Windows 10: Hardware change after 29th July

Discus and support Hardware change after 29th July in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all I wonder what will happen if a major component like a motherboard is changed after 29th July, will Microsoft accept it or will we have to buy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Philgo, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Philgo Win User

Hardware change after 29th July

Hi all

I wonder what will happen if a major component like a motherboard is changed after 29th July, will Microsoft accept it or will we have to buy a key. Many people have got away with hardware changes on OEM licenses in the past with earlier versions of Windows.

:)

Philgo, Jul 27, 2016

2. Newly upgraded Windows 10 system won't recognize Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 3000 (USB).

Hi,

You will be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free only if you have not made any hardware changes on the computer.

Since Windows 10 is already activated once on your current computer, the free upgrade to Windows 10 can be done any time after July 29th only if no hardware changes are made. If you make any hardware changes on the computer such as changing
    motherboard or CPU, you will have to do it by July 29th and activate Windows 10 copy to get Anniversary update on the computer.

Write to us for further assistance on any Windows related query, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jul 27, 2016
  3. Windows 10 free upgrade, ISO file. Reformatting hard drive.

Okay. I guess I misunderstood. I thought the release was June 29th. I googled it again and see that it's July 29th. I will look for the ISO after July 29th and take it from there.

Thank you!

BrandonCluff, Jul 27, 2016
  4. Cliff S New Member

Cliff S, Jul 27, 2016
  5. Philgo Win User
    Philgo, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Hardware change after 29th July - Similar Threads - Hardware change 29th

2. I did not authorize a purchase. July 29th 2023

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I did not authorize a purchase. July 29th 2023: I did not purchase Publisher. I never sent that request for the product and it says it has been redeemed. How can I refund this purchase and get my money back? I am a college student who needs every last cent.Order number 9531093973I also obtained spam emails on the email...
  3. I did not authorize a purchase. July 29th 2023

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I did not authorize a purchase. July 29th 2023: I did not purchase Publisher. I never sent that request for the product and it says it has been redeemed. How can I refund this purchase and get my money back? I am a college student who needs every last cent.Order number 9531093973I also obtained spam emails on the email...
  4. I did not authorize a purchase. July 29th 2023

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Hardware Change And Windows 10 Activation After July 29

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hardware Change And Windows 10 Activation After July 29: Hello everyone, I have a little question that might be answered before, but I searched in the forums and couldn't it. So sorry if it's already been answered somewhere. I've upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, from Win 8.1 Pro (retail) at the very first day. Few days after that,...
  6. Can I get Win10 for free after July 29th this year?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I get Win10 for free after July 29th this year?: I already know about the trick where you update then revert, and the computer you updated on will be able to upgrade again for free after July 29th, but what if I won't have the computer I want to upgrade until after this date? I'm getting a MacBook Air in August. I like...
  7. July 29th not June 29th

in Windows 10 Support
    July 29th not June 29th: I was getting so excited for windows 10 on the 29th June....and then I realised it's July not June lol! Silly me, I must have read it wrong. And there I was looking forward to installing it tomorrow! I even bought myself a new SSD and cloned my W8.1 over! This is how I...
  8. Reinstalling W10 after 29th of July

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstalling W10 after 29th of July: Hello, I have a question : after the free upgrade period expires, how do I reinstall Windows 10 if I have it installed now? For instance, I want to reinstall it to do a Clean Up of my computer, or I am upgrading/migrating to another system (hardware) etc. 57651
  9. July 29th -> If I upgrade now, will it still be free?

July 29th -> If I upgrade now, will it still be free?: Hello everyone, Sorry if this question is stupid. But if I upgrade today will it still be free? According to some websites the price goes up on the 30th, but microsoft itself seems to state very strongly that the price goes up on the 29th. If I update now will I have to...
  10. Windows 10 Install after the 29th July

Windows 10 Install after the 29th July: Hi, As long as you follow the steps on the enclosed link will to get the ticket will this work for a free upgrade after the 29th July ? Clean Install Windows 10 Directly without having to Upgrade First - Windows 10 Forums Thanks, 54270