Windows 10: Hard Disk Usage After Fall Creators Update 1709

Discus and support Hard Disk Usage After Fall Creators Update 1709 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I installed the FCU 1709 today. About an hour ago, I was looking at my C: drive properties and I lost about 20 GB's with the install. Are there some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Donp, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Donp Win User

Hard Disk Usage After Fall Creators Update 1709

I installed the FCU 1709 today. About an hour ago, I was looking at my C: drive properties and I lost about 20 GB's with the install. Are there some very large download/install files on my C: drive that can be deleted now ? My C: drive is SDD 128 GB and before the install, I had about 75 GB's "free" and now I have 55 GB's free. It's not like I'm out of space, but a few more "feature" updates will make it so. I try to load data and other apps on my 1 TB conventional drive, if at all possible. When I look at my C: drive via properties, disk cleanup there's only about 15 MB's to be gained. What's up with all of this missing disk space ??

:)

2. ECH1 Win User

MS STORE: 4 Hard Drives. Only "THIS PC (CHard Disk Usage After Fall Creators Update 1709 :)" is available under Storage

Update

After updating to Fall Creator Update 1709 I now see 3 of my 4 hard drives in Storage > Local Storage.

I still can't see D: for some reason.

But at least there is improvement.

3. DaveM121 Win User
    Mounting iso image in windows 10

Hi Colin, this is a known issue with the Fall Creators Update and KOMPLETE 11, it is widely reported on their website . . .

QUOTE:

"The latest Windows 10 Update (Fall Creators- Version 1709) introduces an issue whereby it is not possible to mount disk images from exFAT formatted drives, such as the KOMPLETE 11 ULTIMATE hard drive"

They have 2 solutions on their Website:

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us...

DaveM121, Nov 15, 2017
  4. Hard Disk Usage After Fall Creators Update 1709

After each Windows build upgrade, it saves files in case you want to go back. You can delete these files by performing a Disk Cleanup on the drive.

Masterchiefxx17, Nov 15, 2017
  5. dalchina New Member
    Windows.old is created on each major build upgrade. After 10 days it will be deleted automatically. If you have enough space now, just be a little patient, as the doctor said to the shrinking man.

dalchina, Nov 15, 2017
  6. Donp Win User
    Thanks to all for your answers. I pretty much felt that an "old" folder would be created to "recover" from if something went wrong. I went back to look again this morning at my "disk cleanup" and clicked on the "system" files option. Then I saw the "huge" files that were never there before. Since I have plenty of space, I'll do as you suggest and wait for the "auto" delete in 10 days. I just migrated to a new PC and W-10 in August; lots of brain strain going from a 12 year old PC with W-XP. Thanks again for you help !!

Donp, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Hard Disk Usage After Fall Creators Update 1709

1. Hard Disk Usage After Fall Creators Update 1709 - Similar Threads - Hard Disk Usage

2. old defender UI broken in Fall Creators Update 1709

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    old defender UI broken in Fall Creators Update 1709: Since the upgrade to Fall Creators update the old style Defender UI MSASCui.exe produces an error if you try to look at Quarantined items on the History tab. Error loading type library/DLL Error code: 0x80029c4a I'm not the only one, apparently. Also reported here......
  3. "Users_old" directory after updating to 1709 Fall Creators

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    "Users_old" directory after updating to 1709 Fall Creators: In Trainwreck of errors related to seemingly-normal Win10 updates - help! Solved - Windows 10 Forums I posted of my confusion, a problem now solved, about an ASUS laptop that came with Windows 10 installed suddenly being unable to download and install updates. "Net" of that...
  4. Fall Creators 1709 Update Issue Possibly

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Fall Creators 1709 Update Issue Possibly: Hi All Not sure if this is a real issue or not, but it shows Other Updates all Failed, is it Related to Avast Free 17.8? or just a Windows 10 Update glitch, or nothing to be concerned about, I can try the update reset if need be 97860
  5. Disable driver update regedit - 1709 Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disable driver update regedit - 1709 Fall Creators Update: Hello How to turn off driver update via regedit ? os windows 10 fall creatros update 1709 Thank you 99435
  6. After Fall Creators 1709 update Cellular and Ethernet problem appeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After Fall Creators 1709 update Cellular and Ethernet problem appeared: The Verizon WWAN connection works if no Ethernet present and Wifi is off. Plug in Ethernet cable (static or dhcp to non internet router) and the Cellular connection changes to private so we lose internet. If I turn on wifi and connect it to a non internet router - then the...
  7. Falls Creators Update 1709 Bug in Start Items

in Windows 10 Support
    Falls Creators Update 1709 Bug in Start Items: This got to be a bug in version 1709 because despite installing all updates and rebooting many times, after I Unpin From Start from the items from the Start Menu Items list, they reappear after I start up again. Microsoft again, messed up big time on this... See...
  8. Fall Creators Update (1709) Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Fall Creators Update (1709) Remote Desktop: After upgrading window 10 to the Fall UC, i'm having some problems with remote desktop: two pc both with 1709: Sometimes the login stuck and i only see the login image with the user icon but it does not enter the descktop, some other times it ask for password again, it...
  9. Fall Creator's update (1709) broke the program index

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creator's update (1709) broke the program index: I got the Fall Creator’s update recently, and it somehow broke Windows’ indexing of programs. I'm currently on Winver: 1709 (OS Build 16299.64). Before the problem: Windows 10/drive C: is installed on a 250GB SSD, but most programs are installed on a conventional 640 GB...
  10. Windows 10 Fall Creators (1709) Update Issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Fall Creators (1709) Update Issues: I am having issues updating from 1703 to 1709, and I could use some help. I used the native Windows Update tool to download 1709. I restarted my computer when prompted to begin the installation. I got about a quarter of the way through the installation when I got a blue...