Windows 10: Hardware connection advice

Discus and support Hardware connection advice in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello I would be grateful for advice on the best way to set up my laptop, docking station, hub, screen, mouse, keyboard, UPS battery unit, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Lizzy, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Lizzy Win User

Hardware connection advice

Hello
    I would be grateful for advice on the best way to set up my laptop, docking station, hub, screen, mouse, keyboard, UPS battery unit, and external hard drive? I find if I connect my Touro external drive to the docking station USB 3 port it is not always recognised or if it is it makes a noise and it doesn’t show up when I try to eject safely. It works perfectly when connected directly to the laptop, which takes up the USB 3.0 port on the laptop. The docking station hasn’t been performing well since upgrading to Windows 10. My printer and router are connected via wifi
    ASUS Zenbook UX31E :
    1 USB 3, 1 USB 2,
    1 micro HDMI (with adapter)
    1 mini VGA (with adapter)
    ASUS USB3.0 HZ-2 Docking Station:
    1 x MIC in port
    1 x Audio out port
    4 x USB 3.0 port
    1 x DVI-I port
    1 x Standard HDMI port
    1 x 10/100/1000M LAN port
    1 x DC-in jack
    Mobility Lab Hub:
    4 x USB3.0 ports
    Touro 1TB/To external hard drive
    MS Arch Touch Mouse (via USB port)
    External Screen: Samsung SyncMaster 2023nw
    External Dell Keyboard
    EATON Ellipse Max UPS Battery pack

At the moment I have the mouse in the USB 2 port on the laptop and the hub in the USB 3 port.
    The docking station “host” port is connected to the hub USB3
    The screen is connected to the docking station
    The keyboard is plugged into a USB2 port on the docking station
    The UPS battery is plugged into the other USB 2 port on docking station
    Which is fine until I have to connect the Touro or backup thumb drive which work better when connected directly to the laptop.
    Any suggestions?
    Many thanks

:)

Lizzy, Jul 13, 2016

2. Nokia 6300 problem

When i connect to the head set it is not recognising the hardware and some times phone hangs with message 'sending a message' .. can any one advice ????

dhinesh---01, Jul 13, 2016
  3. areaseven Win User
    A device attached to the system is not functioning

Thanks for the advice. There are no yellow question marks in Device Manager. However, I have an "MT65xx Preloader" device with the following device status:

Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)

To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer.

areaseven, Jul 13, 2016
  4. Hardware connection advice

Lizzy, is the USB hub self powered ?
    By this I mean does it have its own power supply which you must plug into the wall.

Is the Docking station self powered in the same way ?
    If it is, do you have the power supply ?
    Is ths the docking station ?
    Access Denied

Is this the correct manual for your lappy ?
    Right Side - Asus U46E User Manual [Page 19]

COMPUTIAC Guest, Jul 14, 2016
  5. Lizzy Win User
    Hi,
    That's not the correct manual. Mine is 13.3" Zenbook UX31E
    The manual can be found here
    Asus ASUS ZENBOOK UX31E | User Manual

The hub is self powered but to be honest I don't think it's top of the range but was the only one in the shop.

That is my docking station and it's not self powered but there is a DCIN jack port, but didn't come with a cable.

Lizzy, Jul 14, 2016
  6. Lizzy Win User
    I just looked at docking station box and it did come with a cable, but I have no idea where it is*Confused
    I'll have to search for it!!
    Sorry about that!

Lizzy, Jul 14, 2016
  7. OK, to be clear we are both talking about a power adapter for the docking station, correct ?

8. Lizzy Win User

Yes, found and plugged in!

Lizzy, Jul 14, 2016
  9. Great, please try things on the lappy and see if it performs better now.
    Maybe even try a restart.

