Windows 10: Has anyone else been scammed by Driver Support...They say that you pay $9.95 to...

Discus and support Has anyone else been scammed by Driver Support...They say that you pay $9.95 to... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; DO NOT "Subscribe" to Driver Support....it is a total scam. The "subscription" charge seems reasonable: $9.95...but it PER MONTH. I subscribed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RandyEdwardFL, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Has anyone else been scammed by Driver Support...They say that you pay $9.95 to...

DO NOT "Subscribe" to Driver Support....it is a total scam. The "subscription" charge seems reasonable: $9.95...but it PER MONTH.

I subscribed because I was having some problems with Win 10 not supporting my older touchpad on my HP laptop. I thought it might be due to not having the right driver for the touchpad or something else in Win 10. So I decided to subscribe to DS (better described as Dumb Sh+t).

Not only did it offer no solution to that or any other problem, I found out through my PayPal account that there was a second charge of $9.95 for the second useless month of DS. Only then did I find out that the charge for this useless scam was $9.95 PER MONTH...and that was what I was scammed into subscribing to ....

Can you imagine paying right at $120/year for something that does nothing that you can do for yourself with very little effort. It does not solve any obscure problems.... It just SUCKS your $$$.

I encourage any others who were similarly scammed by DS to post here and expose this rip-off for what it is!

:)

RandyEdwardFL, Jul 4, 2018
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Pay for drivers

This is a SCAM, drivers are free always have been and always will be . . .

The thing you have to keep in mind with this sort of scam, how could anyone on the Internet (including Microsoft) know when your system is not performing optimally - it is impossible, never fall for this type of SCAM and never ever give someone Remote Access
    to your system !!

Go to Device Manager, check the list of installed hardware, does any have an exclamation mark on them, if not you are OK, if some do, list the device(s) here and we can direct you on where to get them - usually the support page on the HP Website for your
    device . . .

DaveM121, Jul 4, 2018
  3. Has anyone else been scammed by Driver Support...They say that you pay $9.95 to...

Jsssssssss, Jul 4, 2018
Thema:

Has anyone else been scammed by Driver Support...They say that you pay $9.95 to...

1. Has anyone else been scammed by Driver Support...They say that you pay $9.95 to... - Similar Threads - Has anyone else

2. Has anyone else been hacked and or knows coding to help me out? Can you they come thru...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Has anyone else been hacked and or knows coding to help me out? Can you they come thru...: Has anyone else been hacked and its under your microsoft account? I wonder how there able to get through unless higher ups know about it. There trying to steal our business and taken over emails, and in quickbooks. Thiongs are only going to get worse because noone knows how...
  3. Has anyone else been hacked and or knows coding to help me out? Can you they come thru...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Has anyone else been hacked and or knows coding to help me out? Can you they come thru...: Has anyone else been hacked and its under your microsoft account? I wonder how there able to get through unless higher ups know about it. There trying to steal our business and taken over emails, and in quickbooks. Thiongs are only going to get worse because noone knows how...
  4. Has anyone else been hacked and or knows coding to help me out? Can you they come thru...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Does anyone else get an error that says:...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does anyone else get an error that says:...: I cant find any way to fix it and its caused lots of issues with my computer- pls help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-anyone-else-get-an-error-that-says/95c76006-96e8-420f-9dcc-b9f2ab30c624
  6. Does anyone else get an error that says:...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does anyone else get an error that says:...: I cant find any way to fix it and its caused lots of issues with my computer- pls help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-anyone-else-get-an-error-that-says/95c76006-96e8-420f-9dcc-b9f2ab30c624
  7. Has anyone else’s computer bricked?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Has anyone else’s computer bricked?: I downloaded the latest update last night and it totally fucked up my computer. I have the “Reboot and select proper boot device” message after I guess the OS just shit the bed. I can only enter UEFI bios. Setting correct boot order does nothing and I have no Windows disc to...
  8. I have been Infected with Support Scam

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I have been Infected with Support Scam: I have a virus on my computer it only comes on when I try to read a story on a national web site. it comes on in red using up the hole monitor it says Microsoft teck support 1 800892 4357. I went on line it said it was a virus. can I get rid of it ? [Original...
  9. Driver Support Scam?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver Support Scam?: I am being charged for something from www.driversupport.com. What can I do about it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/driver-support-scam/9355a57b-2534-4f24-96f7-81adb64cf9c5
  10. Anyone else notice that the mail app has been updated

in Browsers and Email
    Anyone else notice that the mail app has been updated: At least for me anyway mail app now shows live messages on the tile and under options one can turn off conversation mode. [img] [img] 22102