Windows 10: Hard drive: Head crashing/parking sound

Discus and support Hard drive: Head crashing/parking sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have a samsung F3. I heard strange sounds, like very loud bangs , some sort of head parking sound but on steroid, more and more i was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Elbern, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Elbern Win User

Hard drive: Head crashing/parking sound

Hello,

I have a samsung F3.
    I heard strange sounds, like very loud bangs , some sort of head parking sound but on steroid, more and more i was using windows 10x 64 home and windows 7 on previous use.

I would like to know if it is normal i could fixed it this way:

Just by unscrew a bit screws that was tightening the hard drive bay to hard drive,
    I could fix the loud bang problem, after 20 or 30 reboot. sound disappeared.

next step, maybe it fixed it too for a reason or another:

In a kubuntu 15.10 live dvd , i used dd command + parameters, to fill with zero my hdd after deleting partition table.:

"dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sda" (could be a little diferent command)

And i did a fresh win 10 x64 home install.

Next one by one :
    chkdsk C:
    chkdsk /f
    chkdsk /r

There was little errors in ntfs that was fixed.
    Did another chkdsk /r, no errors.

I tryed to check again smart value with gparted, it was healthy.
    I did a check of all partitions, from kde partition manager and gparted too.
    No errors.
    Testdisk show green gpt / ntfs volumes.

Ok so, I come back to the fixed problem:

More amazing thing, about untightening screw, there was big vibrations from hard drive, just after, and those vibrations disappeared.
    My hard drive is silent now.

Thanks.

Ps:
    Next is the story behind the HDD failure, anyway i just bought a seagate 2Tb SSHD for now and future use.

I had to cut house main power to check wiring at a electric socket in my house.
    I first set on off my powersupply (gs600).
    then i pressed off my powersurge device.
    It was turn to cut main power for electricity metter powering all my house.

What happend when i put power on and switched surge protect and power suply on:

My motherboard would not post, even without a graphic card (just integrated graphic)
    1 stick of ram, one i5 4670k and z87-plus motherboard.

Sometime i could see a message: Power surge protect ,
    Other time, i had no post sound or led, even 1 beep.

I fixed it by letting power, draw from the capacitors on mainboard and powersuply everyday for 10 hours between each reboot attempt.
    I installed again all components inside the pc case,

I used vacum cleaner inside power supply.
    And tryed to use it everywhere i could on components and motherboard...
    I let the power supply outside of case for three days after pressing few time the power switch just to be sure there was
    less risk for me , but still dangerous i know :'(

Then next try was buying a new battery for motherboard (3v cr2032)

One of those steps fixed the no post issue.
    I can press the on off switch on power suply and surge protect, unwire from main socket, reboot, shutdown, doing normal operaions, without a crash.

Corsair needed first i try with a new motherboard, and asus, needed i call them instead of using email, they couldn't help me because i did all the steps to test why it was not posting at first.

My seller, asked me to try a new power supply before sending to rma the motherboard...

Now the problem is fixed, i can't do test anymore to see what was about to fail, i'm a bit sad.

Thanks again for reading this block of text *Wink

:)

Elbern, Aug 30, 2015

2. AccelerometerSt.exe error (0xc000007b) windows 10 upgrade

Thanks for this very important info to protect the hard drive heads if computer is dropped the AccelerometerSt.exe will park the heads and possibly save the data on your computer.

Larry J Silva, Aug 30, 2015
  3. Jose Jr. Win User
    Unable to boot HP Pavillion G6

When your mum's laptop fell. The hard drive inside the laptop must have had experienced a "head crash". Hard drives have physical moving platters. And when your mum's laptop fell, a platter must have had crashed into the read-write head (which reads and
    writes data on the platters of coarse). Windows won't start because it is stored on the hard drive. A hard drive replacement would be the right way to go. Just make sure it is the right size and connection type for your laptop. The amount of hard drive space
    will be up to you. Also, this would require you to know how to access the hard drive. Good luck!

Jose Jr., Aug 30, 2015
  4. bro67 Win User

Not good. Time to replace the hard drive.

bro67, Aug 30, 2015
  5. Elbern Win User
    Yes about hard drive the f3 i got it since 2010 or 2011.
    It ran well with multiple hardware setups till 15-30 days ago.

I needed more space, just to launch audio cd from my computer instead of puting disk one by one each time,
    and for playing games that can hold more than 50 gb of data each.
    So 2 tb hard drive with 2x 1GB platter, is nice for my usage.

I found a pack of 3 sata 6 gbs cable from akasa, just in case.

And last thing, swapping to differents sata slots, when i had the problem, was not helping.

Elbern, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Hard drive: Head crashing/parking sound - Similar Threads - Hard drive Head

2. Hard drive crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard drive crash: I purchased my surface 4 years ago. One evening surface worked great. The next morning it wouldnt turn on unless i had power cord attached. It ran horribly skie in addition. After one hour on the phone with tech support i was told my surface warrenty ended 1 year ago. My hard...
  3. Hard drive crashed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hard drive crashed: My hard drive crashed on my computer and I had to buy a new one. I had to make up an email to get it to let me get in *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. The last one had my Yahoo email which is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. How can I get that...
  4. HARD DRIVE CRASH

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HARD DRIVE CRASH: sony vaio model - SVE14132CXB, hard drive crash. what do I do. how to recover original windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-crash/82cc9941-b4d6-4434-9b18-e33b92382494
  5. Hard drive crashed

Hard drive crashed: Hardware crashed lnstalling new hardware how do i reinstall windows 10 on new hardware. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-crashed/7fc2f13c-081a-48de-9344-da8ac6ccded4
  6. Hard drive crashed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hard drive crashed: I have a Dell XPS 9100 from 2011, the HD stopped working last night. I have a new drive ordered and was wanting to know if the Windows 7 key on the computer would be valid for Windows 10, did the key roll over to the update? I would like to avoid buying a new copy of Windows...
  7. External hard drive ejected but still spinning and moving heads

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External hard drive ejected but still spinning and moving heads: I've got a 3.5" drive in a caddy that I use for backups. Up until a couple of weeks ago I could eject it in Windows and it would almost immediately spin down. Now, however, it's started behaving oddly. When I eject it, after Windows has confirmed it's OK to turn it off, the...
  8. Hard drive crashed

Hard drive crashed: My hard drive crashed and I have windows 10. How do I get windows 10 back on it so it will boot up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-crashed/540c3762-0a69-4171-84c6-cb5a9382c0e8
  9. Hard drive crash.

Hard drive crash.: Need to install a new SSD and am not sure how to get the Windows Key needed for 10 installation? My computer was upgraded from 8.1 to 10 and I supposedly have a digital entitlement....
  10. SATA III to USB 3 Dock has Drive disappear after Head Park.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SATA III to USB 3 Dock has Drive disappear after Head Park.: Well, I have tried everything and even have the USB Hubs set to not allow the Computer to turn off the device. Here is my issue and Nothing works to fix it... First, I am on 64 bit Win 10 Pro. One system is on CU 1703 as of yesterday, but it did not help anything. This is...