Windows 10: Harry Potter and the sorcerer's stone wont lounch windows 10 64 BIT

Discus and support Harry Potter and the sorcerer's stone wont lounch windows 10 64 BIT in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have installed Harry Potter and the sorcerer's stone and when i try to launch it it does completly nothing. I tried compatibility for almost every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Bryan Vullers, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Harry Potter and the sorcerer's stone wont lounch windows 10 64 BIT

I have installed Harry Potter and the sorcerer's stone and when i try to launch it it does completly nothing.
    I tried compatibility for almost every version of windows.
    sometimes i got one flicker on my screen but nothing else.
    no errors nothing at all.
    i tried it on our windows 8 32 bit laptop and it worked fine.
    Does anybody know a fix?

Specs:
    windows 10 pro 64 BIT
    CPU: I7 3770
    MOBO: MEDION MS-7728
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Dual channel
    GPU: ATI AMD Radeon HD 7770

Thanks in advance.
    -

:)

Bryan Vullers, Aug 5, 2015

2. PC Games will not work. Caused me to downgrade.

Windows 10 won't let me play PC games that worked on 8.1, causing me to downgrade. These games are Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, and Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. I tried to open them in compatibility
    mode, but the screen just enlarged and shrunk. I also tried troubleshooting the compatibility, but that made it so nothing happened at all. I will not be getting Windows 10 until someone helps me out or Windows is fixed. Please reply ASAP! I'm using a HP 15
    by the way...

Thanks

CameronBoutelle, Aug 5, 2015
  3. SuzanneTF Win User
    Harry Potter EA games won't run on Windows 10

I researched this because I own "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" and "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets" on CD-ROM. My laptop (Windows 10, 64-bit) refused to play them on any compatibility setting. It turns out the issue is that the old disc
    copyright protection/DRM that EA was using during that time period is not supported by Windows 10.

One of the riskiest ways around this is to get a hacked no-cd.exe from back in the day of pirating and not wanting to manually change cd-rom discs. I have tried this (just installed the games and then exchanged the .exe files). The games will then work.
    The CD-ROM issue is all that prevents Windows from allowing the games to run.

(Edit: So with the file I was using I could start the game and watch the opening segment about Harry. But it seemed to skip around a bit and then I couldn't start my objective. Hmm.)

SuzanneTF, Aug 5, 2015
  4. MrNeeds Win User

Harry Potter and the sorcerer's stone wont lounch windows 10 64 BIT

It won't work, it ran in a 32bit environment and no matter what you do, it will refuse to work in a 64bit OS, i've had the same issue with The Simpsons: Hit and Run which was also 32bit only.

Sorry

MrNeeds, Aug 5, 2015
  5. Hydranix Win User
    From quick googling, this appears to run on 64-bit Windows.

Do you have the older DirectX runtimes installed? Link

Are your video drivers installed? Link

Hydranix, Aug 5, 2015
  6. Bryan Vullers, Aug 5, 2015
  7. I'm having similar issues. This isn't great news, but the only "fix" I've found thus far, is to run the game in a Windows 7 VM (or earlier WinOS if you like/feel like it.) While this gets the game up and running, it has some issues:

• You'll need a decent parent machine to account for the VM overhead. You should be OK looking at your specs.
    • I couldn't get the game running in fullscreen in the VM. This might be a current limitation of the VM I used (VirtualBox). My options were 640 and 800 4:3 windowed resolutions.
    • Although I got my Wireless X360 controller recognised in the Win7 VM control panel, the game didn't recognise it. Considering the vintage of the game, this could be an issue with the version of the Unreal engine it uses. Not yet tried with a DInput compatible controller.
    • My install also refused to save any video settings, which now I come to think of it, makes me wonder if it would actually save games, so there's that to be aware of also. That could be a VM issue, or it could be some odd quirk of the game on Windows 7.

It's not what I'd call a "fix", but it might be enough for you to enjoy the game, the logical (and drastic) solution is to reinstall Windows7/XP to a real machine and play via that.
    I bought a triple pack off eBay and this is the only game of the three I've fiddled with. If I have more success, or tips and tricks, I will update here, and/or on the PCGamingWiki page for the game.

Clever Caviar, Aug 21, 2015
  8. Harry Potter and the sorcerer's stone wont lounch windows 10 64 BIT

Maybe a little late, but i've got it running on W10. Just used a no-cd crack (yes i still have the original game after all these years) from GameCopyWorld. It runs perfect!

kameleon20, Oct 15, 2015
  9. Came here to post the same, thanks kameleon20. I'd guess the issue is Windows 10's lack of support for the old SecuROM/SafeDISC et al drivers. I wouldn't say it runs perfect, but if you can live with some compromises, it's decent enough.

