Windows 10: Hard Drive in Optical Disk bay makes click sound when restarting

Discus and support Hard Drive in Optical Disk bay makes click sound when restarting in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So i bought a HDD caddy for my ODD and a HGST Travelstar 7K1000 and whenever i restart, it does this clicking sound Dropbox - HDD Click.mp3 The other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Rares95, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Rares95 Win User

Hard Drive in Optical Disk bay makes click sound when restarting

So i bought a HDD caddy for my ODD and a HGST Travelstar 7K1000 and whenever i restart, it does this clicking sound Dropbox - HDD Click.mp3
    The other hard drive in bay 2 never made this sound in the 9 months I had it and it's the same manufacturer and model. Again, it makes this sound ONLY when restarting, otherwise it is pretty silent.

My setup: Windows 10 Pro
    ASUS G751JT-CH71
    Bay1: Adata SX900 SSD 128GB
    Bay2: HGST Travelstar 7K1000
    ODD: HGST Travelstar 7K1000

:)

Rares95, Oct 26, 2015

2. windows 10 professional not finding one of two internal hard drives

The hard drives drivers are not the same as the disk/storage controllers listed separately IDE SATA/ATAPI controllers. What are listed under those?

Is this a laptop where you are using the Optical Drive bay as a secondary hard drive bay? Please explain the secondary bay you describe using for the problem disk. How is it connected exactly to the motherboard?

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Oct 26, 2015
  3. auggy Win User
    DVD/CD- ROM DRIVE

Try disabling the Toshiba Optical Disk Drive Service and then remove and reinstall the optical drive.

Windows Key + R > type services.msc in the "Open" box > OK

In the right window scroll down to the "TOSHIBA Optical Disk Drive Service" and double-click the "TOSHIBA Optical Disk Drive Service" and then set the "Startup type" to "Disabled" > OK

Restart the computer.

Then open the Device Manager and right-click the DVD drive > Uninstall device and then uninstall the device.

Restart the computer and let Windows re-detect and reinstall the drive.

auggy, Oct 26, 2015
Thema:

Hard Drive in Optical Disk bay makes click sound when restarting

1. Hard Drive in Optical Disk bay makes click sound when restarting - Similar Threads - Hard Drive Optical

2. Hard Disk Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard Disk Drive: Hello,I just purchased a new HP computer and I have downloaded three programs and now my C drive says there is only 183GB of 237GB free and my entire hard disk drive which has 931 GB available has nothing in it. I don't know how to use the drive and have my programs...
  3. external hard drive bay for ATA drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    external hard drive bay for ATA drive: Hi, I am not sure if this is the right place for this post or not. I have an external hard drive bay for SATA drives. It is just a stand, and I can swap out any SATA drive that I want to quickly, and read the contents on my computer. But the interface won't connect to my...
  4. Optical drive not recognized until manually click disk management

in Windows 10 Customization
    Optical drive not recognized until manually click disk management: I have an annoying problem with my recently purchased Dell computer running Home Windows 10. The DVD optical drive is not recognized when I put in a DVD or CD until I click on Disk Management, or turn on/off another external drive. I have called Dell Support several times....
  5. Hard drive clicking when not in use

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hard drive clicking when not in use: [ATTACH] I'd like to disable (turn off, spin down, etc-stop it from making noise) my hard drive when I'm not actively using it. I just moved my computer onto my desk and lowered the idle fan speed and the clicking sound is infuriating. It'll ping-pong between nothing and...
  6. Unformatted disks not accessible for formatting in optical drive

Unformatted disks not accessible for formatting in optical drive: Unformatted CD's or DVD's are not recognized and there is no format command option when I right-click on the drive in Explorer. I can burn videos and photos to an unformatted disk using a burn program but I cannot write files or format an unformatted disk when attempting to...
  7. External Hard Drive with clicking sound

External Hard Drive with clicking sound: A relative with toddlers just gave me his "Western Digital Passport Ultimate" external HDD that he saves all his family videos on , that was tossed by one of his tods to the ground while playing a video . Yes its a crises , and for the first time in my life I meet a drive...
  8. Restore backup using hard drive or optical drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore backup using hard drive or optical drive?: When i made a backup image file in my external hard drive can i directly restore it from my hard drive or should i make a bootable copy at an optical drive? And if it's possible to use my hard drive will it erase all the data inside the hard drive?...
  9. hard disk drive

hard disk drive: my drive is displaying a bad block error and wont open plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-disk-drive/f50b0966-36ba-4d86-84b3-867a6ced81ad
  10. Optical BD drive disappears when inserting a disk

Optical BD drive disappears when inserting a disk: Something in a recent update to Windows 10 has changed the behavior of my SATA connected optical drive. Everything worked fine and then recently: Inserting a cd causes the drive to disappear from "This PC" The drive will show up in Device Manager if "show hidden devices"...