard Disk is unreadable after updates

Hi Hermawan,

There are a number of reasons why hard disk drives fail. It may fail due to software or firmware damages which makes it unable to interact with the computer, or it may simply be corrupted due to problematic information on the
    disk. For us to isolate you concern, we would like to ask the following questions:

• How long have you been using the device?
    • Have you made changes on the device prior to the incident?
    • Was it damaged physically prior to the incident?
    • What have you done so far to resolve the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you check the steps provided by
    Time Lady on this
    thread
    and see if it helps.

We look forward to your response.

Rey Bel1, Aug 20, 2018
  3. External Hard disk contents are not visible.

Hi Pranoti,

For us to narrow down your concern with your external hard disk, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Do you hear any clicking sound when connecting your hard disk?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update all your device driver.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Aug 20, 2018
  4. Hard disk corruption

CANNOT DELETE A CORRUPTED FILE ON MY EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE ON WINDOWS 10

Hi Leenus,

Hard drive and other external memory storage can be corrupted on account of bad sectors which are no longer accessible or writable due to permanent damage. Your device or hard drive could also be infected by some type of malware. These are some of the possible
    causes why you are experiencing the error "ERROR 0x80070570: The file or directory is corrupted or unreadable". To address this concern, we suggest performing the following troubleshooting methods:

Method 1

Check and repair disk errors or corrupted file system. This process can fix "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable" error caused by bad sectors, virus infection or file system corruption. To do so, follow these steps:

• Back up all of the files on the hard drive (except for the corrupted file).
    • Using Search, type CMD.
    • From the search results, right-click on Command Prompt and then choose Run as administrator.
    • On the Command Prompt window, type chkdsk /f h: (h stands for your hard drive) and then hit the Enter key.
    • Delete the corrupted file and check if you'll experience the same error.

Method 2

Format the hard drive. You can manually format the hard drive to permanently remove "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable" error. These are the steps on how to format an external drive:

• Plug the hard drive into your computer.
    • Back up all of the files on the hard drive (except for the corrupted file).
    • Open File Explorer and then click This PC.
    • Click the external hard drive's name, click on Manage tab and then click on Format.
    • Click Start and then click OK.

Keep us updated with the result.

Darleen Pen, Aug 20, 2018
Thema:

Hard disk corruption

1. Hard disk corruption - Similar Threads - Hard disk corruption

2. Hard disk corrupt? or some other problem.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard disk corrupt? or some other problem.: I have a HP laptop. My window files are present in SSD and there is a separate Hard disk also. Whenever I start my laptop its says scanning and repairing hard disk drive and takes long time to start. It also take long time to shut down. At first copying files to HDD takes...
  3. Hard disk corrupt? or some other problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard disk corrupt? or some other problem.: I have a HP laptop. My window files are present in SSD and there is a separate Hard disk also. Whenever I start my laptop its says scanning and repairing hard disk drive and takes long time to start. It also take long time to shut down. At first copying files to HDD takes...
  4. Hard disk corrupt? or some other problem.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Files keep getting corrupted on a particular hard disk partition?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files keep getting corrupted on a particular hard disk partition?: I got a new laptop about two weeks ago, and I created a partition on the hard drive. Since then, whatever programs I install on that drive, their files keep getting corrupted and I don't know the reason. I tried everything from formatting the partition to deleting and...
  6. Files keep getting corrupted on a particular hard disk partition?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files keep getting corrupted on a particular hard disk partition?: I got a new laptop about two weeks ago, and I created a partition on the hard drive. Since then, whatever programs I install on that drive, their files keep getting corrupted and I don't know the reason. I tried everything from formatting the partition to deleting and...
  7. Corrupted Disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Corrupted Disk: Hello Community! After i've download Visual Studio 2013, 2015, 2019 i have a problem with my Disk C:I think it's corrupted now. Nothing works. I can't open a single app, i have to move to Disk D:, but sometimes won't work too either. Can i fix it somehow without making format...
  8. Hard Disk Corrupted - need to install windows in another hard disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hard Disk Corrupted - need to install windows in another hard disk: Dear Sir My hard disk is corrupted. How will I install windows in another hard disk? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-disk-corrupted-need-to-install-windows-in/87253f42-3d08-4508-9f58-b1e9fc928311
  9. Help with hard disk "corruption"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help with hard disk "corruption": Six months ago I built a new system using ADATA PCIe 128GB NVMe Gen3x4 M.2 2280 SSD. Windows 10 Pro. No problems at all, use the PC to record cable tv (separate drive). Been using Paragon Backup Restore 16 to do weekly backups on the C drive. Working great for 20+ weeks....
  10. Hard disk corruption with ten/seven dual boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hard disk corruption with ten/seven dual boot: I learned this the hard way: if you dual boot 7/10, turn off hybrid (fast) startup: How to instruct Windows 8 NOT to perform a fast shutdown? - Super User Otherwise it will corrupt your hard disks if you boot into the seven installation after shutting down from ten, as...