10. Look in Device manager for the docking station, find the Driver tab.
    Post a pic of the driver info.

11. f14tomcat Win User
    The docking station has power plug? *Thumbs

f14tomcat, Jul 14, 2016
  12. Lizzy Win User
    Touro is working soundlessly*Thumbs

Can't find the docking station. Which one is it? It's connected at the moment via the hub.
    Hardware connection advice [​IMG]

Lizzy, Jul 14, 2016
  13. Lizzy Win User

Yes it was plugged into the power but had been pulled out of the docking station*Redface Cable too short!

Lizzy, Jul 14, 2016
  14. Connect the docking station directly to the lappy to see if it shows up in Device manager.

15. f14tomcat Win User
    According to your Speccy data, it's probably the USB Input Device...

Generic USB Hub
    Realtek USB 2.0 Card Reader
    USB Composite Device
    USB 2.0 UVC 0.3M Webcam
    Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Detection Driver (USB)
    Microsoft Hardware USB Keyboard
    Wireless Keyboard Filter Device
    Wireless Device
    Microsoft Hardware USB Mouse
    HID-compliant consumer control device
    Microsoft USB Dual Receiver Wireless Mouse (Mouse and Keyboard Center)
    USB Input Device
    HID-compliant system controller
    HID-compliant vendor-defined device

f14tomcat, Jul 14, 2016
Thema:

1. Hardware connection advice - Similar Threads - Hardware connection advice

2. Bluetooth Hardware not connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Hardware not connected: I was using a bluetooth speaker with my PC and everything was fine.Few minutes after using it, when I tried to turn on the sound again, I realized that the bluetooth-icon was missing everywhere and I couldn't reconnect to the speaker.When I checked the hidden drivers, the...
  3. Bluetooth Hardware not connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Hardware not connected: I was using a bluetooth speaker with my PC and everything was fine.Few minutes after using it, when I tried to turn on the sound again, I realized that the bluetooth-icon was missing everywhere and I couldn't reconnect to the speaker.When I checked the hidden drivers, the...
  4. Hardware connection sounding constantly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hardware connection sounding constantly: Hello, for the last two days I have the hardware connection noise sounding every 90 seconds driving me nuts.I have pulled out every USB and put back in.There were three issues that happened around the the same time the noise started:1, One of my monitors started going flaky...
  5. My Phone Explorer connecting advice

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Phone Explorer connecting advice: Now that at long last I have got YourPhone working (still not everything) I am not all that impressed with it, so far, though I understand more development is planned. I have decided to try the Your Phone Explorer alternative but am having great difficulty with getting it to...
  6. My Phone Explorer connecting advice

in Windows 10 Support
    My Phone Explorer connecting advice: Now that at long last I have got YourPhone working (still not everything) I am not all that impressed with it, so far, though I understand more development is planned. I have decided to try the Your Phone Explorer alternative but am having great difficulty with getting it to...
  7. Advice ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Advice ?: I just want to start by saying I dont know much about computers at all. I just got an oculus rift s. When i plug it in it quickly recognizes it as being plugged into the usb 3 port, and then cuts all power to it. The driver (i think) is giving an error 43 code. The oculus...
  8. advice

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    advice: working from home, and my USB headset is playing up, everyone can hear me via my mic but no sounds coming through headphone, only option is to play it through the computer unit. Any ideas or help/ appreciated. ive tried restarting. the speaker option states my usb headset...
  9. Hardware upgrade advice required

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hardware upgrade advice required: My PC has ECS - H61H2-M2 motherboard. It has 8GB DDR3 RAM. The processor is i3-2100 @3.10 GHz. The graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 of 2GB capacity. The power supply is 450W. The motherboard, processor, one stick of 4GB DD3 RAM, power supply were bought in 2011 or 2012....
  10. Problem about RAM & Hardware reserved. Need advice.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Problem about RAM & Hardware reserved. Need advice.: ASUS Laptop with 4 GB RAM (2 slot RAM with each 2 GB) but only 1.6 GB usable & 2.4 GB (Hardware reserved). Even i reinstal this Windows 10 x64, this Hardware reserved still 2.4 GB. What can i do before replace / exchange position slot memory or update BIOS ? I attach my...