Windows 10: Hardware problem - Need to replace a part

Discus and support Hardware problem - Need to replace a part in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi everyone, One of my computers has had hardware issues for a while where the computer would freeze once a week or once a month. It was bearable.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Artekis, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Artekis Win User

Hardware problem - Need to replace a part

Hi everyone,

One of my computers has had hardware issues for a while where the computer would freeze once a week or once a month. It was bearable.

However, I recently tried to update one of my programs, malwarebytes, and then my operating system ended up failing to load on startup. I tried to repair it, but I had no luck. I then tried to do a clean install using a USB that was setup with the Windows media creation tool, but that failed as well. Specifically, the computer froze on the "getting ready" screen right after it had finished installing Windows. I tried a 2nd clean install, and it froze on the "getting files ready for installation" section. I could still move the mouse, and interact with the window though, which was odd. I then tried a 3rd clean install, and it actually worked this time. The computer runs fine again.

I did some hardware tests a year ago to see what's up, and I had the following results (I also added some other details):
    1. CPU stress test was good.
    2. RAM went through multiple passes and the results were good.
    3. HDD test was alright, but a member of this forum warned me to keep an eye on it in case CRC errors increase.
    4. The freeze problem occurred in safe mode as well, which rules out the graphics card and some other peripheral components.
    5. Fans are all spinning, and I don't have any heat issues.
    6. HDD is much louder than the fans, but it's always been like that.
    7. I've had the computer for around 6-7 years now.

I'm pretty sure the problem is the HDD, but I want to get a second opinion before I buy a new HDD from Best Buy.

Also, what's the probability of failure of the other hardware components like the power supply, motherboard, RAM and CPU?

Thanks.

:)

Artekis, Oct 3, 2017
  2. NaiFx2209 Win User

Changed SSD and HDD and still having high disk usage

Yes I did have a look , and it varies , sometimes it is the compressed memory and sometime it is google chrome and some times it is Norton . If it is a hardware problem I need to know which part of the hardware is curopted so I can replace it .

NaiFx2209, Oct 3, 2017
  3. Replacement Parts

You could take it to your nearest
    Nokia Service Centre
    and ask them, or check the link in the PM I'm about to send Hardware problem - Need to replace a part :)

RichCowell, Oct 3, 2017
  4. LMiller7 Win User

An easy way to check this would be to boot into a Linux live CD or USB drive. If this works without problem the drive is likely bad. If not, you have other problems. The CPU would be the least likely of what was mentioned. CPU failures (which are unusual) are usually total.

LMiller7, Oct 3, 2017
  5. Plankton Win User
    If the 3rd install took and is now functioning properly with out any of the mentioned issues.....my conclusion would be a corrupted OS (system file structure) of some kind. Although it's rare but does happen.

If it's running all right now.....keep monitoring it for a few weeks and see if the problem manifests itself again. If it does....then as LMiller7 suggested, your HDD maybe the root cause.

Plankton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Hardware problem - Need to replace a part - Similar Threads - Hardware problem Need

2. Hardware issue part 4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hardware issue part 4: Ive been having a issue with my computer in which while it happens mostly when im browsing or AFK on a game. However, it does occasionally happen when im just doing whatever, ive tried to repair my firmware still happend and deleted alienware command center because from what...
  3. Hardware issue part 4

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hardware issue part 4: Ive been having a issue with my computer in which while it happens mostly when I play minecraft. However, it does occasionally happen when im just doing whatever, ive tried to repair my firmware still happend and deleted alienware command center because from what I've heard...
  4. Hardware issue part 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hardware issue part 3: Ive been having a issue with my computer in which while it happens mostly when I play minecraft. However, it does occasionally happen when im just doing whatever, ive tried to repair my firmware still happend and deleted alienware command center because from what I've heard...
  5. Hardware issue part 3

Hardware issue part 3: Ive been having a issue with my computer in which while it happens mostly when I play minecraft. However, it does occasionally happen when im just doing whatever, ive tried to repair my firmware still happend and deleted alienware command center because from what I've heard...
  6. Need to know what hardware to replace

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need to know what hardware to replace: SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎2021-‎12-‎13 4:45 PMStatusNot reportedDescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 141Parameter 1: ffffcc094720d010Parameter 2:...
  7. Need to know what hardware to replace

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to know what hardware to replace: SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎2021-‎12-‎13 4:45 PMStatusNot reportedDescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 141Parameter 1: ffffcc094720d010Parameter 2:...
  8. Need to know what hardware to replace

9. Replaced Hardware

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Replaced Hardware: I replaced my motherboard and Graphics card and now I am being told that I need to reactivate Windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/replaced-hardware/e32262dc-ea3d-47b2-ba00-fd7ad2a353c3
  10. Right part of laptop keyboard is not working. Is it a software problem or hardware problem ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Right part of laptop keyboard is not working. Is it a software problem or hardware problem ?: hello there, my problem started last Tuesday night when suddenly I found my Dell XPS15 9350 keyboard buttons typing extra letters whenever I try to type anything from the right side of the keyboard for example if I typed "P" I get "IOP" and so on. Then on Wednesday, I...