Windows 10: Hard Drive Disks D: and E: suddenly dissapeared!

Discus and support Hard Drive Disks D: and E: suddenly dissapeared! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I opened my laptop today to find that both of my drives (D:) and (E:) are suddenly gone. (D:) had had around 800 GB on (D:) and most... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Max203_727, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Hard Drive Disks D: and E: suddenly dissapeared!

Hello,

I opened my laptop today to find that both of my drives (DHard Drive Disks D: and E: suddenly dissapeared! :) and (EHard Drive Disks D: and E: suddenly dissapeared! :) are suddenly gone. (DHard Drive Disks D: and E: suddenly dissapeared! :) had had around 800 GB on (DHard Drive Disks D: and E: suddenly dissapeared! :) and most of my games. I tried to do system restore (and even created one about a month ago) but it disappeared too. I have updated drivers and restarted my computer but it is still not there. When I see protection settings in system protection, it says that both (DHard Drive Disks D: and E: suddenly dissapeared! :) and (EHard Drive Disks D: and E: suddenly dissapeared! :) are missing. I have also tried to go to device management and see if they were there but it only says disk 0 (which is C: drive, RE tools and disk 0 partition 1). Is there a way to bring them back? Thank you.

:)

Max203_727, Aug 8, 2018

2. windows 10 missing D: drive

Original title: windows 10

I have installed windows 10 a few weeks ago and suddenly it does not see drive D: It lists only drive C: and DVD E: I have stoked up device manager and looked at disks, there is only one physical disk listed. I have all my data on drive D:

HELP!!!

Jean-ClaudeMagnien, Aug 8, 2018
  3. Cannot access D drive since upgrading to Windows 10.

Hello Judy,

Thank you for replying quickly with the status of the issue.

Please reply to few more questions:

• Is the D: drive located on the same hard disk or on different hard disk?

• Did you have any important data saved on the
      D:
      drive?

If the D: is saved on another hard disk and you are unable to access it, I suggest you to format the drive completely and check if the issue is resolved.

To format the hard disk, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Disk management option.

• Right click on the D: drive and select
      Format option.

• Wait for the formatting to complete and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Aug 8, 2018
  4. Hard Drive Disks D: and E: suddenly dissapeared!

Drive D error no disk

I am receiving a message 'msn.exe - no disk' There is no disk in the drive.

My DVD drive is drive E, so I'm thinking drive D is a partition on the hard drive.

How can I prevent this message from sporadically popping up?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Kathy in NJ, Aug 8, 2018
Thema:

Hard Drive Disks D: and E: suddenly dissapeared!

1. Hard Drive Disks D: and E: suddenly dissapeared! - Similar Threads - Hard Drive Disks

2. D:\ Drive Dissapears And Reapears

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    D:\ Drive Dissapears And Reapears: Windows seems to want to try and resolve the problem but just got stuck on an infinite loop--It restarts. Tries to solve the issue then stops the scan midway and opens windows like normal-- Then prompts me to do it all over again. Without really doing much the drive just...
  3. Hard disk Drive D and E not visible.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard disk Drive D and E not visible.: I was out of station for a few days and now after I came back and booted my pc it was taking too long and after boot up there was only C drive visible in My explorer my D &E drives were not there. When I go into disk management the only drive that shows up is the C drive and...
  4. Hard disk Drive D and E not visible.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard disk Drive D and E not visible.: I was out of station for a few days and now after I came back and booted my pc it was taking too long and after boot up there was only C drive visible in My explorer my D &E drives were not there. When I go into disk management the only drive that shows up is the C drive and...
  5. Hard disk Drive D and E not visible.

6. Disk D and E suddenly disappeared

Disk D and E suddenly disappeared: Yesterday I shut down and update my computer. After the update finishes and it shut down, my brother pulled the wifi cable from the computer and used it for his laptop. after reattaching the said wifi cable to the computer and launching it, some shortcuts at desktop...
  7. hard disk drives D:

hard disk drives D:: i got pc and when i go look to hard disk my C: is full so how do i add D: because C: is the only 1 that i got on here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-disk-drives-d/903f7cfd-6fd7-44ec-af8c-5761f067c088
  8. Drive D dissapeared?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Drive D dissapeared?: Drive D has dissapeared from the this pc section it went to quick access and it's unopenable and some stuff won't open help please? submitted by /u/saladyboi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dq8e5s/drive_d_dissapeared/
  9. Hard drive dissapeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive dissapeared: My in-built hard drive recently vanished after a windows update. I am unable to find it, and I recently ran out of space in my SSD, so I need to put stuff on my hard drive. I have been unable to troubleshoot since you guys removed the devices troubleshooting option. Please...
  10. D and E drives

D and E drives: Hi all, can anyone enlighten me as to why my D or E drives don't work, I want to copy some tracks onto my OC then burn them to another disc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/d-and-e-drives/6cf8b911-ce0d-4e4e-a023-019f7c54a140