Windows 10: Hard Drive Storage Pool (Windows 10)

Discus and support Hard Drive Storage Pool (Windows 10) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I have a storage pool set up on my Windows 10 PC The storage pool is a total of 6.5TB at the moment with 2.7TB of Data on it I'm getting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by verb77, Jan 7, 2016.

1. verb77 Win User

Hard Drive Storage Pool (Windows 10)

Hi
    I have a storage pool set up on my Windows 10 PC

The storage pool is a total of 6.5TB at the moment with 2.7TB of Data on it

I'm getting the Warning "Low Capacity" add another drive

When looking into it, when I set the drives up I set them to "Parity" which is obviously increasing my usage on the drives.

How do I change the Resiliency Type to None.

I'm fine with this as I monitor the drive's for any failure issues on a regular basis

:)

verb77, Jan 7, 2016
  2. rlmosk Win User

Not happy with Storage Pools.

New computer and upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. I created a storage pool using 2 extra hard drives. It worked fine but I was unaware that by creating this pool I would lose the independent use of my files on Drive C. My normal Library files are
    now mirrored with the 2 extra drives I used to create the storage pool. I thought my C Drive (Library-Documents, Pictures, Videos, Music, and Downloads) would stay separate from the storage pool and I could just copy files to my Storage Pool and delete them
    from my C: Drive if I wanted to.

I hope I'm explaining myself sufficiently. In other words, I thought creating a Storage Pool made 2 extra hard drives into one and you could copy files from the C: Drive when you wanted. Also, be able to delete files from the C: Drive in order to not fill
    it up so much. My C: Drive is a 512 GB SS drive. My 2 extra hard drives are 3TB each standard 7200 RPM SATA hard drives.

If this is how this works, I think I would rather have my drives back the way they were. Is there a way to reverse the Storage Pool?

Thanks.

rlmosk, Jan 7, 2016
  3. JayBurch Win User
    New with Storage Space

Hello,

I want to know how to back up a storage pool, if possible on an external hard drive or a network drive? I have a 1 TB external hard drive, but a 5 TB storage pool. So as you might have guessed, I'm very new at this concept. Can anyone tell me how to back
    a pool up in case it gets corrupted?

Sincerely,

Jay Burch

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Security & privacy

JayBurch, Jan 7, 2016
Thema:

Hard Drive Storage Pool (Windows 10)

1. Hard Drive Storage Pool (Windows 10) - Similar Threads - Hard Drive Storage

2. Storage Pool Queries- removal of hard drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage Pool Queries- removal of hard drives: Hi, Due to qty4x5bay Orico external devices, plus qty 6 single bay external drives, I will not have enough Drive Letters available from Windows 11. I am now looking at Storage Spaces, however there seems to be no easy way to remove/stop using a 5bay device as a storage space...
  3. Storage Pool Queries- removal of hard drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Pool Queries- removal of hard drives: Hi, Due to qty4x5bay Orico external devices, plus qty 6 single bay external drives, I will not have enough Drive Letters available from Windows 11. I am now looking at Storage Spaces, however there seems to be no easy way to remove/stop using a 5bay device as a storage pool...
  4. Storage pool failed drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage pool failed drive: Hello everyone,I recently combined two hard drives that I own to a storage pool, one being an internal drive and the other a portable external hard drive I know silly move. The portable drive is now toasted and I've had a professional look at it with it not being saved. I...
  5. Storage pool failed drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage pool failed drive: Hello everyone,I recently combined two hard drives that I own to a storage pool, one being an internal drive and the other a portable external hard drive I know silly move. The portable drive is now toasted and I've had a professional look at it with it not being saved. I...
  6. Storage pool failed drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. How to Add Drives to Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Add Drives to Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Essentially, Storage Spaces stores two copies of your data so if one of your […] This article How to Add Drives to Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Adding a Hard Drive to storage pool

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adding a Hard Drive to storage pool: Trying to add internal hard to storage pool but keep getting error 0x00000005 or "need to close all applications that are open that are connected to that drive. How do I find out what applications need to be closed...
  9. Rename Physical Drive in Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Rename Physical Drive in Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10: How to: Rename Physical Drive in Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10 How to Rename Physical Drive in Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10 [img] Information add more drives to the storage pool. When you add drives to a storage pool, the hardware...
  10. Add Drives to Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Drives to Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10: How to: Add Drives to Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10 How to Add Drives to Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10 [img] Information create virtual drives called storage spaces. These storage spaces typically store two copies of your data so if one...