Windows 10: Hard drive reformatting from windows 7 to 10

Discus and support Hard drive reformatting from windows 7 to 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a 750 GB external hard drive with many files on it which has worked fine on windows 7. I am currently on a computer which runs windows 10 and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KimMcaulay, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Hard drive reformatting from windows 7 to 10

I have a 750 GB external hard drive with many files on it which has worked fine on windows 7. I am currently on a computer which runs windows 10 and requests formatting for it to open files, with a warning that if I format all data could be lost. Thanks for your assitance

:)

KimMcaulay, Aug 27, 2018

2. Reformatting my hard drive

I upgraded my operating system from windows 8.1 to windows 10 about a month ago. I bought a new computer and want to reformat the hard drive and give the old computer to a family member. My question is when I reformat the hard drive, will I have windows
    8.1 or windows 10 as the operating system on the computer once it is reformatted?

TD from MA, Aug 28, 2018
  3. reformat a hard drive n windows 10?

how do you reformat a hard drive in windows 10?

FatherRobin, Aug 28, 2018
  4. Hard drive reformatting from windows 7 to 10

Reformat Hard Drive and Reinstall Windows

Where can I find the digital activation code so I can reformat my hard drive and reinstall windows? Or, do I have to switch to Linux after I reformat the hard drive?

thephillylawyer, Aug 28, 2018
Thema:

Hard drive reformatting from windows 7 to 10

1. Hard drive reformatting from windows 7 to 10 - Similar Threads - Hard drive reformatting

2. Accidently reformatted hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidently reformatted hard drive: How can I re-install Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accidently-reformatted-hard-drive/6ec8bc4d-6d70-43e8-8689-d1688888aa80
  3. Accidently reformatted hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidently reformatted hard drive: How can I re-install Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accidently-reformatted-hard-drive/6ec8bc4d-6d70-43e8-8689-d1688888aa80
  4. Accidently reformatted hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Reformatting A Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Reformatting A Hard Drive: I have an issue with a hard driveIt needs do be reformatted buy its on read only but but I cant set it to read only thehard drive was used so i tried to change the setting of security. It greyed out...
  6. Reformatting Hard Drive and Re-installing Windows 10

Reformatting Hard Drive and Re-installing Windows 10: My system was running really slow and I figured I had some spyware or malware dragging it. I reinstalled Windows 10 using the option to delete all files. After the re44install I'm having the same problem. On previous systems I have deleted the C: partition in DOS, then...
  7. reformatting my hard drive

reformatting my hard drive: Previous old answers to this question did not answer how to format and wipe a hard drive in order to completely reload a PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reformatting-my-hard-drive/92a215f1-7444-4a89-bca4-e11b8146e1b8
  8. Windows won't recognize reformatted hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows won't recognize reformatted hard drive: I recently cloned by hard drive onto an SSD which is now my C: drive. I then started the Windows installation process in order to reformat my hard drive. But now when I connect both the hard drive and the SSD to the motherboard my PC always tries to boot up from the hard...
  9. Reformatting external hard drive for windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reformatting external hard drive for windows 10: I'm being told to reformat my external hard drive to be compatible with windows 10....how do I do it without losing my files on the external hard drive...
  10. Reformatting Hard Drives.

Reformatting Hard Drives.: I am in the process of backing up my entire PC to an external hard drive including a system image. After backing up I want to reformat my existing internal hard drive that contains the windows 10 operating system. My question is: Can I reinstall windows 10 after I have...