Windows 10: Has Anyone identified this 15063.x mystery program/app?

Discus and support Has Anyone identified this 15063.x mystery program/app? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm running 15063.14 but it has been there since 15063.0: [img] Could this possibly be a placeholder for the Mixed Reality Portal (which does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by WOT, Apr 4, 2017.

1. WOT
    WOT Win User

Has Anyone identified this 15063.x mystery program/app?

I'm running 15063.14 but it has been there since 15063.0:

Has Anyone identified this 15063.x  mystery program/app? [​IMG]

Could this possibly be a placeholder for the Mixed Reality Portal (which does nothing at present)?

Just curious,

Regards,

:)

2. lacrumb Win User

Discussion: Windows Update on Windows 10 getting worse with each passing month.

I have 4 laptops that all started out with Vista. They were built in 2009. all are working fine. Two are at 4GB RAM and the other two I have upped to 8GB RAM.

One is used with 15063 and does my watering program. One has 17004. 0ne has 15063 and is Release Preview and the other is at 16299.15.

lacrumb, Apr 4, 2017
  3. Mystery item in Optimize disks list?

I'm running the Windows 10 defrag manually and am seeing this mysterious entry in the lists of drives:

\\?\Volume{long-hypen-separated-hex-string}

I can't see anyway of identifying what this is (other items are marked with their disk id, C: or D: etc).

This has been there ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 (it did not appear on the Drive list with Windows 8.1 defrag).

Does anyone know what this is and whether it should be there? Is it removable and , if so, how?

Thanks.

Blennerhasset, Apr 4, 2017
  4. MrWhoopee Win User

I have a rule. If a program won't identify itself, it goes. If you've got nothing to hide, then why are you hiding it?

MrWhoopee, Apr 4, 2017
  5. WOT
    WOT Win User
    Yes, I abide by that rule sometimes; however, this won't uninstall.

6. MrWhoopee Win User
    Have you tried an uninstaller like Revo or Geek Uninstaller?

MrWhoopee, Apr 4, 2017
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    I don't have a blank program like that on my computer, 15063.11

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2017
  8. WOT
    WOT Win User

I don't want to uninstall it until I find out what it really is.

It only shows up when you run the tools uninstaller from within CCleaner. I have it on both of my Win10 Pro and Home installations.

9. shimshom Win User
    The below instruction are from the Winaero site how to uninstall Mixed Reality

• Close Settings if you have the app opened.
    • Open Registry Editor
    • Navigate to the following Registry key:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Holographic

shimshom, Apr 4, 2017
  10. WOT
    WOT Win User
    @shimshorm: Thank you so much for those detailed instruction and I may use them if necessary; however, right now, I am just try to see if anyone else has the same issue when trying to uninstall a blank app (as show in my original post) using CCleaner version 5.28 pportable.

So, can someone (using CCleaner version 5.28 portable) take a look at the Tools> Uninstall menu and see if they see what I see? The blank icon is the first entry on my list of apps that can potentially be uninstalled by CCleaner.

Thank you again for that detailed response.
    Regards,

11. CountMike New Member
    I have it too but it was installed on 10-Jan-2017. Of all the processes running only One Drive has no icon.

Could be related.

CountMike, Apr 4, 2017
  12. swarfega Win User
    I have this too. I'm on build15063. I think its a placeholder for something.

swarfega, Apr 4, 2017
  13. WOT
    WOT Win User

OK guys, thanks for confirming the existence of that blank icon when running CCleaner! Now, I can just leave it alone and assume it is either related to the Mixed Reality or OneDrive (somehow), and if true, then CCleaner either has a bug or needs an update.

However, I am strongly leaning towards the Mixed Reality Service. WHY? Because I have totally uninstalled ONeDrive service in previous builds and CCleaner has never displayed a blank icon before.

So, just for kicks, I tried the WinAero solution (provided by shimshom) and the blank icon remained in CCleaner.

However, the WinAero procedure really doesn't uninstall any related software because the Mixed Reality Portal continued to work when I selected the icon in the start menu (after completing the entire procedure). The procedure simply makes the icon appear in the Settings menu and the uninstall simply removed the FirstRunSucceed DWord (and the icon in the Settings menu); therefore, you could easily get it back by just recreating the FirstRunSucced DWord again (I think).

Anyway, you all were a big help and now I will just leave it alone.

Thanks and regards,

PS: I reloaded an image I made just before doing all this so I'm good to go.

14. CountMike New Member
    Could also be a piece of a driver or something like that. Looking at Programs and features some things don't have any icons:

CountMike, Apr 4, 2017
  15. WOT
    WOT Win User
    @CountMike: I guess anything is possible at this point; however, as long as I have company with this issue, I'll simply ignore the blank CCleaner reference. However, if anyone finds a solution I would be happy about that as well but I think the problem is on the CCleaner end and I (personally) have no intention of dealing with their support group.

Thema:

1. Has Anyone identified this 15063.x mystery program/app? - Similar Threads - Has Anyone identified

2. How to identify the app that has issued a notification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to identify the app that has issued a notification: In my experience an app's notification consists only of issuing a sound. For example consider the analogy of a doorbell. It let's you know that someone is at the door. But you need to know WHO IS AT THE DOOR. Does Windows provide a peek at "who is at the door?"Thanks for your...
  3. How to identify the app that has issued a notification

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to identify the app that has issued a notification: In my experience an app's notification consists only of issuing a sound. For example consider the analogy of a doorbell. It let's you know that someone is at the door. But you need to know WHO IS AT THE DOOR. Does Windows provide a peek at "who is at the door?"Thanks for your...
  4. Identify this program

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Identify this program: I'm trying to find out what program this is.OneYearIAP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/identify-this-program/ee31a7e9-b0db-493a-be68-7cfbb9e5961d
  5. Identify this program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Identify this program: I'm trying to find out what program this is.OneYearIAP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/identify-this-program/ee31a7e9-b0db-493a-be68-7cfbb9e5961d
  6. Identify this program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Help identify this mysterious black box

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Help identify this mysterious black box: I'm assuming it's a program as it minimizes when I minimize a window but comes back when I maximize the window. It doesn't show up in the taskbar or the apps running screen but the black box is always there from startup. I can't figure out what it could be in taskmanager....
  8. Mysterious Laptop programming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mysterious Laptop programming: Hello I had issues I paid and 365Microsof office but i don't get use it properly These listing not work following listing : 1. Outlook 2 Operating system being writen off an other program 3 There were many un app around my website 4 My gmail account...
  9. Reinstalling Windows 1703 15063.x to 15063.1324

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstalling Windows 1703 15063.x to 15063.1324: Greetings All, Ever since installing the last Cumulative Update (15063.1324), my desktop has been freezing up intermittently and my DisplayLink USB Monitor Adapter has been flashing on and off, again on an intermittent basis. So, thinking that there will only be (hopefully)...
  10. Version 1703 Build 15063 removes programs?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Version 1703 Build 15063 removes programs?: After updating to version 1703, I noticed that programs were missing. I had previously installed the Win7Games4Win10, which brings back the old Solitaire, Freecell, etc. After the update they were completely gone. Is this something that occurs with the update, or just a...