Windows 10: Hardware Problems after upgrading to Windows 10?

Discus and support Hardware Problems after upgrading to Windows 10? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Okay, I'm not sure if these are Windows 10 problems or not, but I just upgraded maybe 10 days ago and am having 2 hardware problems. I know for sure 1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by realtordcnova, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Hardware Problems after upgrading to Windows 10?

Okay, I'm not sure if these are Windows 10 problems or not, but I just upgraded maybe 10 days ago and am having 2 hardware problems. I know for sure 1 was not occurring immediately. I cannot remember 100% if #2 problem occurred immediately after upgrading or if it started since then.

#1. Dual monitor support is having trouble. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, and in general I've found the external monitor must be plugged in prior to booting up. I can't plug it in at any point (like I used to with Windows 8.1 or earlier) and it helps to be on a fresh boot. If I plug it in and boot up it might work great for a while, but after a while both my laptop monitor and external monitor will start blinking on and off at random.

#2. My laptop speakers no longer play any sound. I can still plug in headphones to the audio jack and get sound, but nothing from the speakers.

I have checked device manager and searched for newer drivers and it says I have the most up to date drivers.

I have written a thread on the monitor troubles here:

Extended Desktop will not turn on

Everything was working fine at first, then a few days after upgrading I went to another workplace I use where I use a TV rather than my normal monitor. Everything worked fine there, but after returning to my normal workstation it has never worked right since.

:)

realtordcnova, Sep 13, 2015

2. Problems after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will assist you in solving the issue.

I suggest you to refer the links provided below and check if it helps.

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/windows-10-faq

Also, suggest you to update all the drivers from Device Manager and check for status.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 13, 2015
  3. Problems after upgrading to Windows 10

Original Title: windows 10

After downloading/upgrading (from Windows 8) to Windows 10, I was UNABLE to use my Acer laptop to view CD's or read memory stick, so I went back to Windows 8 and now everything is fine. How can I get windows 10 and retain ability to perform all functions
    of the laptop?

EdJazdzewski, Sep 13, 2015
  4. Hardware Problems after upgrading to Windows 10?

I'd read somewhere that Toshiba was telling folks NOT to upgrade their laptops to Win10. Maybe it had something to do with waiting for new drivers to be released. It would be worth your checking out any Toshiba support forums to find out.

Mark Phelps, Sep 13, 2015
Thema:

Hardware Problems after upgrading to Windows 10?

1. Hardware Problems after upgrading to Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Hardware Problems upgrading

2. Problems Activating Windows 10 after hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Problems Activating Windows 10 after hardware upgrade: HiWe keep a spare licensed and activated Windows PC which we use for upgrading hardware. To make the new device compatible with windows 11 we had to install windows 10 onto a new hard disk with the previously activated windows 10 hard drive as the D: drive. So we always have...
  3. Problems Activating Windows 10 after hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems Activating Windows 10 after hardware upgrade: HiWe keep a spare licensed and activated Windows PC which we use for upgrading hardware. To make the new device compatible with windows 11 we had to install windows 10 onto a new hard disk with the previously activated windows 10 hard drive as the D: drive. So we always have...
  4. Problems Activating Windows 10 after hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Activation after Hardware Upgrade

Windows 10 Activation after Hardware Upgrade: Upgraded my motherboard today. I'm aware it ties its Windows 10 Key to the motherboard. Terrible idea by the way. Old one is dead, can't even re-install it to get the info if it exists on there and I probably wouldn't regardless. I have the windows 10 account tied to my...
  6. Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware upgrade

Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware upgrade: I recently upgraded both my CPU and motherboard, and 'Activate Windows' watermark showed up I tried the troubleshooter but it doesnt seem to work I also tried reenter the product key again and that also doesnt work. The troubleshooter doesnt show any error codes it just...
  7. Activating WIndows 10 After Hardware Upgrade

Activating WIndows 10 After Hardware Upgrade: Hi, I had Windows 7, and upgraded it during the free upgrade window. Everything was working just fine. Today, I upgraded my motherboard, processor, DRAM, etc, and now there is text on the bottom of my screen saying I need to Activate Windows. When I try to do so, it says it...
  8. problems after a hardware upgrade

problems after a hardware upgrade: so, I had just updated some hardware, and now, my windows is no longer active, i tried to activate it, and it wont let me connect to the device that the old activation key was affiliated with. to make it worse, when trying to get into my account to change info, it locked me...
  9. Windows 10 not genuine after hardware upgrade

Windows 10 not genuine after hardware upgrade: Upgraded my motherboard, CPU and RAM last night from Black Friday sales. Upon turning on my PC it tells me it's not genuine. Googled it, found it's a common thing, apparently the license is tied to your motherboard. Okay, fine, I follow the steps to re-activate via the...
  10. Windows 10 Activation After a Hardware Upgrade

Windows 10 Activation After a Hardware Upgrade: Hello, I recently upgraded my computers hardware significantly (only the SDD and PSU remain). I have not been able to activate windows after reinstalling windows (clean install). I attempted to use: Troubleshoot>I Changed my Hardware Recently and am positive that I...