Windows 10: Hardware ID not listed in driver installer

Discus and support Hardware ID not listed in driver installer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello. I have an HP Laptop that has an audio driver with a hardware ID of HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_76E5&SUBSYS_00000100 However, the only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by boombadoomboom, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Hardware ID not listed in driver installer

Hello. I have an HP Laptop that has an audio driver with a hardware ID of

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_76E5&SUBSYS_00000100

However, the only driver available is for windows 8.1 and this driver installer is made for my specific laptop model. The thing is, the hardware ID listed above is NOT included in the inf file of the installer. Well, to be specific, the subsys ID. How is this possible?

attached are the supported hardware IDs for the said installer

:)

boombadoomboom, Nov 11, 2015

2. Not good enough - critical issue: Intel i5 460m 2.53 Ghz CPU, 4Gb DDR3, Nvidia Geforce 310m with 512 MB dedicated memory

In the extracted driver folder its got that hardware ID in the list devices text document... Try updating by extracting it with 7zip and installing via the device manager:

Driver Installation via the Device Manager

Philip Yip, Nov 11, 2015
  3. auggy Win User
    Error code Ndis driver on WIN 10

Go here to get the Hardware IDs :

In the Device Manager double click the wireless adapter > Details, then choose "Hardware Ids" from the drop-down menu under "Property".

What is listed under "Value"?

The presently installed driver (3.0.2.201 ) may not be the latest and based on the Hardware Ids there may be a more recent driver available,

auggy, Nov 11, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

Hardware ID not listed in driver installer

If you look the list carefully, you will see there are several entries with Vendor ID 111D and device ID 76E5 which are the most important. This means that even if the sub system ID is not matched, you could manually force/install the driver for a similar model and work. Extract all the driver files to a folder. If you have WinRAR installed, right-click on the setup and select Open with WinRAR, it's easier than running the setup. Then click on the search icon and type device, click to open Device Manager. Expand the Sound, video and game controllers and right-click on your audio card. Select Update driver, then select the last option. Select again the last option and you should see a Have disk button. Click that and then browse to the folder where you extracted the driver files. After Windows matching the Vendor ID and Device ID, you should see a list of compatible devices. They should be all same, just try the first and proceed to install it. Restart your computer and you should have sound. Any extra application (such as the mixer in Control Panel) will be installed automatically.

According to VEN and DEV, this Google search reveals it to be IDT HD audio driver. I don't think many different drivers are available for this, so your driver should be compatible to your model. Just install it manually as described above, as running the setup may not work.

spapakons, Nov 11, 2015
  5. Hello. Thanks for your reply. I tried to force install the driver but I always get the error saying "A device attached to the system is not functioning"

boombadoomboom, Nov 11, 2015
  6. spapakons Win User
    Then updating the audio driver is not enough. You may have to update the chipset driver first so the other devices are detected properly and install without issues.

spapakons, Nov 11, 2015
  7. Hello. I updated the chipset through Intel download center and still cant install. I tried editing the inf file to include the ID and install it to disable driver check mode and it works but if I turn off my pc or let it sleep for a long time, it won't work anymore. I'm beginning to suspect it's a hardware failure. In my laptop there is a PC Diagnostics UEFI program that when I try to run audio component test, it says that it is not available.

boombadoomboom, Nov 12, 2015
  8. spapakons Win User

Right-click on the device, select Update driver software, then select Browse my computer for driver software. Then select Let me pick from a list of device drivers in my computer. Click the Have disk button and browse to the folder where you extracted the driver files. Select the first device on the list and click next to proceed. Install the driver and then restart. It could work.

spapakons, Nov 12, 2015
  9. boombadoomboom, Nov 13, 2015
  10. spapakons Win User
    Been there, done that, so I share my experience with this forum. Glad to help!

spapakons, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Hardware ID not listed in driver installer - Similar Threads - Hardware listed driver

2. Laptop hardware id

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop hardware id: Hello Microsoft team! well I got a question i been hardware ban from a game on laptop and I was wondering if I can change my laptop hardware id by any chance if yes Ima send my laptop to Best Buy to tell them if they can change my hwid...
  3. Laptop hardware id

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop hardware id: Hello Microsoft team! well I got a question i been hardware ban from a game on laptop and I was wondering if I can change my laptop hardware id by any chance if yes Ima send my laptop to Best Buy to tell them if they can change my hwid...
  4. unknown driver with tap0901 hardware ids

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unknown driver with tap0901 hardware ids: about an hour ago I turned on my pc and everything looked normal but a few seconds after staying on desktop I saw a BSOD with KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED error I waited for a few minutes but complete percentage on screen was not moving so I restarted my pc with the button and...
  5. unknown driver with tap0901 hardware ids

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    unknown driver with tap0901 hardware ids: about an hour ago I turned on my pc and everything looked normal but a few seconds after staying on desktop I saw a BSOD with KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED error I waited for a few minutes but complete percentage on screen was not moving so I restarted my pc with the button and...
  6. unknown driver with tap0901 hardware ids

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Hardware id

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hardware id: I was wondering if there was anyway i can change my hardware id. I have no clue why but i got harware banned from fortnite and wanting to know how to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hardware-id/cd108556-053a-4d3c-a7f0-dca89e1990d7
  8. Change Hardware ID

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Hardware ID: I have software that the company has closed and part of the installation that I need to do has the new hardware ID. It doesn't match the one before upgrading so my user name and key will no longer work. I have documentation showing the original hardware ID and the...
  9. THE FOLLOWING LIST OF HARDWARE ID'S ARE SUPPORTED BY THE INTEL CORE GENERATION GRAPHICS...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    THE FOLLOWING LIST OF HARDWARE ID'S ARE SUPPORTED BY THE INTEL CORE GENERATION GRAPHICS...: The following intel gpu hardware ID 's are supported by new DCH _WHQL driver 25.20.100.6448 ; SYK LAKE %iSKLULTGT1% = iSKLD_w10_DS, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1906 %iSKLULTGT2% = iSKLD_w10_DS, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1916 %iSKLULXGT2% = iSKLD_w10_DS,...
  10. THE FOLLOWING LIST OF HARDWARE ID'S ARE SUPPORTED BY THE INTEL CORE GENERATION GRAPHICS...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    THE FOLLOWING LIST OF HARDWARE ID'S ARE SUPPORTED BY THE INTEL CORE GENERATION GRAPHICS...: The following intel gpu hardware ID 's are supported by new DCH _WHQL driver 25.20.100.6444 ; SYK LAKE %iSKLULTGT1% = iSKLD_w10_DS, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1906 %iSKLULTGT2% = iSKLD_w10_DS, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1916 %iSKLULXGT2% = iSKLD_w10_DS,...