Windows 10: Hard Drive Showing Error And Not Showing Up In Explorer

Discus and support Hard Drive Showing Error And Not Showing Up In Explorer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I was updating my graphics driver and had to restart the pc. When it started booting back up it took like 10 minutes to get to the windows login... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by unreliable, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Hard Drive Showing Error And Not Showing Up In Explorer

I was updating my graphics driver and had to restart the pc. When it started booting back up it took like 10 minutes to get to the windows login screen. Then I noticed that some of my program icons were missing. So when trying to figure out why I noticed my harddrive was missing in explorer. When I go to Disk Management this is what I see Screenshot. Disk 1 is a mechanical drive that was working fine before updating my graphics driver. Right Clicking on it gives me these options ( Convert To Basic Disk, Reactivate, Offline) I tried to reactivate but nothing happens.

Anyone got any ideas how to fix this error or repair the drive? I can't repair it with chkdsk cause the volume isn't showing up for it.

This is what the properties of the drive says if it helps Screenshot

:)

unreliable, Aug 1, 2017

2. Hard drive showing up in disk management but not in file explorer

here is a screenshot of it Disk 0 is my SSD and disk 1 is the hard drive that isn't showing up in windows file explorer

Hard Drive Showing Error And Not Showing Up In Explorer [​IMG]

Jake Kogut, Aug 1, 2017
  3. Hard drive showing up in disk management but not in file explorer

So I just finished building my new computer and I put a 2 tb firecuda sshd in it. I boute windows fine on my ssd and my hard drive showed up in the BIOS but it didn't show up in file explorer. I went to disk management and formatted it to be a basic drive
    but it's still not showing up in file explorer.

Jake Kogut, Aug 1, 2017
  4. CountMike New Member

Hard Drive Showing Error And Not Showing Up In Explorer

Hi. For starters, that first partition (D) shouldn't have a letter at all. It's a system, boot partition and with a letter to it some programs or even you can mistakenly use it.
    Disk 1 does have a problem but drivers are installed to C: partition and nowhere else (part of the system) so it's not probable that driver is the cause of it obliviously failing. If you know it's make and model you could download and use a program for it's manufacturer to check it: One from here: Download Hard Disk Drive (HDD) Tools Tools for Windows - MajorGeeks or from it's manufacturer's site. Until you know it's real physical shape you will not be able to troubleshoot it properly.

CountMike, Aug 1, 2017
  5. essenbe Win User
    Mike, I know D says System Reserved, but the C partition is carrying the System tag. It would be helpful if we knew the system specs as D could be some kind of OEM partition

essenbe, Aug 1, 2017
  6. CountMike New Member
    It shouldn't have a letter either way but I doubt that's the problem with second drive.
    I just though about another (although remote) possibility. If Op has all AMD system including an AMD GPU, it's drivers come with partly chipset drivers and that may, just may have changed something with second drive being properly recognized.

CountMike, Aug 1, 2017
  7. spunk Win User
    The System Reserved Partition (ie) D: should not have a drive letter, though this is not the problem, you should right click that partition in Disk Management, and choose Change Drive Letter or Paths and change the drive letter to None.

As for Disk1 it looks like this was converted to a GPT disc and something failed in the process.
    Press the Windows key+X and choose Command Prompt (Admin) Here type the following Bold commands pressing Enter after each one.
    i) diskpart
    (ie) DISKPART >
    ii) list disk
    (ie) DISKPART > list disk
    It now lists disk by number
    you have to select the disk next with
    iii) select disk <disk number>
    (ie) DISKPART> Select Disk (disk number) = as listed in previous command. The selected disk now has an Asterisk next to it. iv) clean (this erases all data on the Disk, so be sure you choose the correct one)
    (ie) DISKPART> clean
    v) convert gpt
    vi) create partition primary
    vii) format fs=ntfs quick
    now for verification of disk status and free space type
    v) list disk
    the status should be "online" and free space should be "disk size"
    ‘vi)exit

spunk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Hard Drive Showing Error And Not Showing Up In Explorer

1. Hard Drive Showing Error And Not Showing Up In Explorer - Similar Threads - Hard Drive Showing

2. Hard drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive not showing up: After cleaning my pc, my computer has been facing a lot of hard drive issues. At first my hard drive wasn't showing up in file explorer and disk management, but today it automatically came back. It had a different drive letter and when I opened a file in the drive it woud...
  3. Hard drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive not showing up: After cleaning my pc, my computer has been facing a lot of hard drive issues. At first my hard drive wasn't showing up in file explorer and disk management, but today it automatically came back. It had a different drive letter and when I opened a file in the drive it woud...
  4. Hard drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Hard Drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard Drive not showing up: I have both an SSD and a HDD. When I go to file explorer only the SSD shows up. In the bios both the HDD and the SSD shows up. The HDD doesnt show up in device manager either. How to I get the HDD to start appearing?...
  6. Hard Drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard Drive not showing up: I have both an SSD and a HDD. When I go to file explorer only the SSD shows up. In the bios both the HDD and the SSD shows up. The HDD doesnt show up in device manager either. How to I get the HDD to start appearing?...
  7. external hard drive not showing up in explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    external hard drive not showing up in explorer: my external hard drive has been dropped from a metere hight and when i connect to laptop It is recognized as a device and showing up in device manager but not appearing in windows explorer. In disk manager its showing as Disk 1 and initialize , i tried to initialize but its...
  8. Hard Drive Not Showing Up

Hard Drive Not Showing Up: Hello, I have a hard drive installed, in a computer I just built, it shows up in my Asus bios and everything but it doesn't show up on my computer devices. It is so weird. Can someone help?...
  9. Hard drive not showing up

Hard drive not showing up: While building a computer I was told that installing the OS on a SSD would lead to a faster boot time than if I Installed it on a hard drive So I recently did the only problem is that now windows isn't acknowledging the hard drive in "This PC". I have tried the following...
  10. Internal Hard Drive not showing up in explorer shows up in Disk Mgmt

Internal Hard Drive not showing up in explorer shows up in Disk Mgmt: Hello! My disk was full of useless junk, so I decided to format it. It worked fine until earlier today, where when I booted up my pc, it vanished from explorer. "Odd", I thought. So I went to Disk Mgmt and formatted it again. It shows up as a healthy partition in Disk Mgmt...