Windows 10: Hard freeze every few days under minimal load

Discus and support Hard freeze every few days under minimal load in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; PC froze again today, any ideas? Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by buncieboy, Apr 5, 2018.

1. buncieboy Win User

Hard freeze every few days under minimal load

PC froze again today, any ideas?

buncieboy, Apr 5, 2018
  2. buncieboy Win User

I've had loads of issues with this PC which led me to taking it into a professional to fix it. The shop swapped out the motherboard and whilst this stopped my BSODs the PC is still freezing at random times. It has passed all the hardware tests I know as well as all tests at the shop, and it does not crash under stress, just at random times (usually whilst watching youtube).

I have disconnected my headset, webcam, 2nd and 3rd monitors as well as swapped out the keyboard and mouse and the PC is still freezing.

I am not overclocking and I did a clean install of Win10 a couple of weeks before it went into the shop.

Any ideas where I can go from here?

P.s I wasn't sure whether to do a log collector as this isn't a BSOD, happy to do one if needed.

:)

buncieboy, Apr 22, 2018
  3. Freezing after upgrade to windows 10

I have upgraded to Windows 10 on the free upgrade from Windows 7. Every few days my computer totally freezes that I cannot do anything. The first time I had to remove the battery to get the computer on again. Now it freezes every 2nd day and I have to
    hard reset my laptop which is not good.

MarynaWheller, Apr 22, 2018
  4. 2bad---01 Win User

Vodafone N97 Update 20.0.19 is up.............AND KILLING PHONES

@wharrior

I'm glad that worked for you too . It doesn't solve the problem, but it does save having to rebuild your phone after a hard reset every time it freezes.

I've only had this problem since V20. I change over to a fully charged battery every few days, and when I restart the phon,, that's when it freezes. It has never done this before.

2bad---01, Apr 22, 2018
  5. swarfega Win User
    You could try things like defrag and disk cleaner. Do you run any maintenance programs at all.

Also I would strongly encourage you to consider getting an SSD, they really do massively improve performance.

swarfega, Apr 22, 2018
  6. buncieboy Win User
    I run defrag daily and will run disk cleanup again. What programs do you mean? I haven't installed many programs since the reinstall as I am trying to keep it as lightweight as possible.

I'm considering getting one, just waiting for the PC to be stable first!

buncieboy, Apr 22, 2018
  7. swarfega Win User
    I was thinking of ones like ccleaner or Wise Disk Cleaner.

swarfega, Apr 22, 2018
  8. buncieboy Win User

I had ccleaner before reinstall, happy to give it a go again if you think it will help?

buncieboy, Apr 22, 2018
  9. swarfega Win User
    Possibly, you need to go through the options on ccleaner and disable any ones you want to keep.

swarfega, Apr 22, 2018
  10. buncieboy Win User
    Ok Ill give it a shot, is there anything else we can try through as the issue happened within hours of reinstalling, so I struggle to see ccleaner helping.

buncieboy, Apr 22, 2018
Thema:

1. Hard freeze every few days under minimal load - Similar Threads - Hard freeze every

2. My hard drive gets full periodically every few days

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My hard drive gets full periodically every few days: I have an SSD hard drive of about 256GB. I try to keep about 20GB free.However, every few days Windows says I ran out of storage. I then restart my PC, and the drive returns to being 20GB free.Why does it happen? Is there anything I can do to restart the computer less?...
  3. My hard drive gets full periodically every few days

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My hard drive gets full periodically every few days: I have an SSD hard drive of about 256GB. I try to keep about 20GB free.However, every few days Windows says I ran out of storage. I then restart my PC, and the drive returns to being 20GB free.Why does it happen? Is there anything I can do to restart the computer less?...
  4. My hard drive gets full periodically every few days

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Random BSODs every few days

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSODs every few days: For the past few months I've been random BSODs for seemingly no reason, the computer isn't being stressed or doing anything 'unique' at the time it happens, the BSOD errors include : 01/06/23 : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA01/03/23 : Memory Management : WARNING: Unable to...
  6. Random BSODs every few days

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSODs every few days: For the past few months I've been random BSODs for seemingly no reason, the computer isn't being stressed or doing anything 'unique' at the time it happens, the BSOD errors include : 01/06/23 : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA01/03/23 : Memory Management : WARNING: Unable to...
  7. Random freezing every few hours or days, requires hard reset.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random freezing every few hours or days, requires hard reset.: Nothing of note in the Event Log. OS is fully updated (this has been happening for a while). BIOS memory check ok. Chkdsk okay. This is an HP desktop purchased in 2018. I even took it into my local shop, and they are scratching their heads. HP refuses to troubleshoot...
  8. Getting BSODs Every Few Days

Getting BSODs Every Few Days: Hi, For the past 6 months I have been getting the odd BSOD on Windows 10. I've updated all drivers I could think of and have run MemTest several times even overnight but my memory always passes with no errors. My hardware: CPU: Ryzen 3700X Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus...
  9. Freezing Under Load

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Freezing Under Load: Hello, I have a custom built windows 10 gaming pc. My pc is “freezing” under load. However, I am still able access the start menu. All drivers are up to date. Specs: OS: Windows 10 1909 MB: MSI B350 Tomahawk Ram: 16GB DDR4 CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600x (not overclocked) GPU: Nvidia...
  10. BSODs Every Few Days

BSODs Every Few Days: Hello, I recently upgraded my PC with new mobo/gpu/cpu/ram, and have been having BSODs on and off since. They have only happened when I was away from the computer, so I didn't realize they were happening until one occurred while my wife was using Autodesk Revit. She has...