Windows 10: Hard drive APM control Windows 10?

Discus and support Hard drive APM control Windows 10? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Seagate HDD which has a really dumb APM setting. This makes it spin down and make extra noise. In Windows 7, I managed to auto disable per... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Muyfa666, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Muyfa666 Win User

Hard drive APM control Windows 10?

I have a Seagate HDD which has a really dumb APM setting. This makes it spin down and make extra noise.

In Windows 7, I managed to auto disable per session basis, but in Windows 10, this does not seem to work any more.

Are there any proven way to control APM settings in Windows 10? I really can figure it out.

:)

Muyfa666, Sep 12, 2015
  2. Heiko_sg Win User

On my windows 7 phone i have under setting - mobile network a edit APM stting but on my new window 8 this seeting is not there any more?

On my windows 7.8 phone i have under "setting" - "mobile network" a "edit APM" stting whereby on my new
    window 8.0 phone this seeting is not there any more?

I need the APM configuration to use Facebook in China?

How can I get the same APM setting folder also on my windows 8 phone?

Heiko_sg, Sep 12, 2015
  3. Pokey69 Win User
    File setup.exe not supported on Fire portable unit.

Ease of Use

Windows 200 Professional also contains features that improve support for mobile users and . . .,

Support for Mobile Users

Windows 2000 Professional support the latest laptop technologies based on Advanced Power Management (APM) and Advanced Configuration Power Interface (ACPI), which turns on power to the display, hard disks after a period of inactivity

Pokey69, Sep 12, 2015
  4. campdude Win User

Are you looking for the option "Turn Hard disk off after XX minutes".... I input 0 minutes and then it says "Turn Hard-drive off never". Its in power settings.
    I had to do this to fix issues on my computer.

campdude, Sep 12, 2015
  5. Muyfa666 Win User
    No, I already have that set to "Never" and it does not fix my problem.

I'm looking for a permanent solution or at least a program that can fix it automatically when I start the computer.

Muyfa666, Sep 12, 2015
  6. CountMike New Member
    Check your HDD manual, some, so called "Green" drives have their own APM modes that work independently of OS.

CountMike, Sep 12, 2015
  7. Muyfa666 Win User
    Yes, you are right. This is the issue.

I also figured out a decent workaround; I used a program called "APMDisable" to simply disable the APM spindown, but it resets every time the computer is restarted. I can not put it in "Startup" because of UAC limits. Task Scheduler did not work either.

I finally found a small program called "Elevated Startup". I enabled it and put the autostart shortcut in there and voila! It works. Lovely little app. Hard drive APM control Windows 10? :)

Muyfa666, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Hard drive APM control Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Hard drive APM

2. Windows 10 to new hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 to new hard drive: Looking to move my C drive and my copy of windows 10 to a new hard drive. How can I do this? Someone recommend just making a clone? Can I do that with windows without messing anything up?...
  3. Hard drive with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hard drive with Windows 10: My computer just died. Nothing but beep-beep-beep when I turn it on. I had another box that the drive was corrupted on, so I took the hard drive out and put it in the other machine. I turned it on it opened right up, ran fine and I was able to down load my data. I thought...
  4. Windows 10 hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 hard drive: My HDD says it's full even AFTER I deleted all the pictures from it. What is the fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-hard-drive/2f1c4677-23b6-4c76-a4da-a75fb1d5c6c9
  5. Windows 10 Hard Drive Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Hard Drive Problem: Getting "Boot Device Not Found". "Please install an operating system". Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-hard-drive-problem/e9a3eafa-b55e-4f48-a5c7-1f3d85b2caf7
  6. Upgraded hard drive for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgraded hard drive for Windows 10: Hello, I replaced an old HDD drive with SSD drive. I had a Windows 7 home edition on old hard disk. Now I am trying to re-use the same product key on Windows 10 installed fresh on new SSD. It is not allowing me to enter. Because it has different format and number of...
  7. Window 10 Hard drive Failure

Window 10 Hard drive Failure: My laptop I purchased in December 2017 had a hard drive failure. I have gone to HP for troubleshooting and nothing seems to fix it. I am ok with getting another Hard drive however I cannot find the image file the I backed up. How can I reload Windows 10 on the new hard...
  8. Help with Hard drive on windows 10

Help with Hard drive on windows 10: Hi all wondering if anyone can help.... I have a laptop running windows 10 Home 64 bit, (updated regularly) it has a ssd as main hard drive and a 1tb western digital back up drive (D) the backup drive has nothing on it at all yet continues to spin up and make a noise.... I...
  9. External Hard Drive (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    External Hard Drive (Windows 10): Hello, I have been using 2TB external hard drive for a couple of months and at the beginning I had no problems with it. Recently I noticed that my hard drive was taking longer and longer to load and open up the files although I only had like 600 GB filled. Just now, the...
  10. Windows 10 and a busy hard drive?

Windows 10 and a busy hard drive?: I would like to know if what I am about to describe is occurring with many other users. Since I upgraded from Win7 to WIn10, I have noticed that my SSD seems to be a lot busier than it was in Win7. I've got a SSD so this disk activity is certainly not loud by any means. But I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. apm control hard drive

2. apm control hdd

3. hdd apm regedit windows