Windows 10: Hard Drive Locked

Discus and support Hard Drive Locked in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello so before this problem occurred I attempted to transfer my main drive with Windows 10 on it to a larger drive using the western digital software.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Devonias, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Devonias Win User

Hard Drive Locked

Hello so before this problem occurred I attempted to transfer my main drive with Windows 10 on it to a larger drive using the western digital software. After this my computer restarted, and when I tried signed in I would get a flickering screen/black screen with cursor. I tried to boot into safe mode and I was given a white screen with and infinite dots would circle in the center, and blink black every minute. I couldn't do anything, so I attempted a refresh. Once I did that that the infinite blue screen with white dots continued. So I booted Windows off of my Usb and attempted to fix startup problems, and none were detected. Then I tried to refresh/backup, and I was given a message that said, "The drive where Windows is installed is locked. Unlock the drive and try again." At this point I went into command prompt and saw that my two drive were online, but I am unsure how to unlock them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you! *Smile

:)

Devonias, Jan 1, 2016

2. Hard drive locked

Hi,

To resolve this issue with Windows 10 installation, kindly check the resolution provided by Rakesh Narayanaswamy on this

link

Let us know how it goes.

Nathaniel Mon, Jan 1, 2016
  3. PhyllisSE Win User
    Hard drive locked

Tried to reset my HP laptop but it failed at 54% and left me with blue screeen. Ran diagnostics and everything passed ok. Downloaded windows 10 ISO from microsoft and tried to reboot but failed . Now the hard drive is now locked . Can anyone help please?

PhyllisSE, Jan 1, 2016
  4. XweAponX Win User

Hard Drive Locked

Sounds like you copied the partition improperly. If you still have the original Drive, use any old version of Paragon Partition Manager. Or any partition manager that boots off a disk or flash drive.

You will have to delete the partition on the new drive, then put both drives back in to the PC and then boot to the Partition Manager. Then you use the function that copies the whole DRIVE, not just one partition. See, if you only copy the Windows Partition, it will not boot, because you also have to have the small partition (100mb or so) that precedes it on the disk.

You can also use Mini Tool partition Wizard from Within Windows. Boot to your original drive, then download MiniHome Partition Wizard (free- Google it). Then pull that up, and tell it to copy the whole old drive to the whole new drive, make sure the new drive is unformatted.

It will start then it will force a reboot, just let it go and it will start the copy during the next boot. Keep your eye on it, it will take several hours. Don't let it complete the boot, shut off the PC after it finishes. Then pull out the old drive and put the new drive in it's place, and it will boot to the copied drive.

XweAponX, Jan 1, 2016
Thema:

Hard Drive Locked

1. Hard Drive Locked - Similar Threads - Hard Drive Locked

2. My hard drive is locked with bitlocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My hard drive is locked with bitlocker: As soon as I connected my Seagate hard drive to my laptop, the drive got encrypted with Bitlocker and I don't have a recovery key. I tried to reach out to Seagate and they told me it is done by your operating system contact Microsoft for the resolution.I am kind of stranded...
  3. My hard drive is locked with bitocker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My hard drive is locked with bitocker: As soon as I connected my Seagate hard drive to my laptop, the drive got encrypted with Bitlocker and I don't have a recovery key. I tried to reach out to Seagate and they told me it is done by your operating system contact Microsoft for the resolution.I am kind of stranded...
  4. Hard Drive Corrupt or Damaged + Locked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard Drive Corrupt or Damaged + Locked: Summary: my previous Windows 11 drive ADATA SSD "crashed". I was not able to restore or recover Windows on that drive. I bought a new drive Samsung SSD and installed Windows on it. I want to access my Documents on ADATA SSD. But the drive is locked.It seems that the drive is...
  5. hard drive is locked

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    hard drive is locked: After the last win update my hard drive with the operating system is locked. How can I unlock the hard drive? I've tried in Command Prompt. It didn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-is-locked/fdb8b2a1-fd87-4b1e-b499-3fe365d30e4b
  6. Lock Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lock Hard Drive: Hello fellow redditors. My laptop has a 32GB SSD and 500GB Hard Drive. I've installed windows on the SSD and now I want to lock in order to not install anything else on it and allow only Windows stuff to go in it. Thanks. submitted by /u/galaxytl [link] [comments]...
  7. System locked external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System locked external hard drive: Hello, I locked the Pictures folder on my external hard drive using Windows (drive X for this purpose). I believe I used the Security tab on the folder and SYSTEM locked it...basically making it so that if that drive X was not connected to my PC, that folder was...
  8. Regarding to lock my hard drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Regarding to lock my hard drive: I have licensed windows 10 home OS. How can I lock my hard drives ? My laptop does not have bitlocker software https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/regarding-to-lock-my-hard-drive/cff8e274-acaf-4262-892c-a8764bbad280"
  9. external hard drive is locked

in Windows 10 Customization
    external hard drive is locked: I add an external hard drive, Seagate Expansion Drive. I moved my Libraries, including my iTunes library and all the files, from my internal hard drive (c://). I now have several problems. A network path to this drive, appears to go through another external drive. E:...
  10. Hard drive gets locked.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive gets locked.: "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart" This is the message I got when windows 10 stopped working.. From that it said my computer has an unrepairable problem we will collect the information and restart it for you. It never did restart, so I tried with the...