Windows 10: Hardware Reserved Ram usage is high

Discus and support Hardware Reserved Ram usage is high in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, my configuration is MOBO gigabyte GA970 FX 8350 processor GTX 1060 6GB GPU 24 GB corsair vengeance ram latest RS5 build of fast insider... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by kvjoshi, Aug 16, 2018.

1. kvjoshi Win User

Hardware Reserved Ram usage is high

Hello,

my configuration is MOBO gigabyte GA970

FX 8350 processor

GTX 1060 6GB GPU

24 GB corsair vengeance ram

latest RS5 build of fast insider ring. win 64

I recently saw that my hardware reserved memory shot up to 8 GB while there was only 16GB attached to the PC in DIMM 1/3.

I tried changing the dims but no change .

I added another 8 GB ram stick in and still the hardware reserved memory is same I tried the BIOS Update which was already uptodate , tried changing the maximum memory in msconfig. but still no change.

:)

kvjoshi, Aug 16, 2018
  2. MayDay_960, Aug 16, 2018
  3. Disk Usage Always at 100% and 2GB Hardware Reserved RAM

Hardware Reserved Ram usage is high [​IMG]

I'm sorry that the language is not English. After the clean install i didn't had time to change. You can ask me for any translation that you need.

jdsequeira, Aug 16, 2018
  4. Hardware Reserved Ram usage is high

Hardware reserved ram is to high

My computer has 8 gigs of ram installed, and only 3.9 usable, I am running a 64 bit OS of windows 10, and its utilizing 4.1 gigs of ram for hardware reserve, how do I free up some of it or even see what it is that's using it all?

Bchristian1992, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

Hardware Reserved Ram usage is high

1. Hardware Reserved Ram usage is high - Similar Threads - Hardware Reserved Ram

2. High Ram Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Ram Usage: Hi there, So this is the problem, From the time I bought this brand new IdeaPad Flex 5 itlo5 14" laptop, there has always been high ram usage when I look in task manager. The ram usage has always been around 80%. I have tried to clean install windows which removes all...
  3. High ram usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High ram usage: I recently shifted from from using linux to windows and out of 8 gigs of ram 6.2 gigs is used just with 4 tabs of edge and 2 light weight apps open. The cpu temp is also averaging about 55-60 degree C, although cpu consumption is not high . Is this normal for windows 10(Last...
  4. Half Ram is in Hardware reserved

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Half Ram is in Hardware reserved: I've tried Multiple different solutions and non of them seem to solve the issue. Everywhere in windows it says I have 16GB of memory installed but only 7.94 Usable the rest in hardware reserve.this happens with another working kit of ram. it only happens when 2 sticks are...
  5. 2.1GB Hardware Reserved RAM

2.1GB Hardware Reserved RAM: I've had 2100MB hardware reserved memory ever since I got my PC. I've tried Run maintenance task Setting maximum memoryMSConfig > Boot to 0 and turning it off Booting in Safe ModeIt was still reserved I've also tried checking the BIOS, but I couldn't find anything...
  6. Hardware Reserved Memory in RAM

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hardware Reserved Memory in RAM: I am using a DELL 660s PC, the time I brought it, it had 5.8GB usable out of 6 GB RAM which was onboard. This year I added an SSD and made it my main drive, now I see that it has only 5.6GB usable out of 6 GB RAM, since my workload increased, I increased the RAM to 8GB, but...
  7. Ram hardware reserved

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ram hardware reserved: I have a small problem, in my desktop PC I have 16 gb ram DDR 4, and that's ok, but one day I decided to add additional 8 gb, and there is a problem, bios seeing all 24 gb but windows decided to reserve 12 gb. How to solve this? Thanks in advance. My system: Mb: ASRock b450...
  8. Extremely high hardware reserved ram

in Windows 10 Customization
    Extremely high hardware reserved ram: Hello I just recently upgraded my PC's mobo ram and cpu. My issue with is windows is reserving 8.1GB of ram. I updated the bios to the latest, and made sure all drivers are up to date. I check on msconfig for anything there its all correct. I'm unable to use over half of my...
  9. How to fix high memory (hardware reserved memory) usage ?

How to fix high memory (hardware reserved memory) usage ?: I have Win 10 32-bit on a Lenovo SL410 laptop with 4GB ram. CPU is Intel P9600. Graphics is internal Intel Mobile Series 4 Family chipset. I have updated latest version of bios, windows, drivers for all devices (including graphics). But for some reason in task manager it...
  10. Disk Usage Always at 100% and 2GB Hardware Reserved RAM

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Usage Always at 100% and 2GB Hardware Reserved RAM: Hello guys, I'm new to this forum, but I'm desperate for help on my computer. I installed a new GPU (MSI GTX 750 OC edition), and after that (after every driver installed), i suddenly got 2GB of RAM (out of 6GB RAm) for hardware. ("reserved memory"). I have tried...