Windows 10: Hardware For Windows 10 Test System

Discus and support Hardware For Windows 10 Test System in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I would like to set up a test computer to test Windows 10 Pro on. I'd like to take advantage of virtualization. What is a good motherboard, processor,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BobCochran, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Hardware For Windows 10 Test System

I would like to set up a test computer to test Windows 10 Pro on. I'd like to take advantage of virtualization. What is a good motherboard, processor, and video card for such a test system? I would like to keep costs reasonable, since I have to obtain funding from other sources for this. Yet I would like to make the fullest use of virtualization. What would be a good hardware set up for this?

Thanks

Bob

:)

BobCochran, Jun 10, 2016

2. Changing Motherboard

You already have a Microsoft account since you are using this website.

So you should be able to make a major hardware change:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20530/windows-10-reactivating-after-hardware-change

When checking hardware there are tests that can pinpoint failed hardware.

Other times swaps need to be made.

For example testing the questionable hardware in a working system and testing new hardware in the problematic computer.

So if you are not making progress with the MB swap maybe you need to reevaluate the other hardware and firmware.

questions_, Jun 10, 2016
  3. Is there a way to "sandbox" an OS update? I don't think so.

You'd need two identical systems, one a TEST system that you'd test Windows updates on to verify they work with your particular hardware/software setup. Then if it works ok on the TEST system, update your PRODUCTION system.

Solar-Eclipse, Jun 10, 2016
  4. Rocky Win User

Hardware For Windows 10 Test System

Rocky, Jun 10, 2016
Thema:

Hardware For Windows 10 Test System

1. Hardware For Windows 10 Test System - Similar Threads - Hardware Test System

2. Testing computer for hardware issues?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Testing computer for hardware issues?: I recently ran into an issue where I was unable to boot up Windows on my Dell desktop:- Upon booting, blue screen with white horizontal broken lines- System attempts to reboot- Black screen with windows symbol --> Preparing Automatic repair…...
  3. SAP local system for Individual testing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SAP local system for Individual testing: Hi folks SAP consultants seem to earn oodles of money these days -- if you want to try out a local individual system on your own PC (Free) then there's the SAP trial preview rel 7 SP04 -- complete with the ABAP programming system and technical stuff so you can play with it...
  4. System Tool Testing~~please help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System Tool Testing~~please help: TEST Crack software 2019 ERDAS IMAGINE 2020 v16.6 epoffice v2020 ATP-EMTP v7 forward.net v3.0 2019 FEMtools v5.0 DesignBuilder v6.1.6 -----anwer8#nextmail.ru-----change "#" to "@"----- Anything you need,You can also check below here: ctrl + f----- GuideMia v4.8 AEGIS...
  5. Dell hardware tests

Dell hardware tests: I have an alienware M17 I just took the full Dell hardware test and and found everything was fine except for IntelR UHD Graphics 630. Here are the results under that section of testing. IntelR UHD Graphics 630 GPU Pipeline Data Test Cannot Run IntelR UHD Graphics 630...
  6. IntelR UHD Graphics 630 failing tests on Dell Full Hardware Test

IntelR UHD Graphics 630 failing tests on Dell Full Hardware Test: My Dell XPS 15 9570 was having a bunch of trouble trying to run video games right after a full reset. the reset itself had its own issues I tried to run Warzone at the lowest possible settings and was bouncing between 2 fps and at most 30. I have spent a number of hours...
  7. Windows 10 system image decoupled from hardware

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 system image decoupled from hardware: Hi all, is it possible to create a Windows 10 system image that's decoupled from the computer's hardware, or in other words, that's not hardware specific? I want to backup my laptop in case something happens. While I can do the regular backup and I know that's the most...
  8. Dell XPS Hardware Checkup System Tests Were Not Completed Successfully

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dell XPS Hardware Checkup System Tests Were Not Completed Successfully: Hi Everyone- Hoping to get some help/insight. My laptop (Dell XPS 13 / Version number 18362.657) has been struggling to turn on for sometime. The screen will light up with the Dell logo, however will not move past that point until I manually shut down & restart. I've been...
  9. i need another way to do a hardware test

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i need another way to do a hardware test: before i used to use dell support assistant to test my hardware components. after the windows store messed around with support so i had to uninstall it. i need another way to test my hardware components. i know that i can do a diagnostic test in bios. i need the test to run...
  10. Testing out System Recovery with Bitlocker

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Testing out System Recovery with Bitlocker: Hello, I was originally told that with Bitlocker, unlike other third party encryptions, you can still restore from a recovery point. However, I created a recovery point while logged into the OS and tried to restore it while logged into the OS. The system then rebooted,...