Windows 10: Harddisk is dead but also not dead, help me understand what is going o

Discus and support Harddisk is dead but also not dead, help me understand what is going o in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently kind off broke my 5 year old st2000dm001-1ch164 HDD by force shutting down my PC using the power button many many times. After i did that i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by michalodzien, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Harddisk is dead but also not dead, help me understand what is going o

I recently kind off broke my 5 year old st2000dm001-1ch164 HDD by force shutting down my PC using the power button many many times. After i did that i had to reinstall windows on a new drive as i couldn't boot windows in my HDD. Anyways, the funny thing is that a quarter of the disk is still working while the rest of it is just unallocated space which i can do nothing with.

Harddisk is dead but also not dead, help me understand what is going o [​IMG]

Screenshot - f665d5f0a0f93ba00bd5edc14b08997b - Gyazo

Also as you can see it says that the disks are at risk but i don't know how to check what it means.

I tried using MiniTool Partition to mingle with the drive but it just said that the drive was dead or something along those lines.

Harddisk is dead but also not dead, help me understand what is going o [​IMG]

Screenshot - 835cace440625d41c8e11ce70b7a25cc - Gyazo

As you can see the drives are still there, I've formatted them since than because i plan on using them for something else now.

I want to know whether i can actually use those drives i got left without any problems, and whether i can get that unallocated space to work somehow.

I am a newbie to drives so please have patience with me.
    I would really appreciate any help or anything that will help me understand this. Thanks *Smile

:)

michalodzien, Jun 26, 2017

2. Help Me Out

Did you mean your 6600 dead?

where did you save that folder?

please expalin issue again. can't understand :O

milesh---01, Jun 26, 2017
  3. 970946 Win User
    My Nokia C3 Is Dead :O

Just flash it with a leatest v.

970946, Jun 26, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Harddisk is dead but also not dead, help me understand what is going o

It cant be trusted even if you get it working. If the boot area is damaged its game over if its sectors in the middle of the disk the rest may be ok but once they atart failing it will get worse. Best bet is go to makers site and they normally have a test specific to their drive see what that says

Samuria, Jun 26, 2017
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    Well, the first problem is that it is a dynamic disk. In MiniTool Partition Wizard I would right click on the drive itself (right where it says disk 0), delete all partitions. Then you should be able to right click on the drive itself again and select something like initialize as GPT drive/disk. Then you should be able to create partitions on it. Assuming the drive is not physically damaged.

Minitool Partition Wizard also has a surface scan you can run on it.

NavyLCDR, Jun 26, 2017
  6. jumanji Win User
    Hi michalodzien,

Try this:

In Windows Disk Management, right click on the Disk with the yellow exclamation mark (where it says "Dynamic ,1863.02 GB, Errors") and click on "Reactivate Disk" The disk should then turn "online" and the volumes that show as "Healthy (At Risk)" should turn Healthy.

If that happens, then you can delete all the partitions to make the whole disk unallocated and then format it.

If it does not happen and the volumes still remain Healthy (At Risk), your disk may be failing.(I/O errors due to bad sectors). Check the disk with the manufacturer's Diagnostic/Repair utility.

( I may also think that the absence of the other spanned volume is causing this error. Why is it Dynamic? Where is the other spanned disk? You should have turned the disk to Basic before separating the pair.)

jumanji, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Harddisk is dead but also not dead, help me understand what is going o

1. Harddisk is dead but also not dead, help me understand what is going o - Similar Threads - Harddisk dead dead

2. Screen is dead what to do??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen is dead what to do??: Yesterday, I got the blue screen of death indicating that my pci.sys has failed now the next morning when I try to boot up my laptop, I can hear my system boot up but the screen has blacked out, it does not display any anything I tried to restart my graphic drivers by the...
  3. Screen is dead what to do??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen is dead what to do??: Yesterday, I got the blue screen of death indicating that my pci.sys has failed now the next morning when I try to boot up my laptop, I can hear my system boot up but the screen has blacked out, it does not display any anything I tried to restart my graphic drivers by the...
  4. Help me taskbar is dead

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help me taskbar is dead: So it was an ordinary day I just turned on my laptop to see that my taskbar is gone and so is my battery icon and it doesn’t respond when I try to open the start menu or search to find apps also it’s extremely slow for some reason and no the only programs I have are...
  5. Link to Windows is DEAD. Help.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Link to Windows is DEAD. Help.: PC: Lenovo 330s on Windows 10 20H2 Phone: Galaxy S10+ It started with the phone not being able to sync. I literally tried everything. restarting both devices, making sure date/time was right, disabling metered connection on both devices, allowing notification access,...
  6. External speakers going dead again!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External speakers going dead again!: The last time I downloaded a graphics driver update, Nvidia GeForce 451.67 for my Windows 10, 64 bit computer, my external speakers went dead and the only sound I had was from the computer itself. A friend who does beta testing for Microsoft said to download and install...
  7. Dead PC Help Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dead PC Help Update: I just recently upgraded my PC. I installed Windows 10 via a usb media, and it works for the first few hours. After installing drivers and getting everything set up, I start getting application crashes, and BSOD. The issue is that every single stop code is different. I’ve...
  8. Dead PC Help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dead PC Help: I just recently upgraded my PC. I installed Windows 10 via a usb media, and it works for the first few hours. After installing drivers and getting everything set up, I start getting application crashes, and BSOD. The issue is that every single stop code is different. I’ve...
  9. Mouse seemed to go dead

Mouse seemed to go dead: Windows 10 Home I got on my computer this morning and my mouse wouldn't do a thing. I use one of those small, wireless Logitech mice. I change battery, wiped it off with alcohol and changed battery again. I forced a shutdown, unplugged my computer and then hit the start...
  10. Dead Ethernet...... what was wrong with it?

Dead Ethernet...... what was wrong with it?: Dead Ethernet...... what was wrong with it? I had the strangest thing that happened to me. I uninstalled the drivers for on motherboard's Ethernet and this happened. I had to troubleshoot, check cables, reinstalled the latest drivers and cleared the cmos. It appeared the...