Windows 10: hard drive making weird repeating beeping whine ?

Discus and support hard drive making weird repeating beeping whine ? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; so ive previously made a thread talking about my hard drive issues im currently having. so ive been at it all da backing up everything that i can.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DiBBz, Dec 20, 2016.

1. DiBBz Win User

hard drive making weird repeating beeping whine ?

so ive previously made a thread talking about my hard drive issues im currently having.

so ive been at it all da backing up everything that i can. and while i was asleep for a couple hours i came back to hear either the hard drive or the motherboard. listening not all that great to distinguish where exactly its coming from

but i suspect the hard drive. its repeatable every id say minute to 2 or sometimes even 5 mins making a somewhat quiet beeping whine. if that makes sense

Video:
    HDD issues - YouTube

but question is will the HDD survive another day ?

still not backed up everything let alone ordered a replacement.

-Update-

its sporadic it seems!

:)

DiBBz, Dec 20, 2016

2. [RESOLVED] Windows 10: Volume Control Triggers Screen To Flash and Speakers To Beep (BUG)

Yes, that's the same beep that mine makes. The beep is tolerable, the repeated screen flashing is not

MickeyT2008, Dec 20, 2016
  3. Help Windows 10 is making weird beeping noise in a song rhythm on both of my computers at the exact same time?

nevermind i figured out was giving me the beeping noise, thank for the help =D

Mikethecreator, Dec 20, 2016
  4. Wullail Win User

Sounds like the bearings are slowly going....it SHOULD last a little while longer , I've had older drives make loud squeeling sounds for days just before they fail, but it's definitely on it's way out.

Wullail, Dec 20, 2016
  5. DiBBz Win User
    yeah figured as much. well considering this is the second problem thats now happening with the drive i just ordered a new one.

lets hope amazon package the HDD correctly otherwise its going to be even more of a pain to handle!

DiBBz, Dec 20, 2016
  6. Plankton Win User
    Go with a SSD.....no moving parts.

Plankton, Dec 20, 2016
  7. Asuza Win User
    Eventually, all HDD's will "fail" in one way or another.

Make sure that your data is backed up, because I'm giving this HDD a maximum lifespan of 1 more week, depending on how much time the computer is active.

These symptoms sound like a bearing or motor failure.

My condolances.

PS: Don't buy a HDD ever again unless you are looking from a Datacenter / NAS perspective. SSD is the way to go for your personal computer.

Asuza, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. hard drive making weird repeating beeping whine ? - Similar Threads - hard drive making

2. Trackpad makes a beep sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trackpad makes a beep sound: Hey people. I'm having this problem recently and this is starting to annoy me, but my DELL Inspiron 11 3168 makes a random beep sound randomly when i use the trackpad, i have all my drivers up to date, including the trackpad, i don't know what is causing this random beep, but...
  3. Weird PSU buzzing noises and coil whine noises

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird PSU buzzing noises and coil whine noises: I just got a new Super Flower Leadex III Gold PSU today, and it’s making this extremely loud noise. This is what it sounds like: https://www.mediafire.com/file/as7bv0092ghwpod/IMG_4014.MOV/file It seems it goes away if the fan stops spinning. Is it probably just coil whine...
  4. Weird PSU buzzing noises and coil whine noises

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird PSU buzzing noises and coil whine noises: I just got a new Super Flower Leadex III Gold PSU today, and it’s making this extremely loud noise. This is what it sounds like: https://www.mediafire.com/file/as7bv0092ghwpod/IMG_4014.MOV/file It seems it goes away if the fan stops spinning. Is it probably just coil whine...
  5. Weird PSU buzzing noises and coil whine noises

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Laptop making beeping noise

Laptop making beeping noise: So I was using the draw function with a drawing tablet in word to do my homework, but every time I use this function, the laptop starts to make beeping noises as my cursor moves and all the buttons stop working. This keeps happening even I restart the laptop. I'm a person who...
  7. Weird beeping

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird beeping: Hey people, so, I was playing payday 2 and listening to some youtube videos and after the video ended I pressed the windows key to exit the game and switch videos, but for some reason my pc made a weird beep when I pressed the key, anyone know why? And weirdly enough I...
  8. Weird computer softlock and beeping

Weird computer softlock and beeping: OK, so this may take a while to read, sorry! I'm on a HP Pavilion 360 degree Convertible with Intel Core i3, plugged in, in tablet mode (and flipped), and connected via USB to a Logitech M171 Wireless Mouse, if that helps. The computer had just booted up from an update,...
  9. Hard drive beeps at shutdown

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive beeps at shutdown: I have a Seagate 3TB hard drive that puts out a single short beep just before my system shuts down. I believe It's coming from the HDD itself because even when I disconnect my motherboard's internal speaker I get the beep, and it sounds like it's coming from the HDD itself. I...
  10. Windows causes weird "beeping" noise

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows causes weird "beeping" noise: Hi, since I have installed Windows 10, I noticed weird "beeping" noise. It's not classic beeping sound you can hear, when there is something wrong. It's not even coming from speakers. It's like mechanical, not sure how to call it. I was using Ubuntu before and I'm pretty...