Windows 10: Hard drive doesn't boot or show up in bios after Windows update!

Discus and support Hard drive doesn't boot or show up in bios after Windows update! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is my first post in the forums so I hope I'm posting in the correct section! Went to work today and shut my computer down and it had some updates... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jch1993, May 16, 2018.

1. jch1993 Win User

Hard drive doesn't boot or show up in bios after Windows update!

This is my first post in the forums so I hope I'm posting in the correct section!

Went to work today and shut my computer down and it had some updates well when I come home my computer was on a blank screen so I rebooted it and it came up with the bios but it was unusually slow and when I went under the bios settings it said it has been reset to default, when I checked my drives my main drive was showing up blank with no name on the drive so I shutdown and unplugged all my extra drives and tried to plug the drive into another sata cable just to see if I could atleast get it to show up, no avail! So I took the drive out and put it in another Pc and now the drive is showing up at not initialized, click the ok button and I'm presented with an error message, the file cannot find the file specified, the drive is showing no storage space as well I've tried minitool partion wizard and it doesn't show there or in the program easeus data recovery is this drive shot? Ive been trying for over 2 hours to figure out something, I had well over 100gbs of data on the drive and am at a loss because I have no idea what all was on the drive, just recently went through a hard drive crash and lost well over 400gbs of data hate to lose more! Any help is appreciated
    Hard drive doesn't boot or show up in bios after Windows update! [​IMG]

:)

jch1993, May 16, 2018
  2. Hari Rana Win User

Hard drive not showing in BIOS or Bootable Drive

I reinstalled windows 7 on my HP laptop and recently installed Windows 10 for dual-boot. Then, my laptop had a Blue Screen of Death (crashed) and it turned on again without booting in Windows 7 or 10 and it didn't even recognize my hard drive. I went into
    the BIOS and my hard drive didn't even show up. I created a Windows 10 bootable drive and I tried reinstalling Windows 10 on my laptop and again, the hard drive didn't show up so I couldn't reinstall Windows 10. I have the HP Pavilion g7 notebook.

Hari Rana, May 16, 2018
  3. rizsikar Win User
    Hard drive detected by BIOS but not Windows

Hi,

A few days ago on I keep getting a popup message saying there's a need to repair my hard drive and instructions for me to backup. Tried to do the backup but somehow the process doesn't run (nothing happens after clicking the backup button).

Today my Win 10 crashes and upon reset it shows a black screen that says I need to choose a proper boot device, as if the Windows 10 is not recognized by the computer. BIOS shows that I am indeed booting from the correct drive (detected by the BIOS), but
    Windows won't boot.

Is there anyone else experiencing this problem?

Thanks

rizsikar, May 16, 2018
Thema:

Hard drive doesn't boot or show up in bios after Windows update!

1. Hard drive doesn't boot or show up in bios after Windows update! - Similar Threads - Hard drive doesn't

2. Missing Hard Drive after BIOS Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing Hard Drive after BIOS Update: I have an hp omen laptop 17t-w100 CTO and I had an issue with the battery. The battery level was stuck at 93%. As soon as I unplugged the charger, the laptop turned off.I read that a BIOS update might fix the issue. I had version F.53 and downloaded and installed the F.55...
  3. Missing Hard Drive after BIOS Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Hard Drive after BIOS Update: I have an hp omen laptop 17t-w100 CTO and I had an issue with the battery. The battery level was stuck at 93%. As soon as I unplugged the charger, the laptop turned off.I read that a BIOS update might fix the issue. I had version F.53 and downloaded and installed the F.55...
  4. Missing Hard Drive after BIOS Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Hard drive gets disconnected a few minutes after boot, the drive shows in bios and after I...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive gets disconnected a few minutes after boot, the drive shows in bios and after I...: The hard drive gets disconnected a few minutes after boot, the drive shows in bios and after I log in to windows 10 but gets afterwards. The error message in event viewer says the drive is not ready for acess, it is the drive I have my Xbox games installed too. I also have...
  6. USB hard drive doesn't show up on computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB hard drive doesn't show up on computer: So I have Windows 10 (very new to it), and I need to use some files from my hard drive. When I plug it in, it makes a 'ding' noise, which is good, but then I can't open it. I can only see it in 'Devices and Printers' but it won't open, and it doesn't show up in the Disk...
  7. After update, External hard drive shows up as a network drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After update, External hard drive shows up as a network drive: MS did it again. I made no changes whatsoever to anything and now this. External 1TB HDD shows up as a network drive under "Network locations". External hard drive shows up as a network drive - - - Updated - - - [img] - - - Updated - - - I see the 4 internal SSDs but...
  8. Windows Boot Manager Doesn't Show Up In BIOS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Boot Manager Doesn't Show Up In BIOS: Windows Boot Manager Doesn't Show Up In BIOS And Still Boots. Is It Fine? Is It Something To Be Worried About? Should I Backup All Data Now? submitted by /u/PalPalash [link] [comments]...
  9. Hard Drive doesn't show up in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard Drive doesn't show up in file explorer: [ATTACH]My 1 TB hard drive doesn't show up in the file explorer despite me being able to see it in device manager and the defragmenter software in windows 10. I don't want to format my hard drive because it has alot of my personal files and i don't have another computer to...
  10. Laptop doesn't boot after BIOS update

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop doesn't boot after BIOS update: Hi guys, I recently bought a MSI laptop, and decided to update the BIOS. However after the update my laptop just doesn't boot anything, no USB, no hard drive, nothing. Can anyone help me out? I already enabled/disabled secure boot, used UEFI etc. and tried to flash the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hard drive not showing up in bios after bios update

2. hard drive doesnt boot after update