Clever Caviar, Nov 4, 2015
  10. leonie Win User
    Hi, I'm having the same problems running the game. Could you post the link to the no-cd crack and tell me where to insert it into the game's files?

edit: the GameCopyWorld site no longer hosts the file I need for the game, but did redirect me to GameFix which had a download available called ** REMOVED ** i tried extracting it into the game file with 7Zip but the game still did nothing when launched.

leonie, Nov 11, 2015
  11. gitteben Win User
    I would like to know exactly what it's done as I'm not so familiar with no-cd crack. A step-by-step or a link to how it'sdone would be absolutely awesome.

Thanks in advance.

gitteben, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Harry Potter and the sorcerer's stone wont lounch windows 10 64 BIT

1. Harry Potter and the sorcerer's stone wont lounch windows 10 64 BIT - Similar Threads - Harry Potter sorcerer's

2. Installing Old Harry Potter Game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing Old Harry Potter Game: Hi. Im trying to install Harry Potter pc game and it wont load after installation. It says sign in as administrator? And just doesnt load https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-old-harry-potter-game/75ca83b2-8a58-41e1-8ac9-0015fdbfc34f
  3. Installing Old Harry Potter Game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing Old Harry Potter Game: Hi. Im trying to install Harry Potter pc game and it wont load after installation. It says sign in as administrator? And just doesnt load https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-old-harry-potter-game/75ca83b2-8a58-41e1-8ac9-0015fdbfc34f
  4. Why wont my 64 bit system and 64 bit Windows 10 OS install 64 bit software?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why wont my 64 bit system and 64 bit Windows 10 OS install 64 bit software?: Ok so I did a fresh install of a 64 bit windows 10 OS on my new Samsung Pro SSD hard drive. My computer is a Dell desktop 8900 64 bit system. I have confirmed all this in the "About PC" but when I try and install any 64 bit software I get the attached error. Any ideas what...
  5. Harry Potter on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Harry Potter on Windows 10?: Hey, I have a question. Is it possible to play Harry Potter and the White Stone on Windows 10? If not, maybe you can send me a link to a patch? Many thanks in advance https://www.gutefrage.net/frage/harry-potter-auf-windows-10
  6. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 installation: Im trying to install Hp7 part 1 and it gets partway through the installation and then freezes and doesnt go further. What is wrong and how do i fix it?...
  7. Can't Install Harry Potter & The Chamber of Secrets on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Install Harry Potter & The Chamber of Secrets on PC: Hi there As the title says I can't install CoS on my PC. I've got windows 10. Whenever I put in the disc to install the game, the installation guide won't even come up, so I can install it. Why's that? What can I do? Thanks in advance...
  8. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets PC Game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets PC Game: I downloaded this game last week and it was working perfectly, however NOW, it keeps saying that dll files are missing when they are not, I have tried re-registering them, but it STILL refuses to work and the files refuse point blank to re-register - HELP...
  9. Trying to install the Harry Potter PC games onto Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to install the Harry Potter PC games onto Windows 10: So I wanted to install the PC Harry Potter games onto Windows 10 but I keep getting an error message whenever I put the discs in. "This program has been damaged possibly by a bad sector of the hard drive." And then it asks to reinstall it. However, it doesn't say which drive...
  10. Trying to install the Harry Potter PC games onto Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trying to install the Harry Potter PC games onto Windows 10: So I wanted to install the PC Harry Potter games onto Windows 10 but I keep getting an error message whenever I put the discs in. "This program has been damaged possibly by a bad sector of the hard drive." And then it asks to reinstall it. However, it doesn't say which drive...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sorcerers stone windows 10

2. harry potter sorcerers stone windows 10

3. trying to run harry potter and the sorcerers on a windows 10 64 bit pc

4. Critical error at start up Harry Potter and the sorcerer stone no cd patch,
  5. harry potter and the sorcerers stone will not launch on windows 10,
  6. no longer able to run harry potter and sorcerers stone compatability mode not working,
  7. harry potter and sorcerers stone pc sound problems,
  8. harry potter sorcerer stone PC wont run,
  9. harry potter and the sorceres stone controller imput awrfull,
  10. harry potter sorcerers stone win 10 fix,
  11. install harry potter and the sorcers stone windows 10