Windows 10: Has anyone run the Data Integrity Scan on an ReFS volume?

Discus and support Has anyone run the Data Integrity Scan on an ReFS volume? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have tried multiple times to run the Data Integrity Scan from within the Task Scheduler only to receive entries like those below in the Event Log.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mjohnsonn2, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Has anyone run the Data Integrity Scan on an ReFS volume?

I have tried multiple times to run the Data Integrity Scan from within the Task Scheduler only to receive entries like those below in the Event Log. Integrity is enabled. I have tried with "Enforced" both true and false. Tried with ReFS on simple volume and also with mirrored storage space. Never works. What am I doing wrong?

Error:
    Files were skipped during the volume scan.
    Files skipped: 310
    Volume name: I:\ (\??\Volume{53d99c4e-9ad6-11e8-8448-0cc47ad896dd}\)
    First skipped file name: I:
    HResult: The specified copy of the requested data could not be read.

Information:
    Volume scan completed on I:\ (\??\Volume{53d99c4e-9ad6-11e8-8448-0cc47ad896dd}\)
    Bytes repaired: 0x0
    Bytes not repaired: 0x3000
    HResult: The operation completed successfully.

:)

mjohnsonn2, Aug 12, 2018

2. Will Win 10 Pro ReFS Integrity Streams work after Creator's Update?

I understand that the Win 10 Pro Fall Creator's update removes the ability for Win 10 Pro to create new ReFS volumes but will still permit read/write to existing ReFS volumes. I have a 4 TB ReFS volume that has File Integrity Streams enabled. Will File Integrity
    Steams continue to function normally on my existing ReFS volume after the Win 10 Pro Fall Creator's update or will I need to upgrade to Win 10 Pro for Workstation?

MBarrett_641, Aug 12, 2018
  3. Allan Mej Win User
    Data Integrity Scan in task menu

Hi,

Data Integrity Scan scans fault-tolerant volumes/system files for latent corruption. It checks your PC's data for any corruption due to possible hardware failures like hard drive failure and it will be triggered when a system failure that
    is caused by your hard drive happens on your PC. Meaning, you do not need to enable it since it is triggered automatically.

Should you have more concerns, feel free to ask.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Aug 12, 2018
  4. Drogon10 Win User

Has anyone run the Data Integrity Scan on an ReFS volume?

Data Integrity Scan fails with error: HResult: The specified copy of the requested data could not be read.

Data Integrity Scan: Scans fault-tolerant volumes for latent corruption. It checks the data for any corruption due to possible hardware failures like hard drive failure. It will be triggered during the system failure caused
    by hard drive.

You may however run the System File Checker (SFC) scan to repair missing or corrupted system files.

Drogon10, Aug 12, 2018
  5. Mark_444 New Member
    The Data Integrity Scan (also known as "scrubber") is supposed to work with the Wndows 10 Pro for Workstations SKU of the OS. IT DOES NOT WORK as of the end of September 2018.

Proof:
    Create a two way mirrored ReFS storage space.
    Load it with a bunch of files.
    Turn on integrity for all the files.
    Go to the task scheduler and run the Data Integrity Scan.
    Look in the event viewer for ReFS events and you will see that the scan fails immediately.

Windows 10 Pro for Workstations costs $309 for the full version and one of it's main features, resiliency, is completely broken. It's not just the scan that fails either. Do a search for ReFS corruption detection on Windows 10 Pro for Workstations.

Mark_444, Oct 1, 2018
Thema:

Has anyone run the Data Integrity Scan on an ReFS volume?

1. Has anyone run the Data Integrity Scan on an ReFS volume? - Similar Threads - Has anyone run

2. Incompatibility refs/Win10 and refs/Win2016

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Incompatibility refs/Win10 and refs/Win2016: Hi. Disks formated with refs under win10 Workstation couldn't be read by win2016. Over the more: refs-discs made with win2016 accessed by win10 couldn't be accessed by win2016 afterwards. Any idea? Peter...
  3. Can not run scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can not run scan: I keep getting Error Code OX8050800d What's Up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_updating-windows_10/can-not-run-scan/c6d61d61-4372-4480-8376-bac347db9118
  4. Has anyone run the Data Integrity Scan on an ReFS volume?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Has anyone run the Data Integrity Scan on an ReFS volume?: I have tried multiple times to run the Data Integrity Scan from within the Task Scheduler only to receive entries like those below in the Event Log. Integrity is enabled. I have tried with "Enforced" both true and false. Tried with ReFS on simple volume and also with mirrored...
  5. ReFS partition

ReFS partition: Hi, I'm using my second drive for data and it's using the ReFS file system, but I ran into a problem - OneDrive wont work with it. Can I Strink / Split / Convert (NTFS) the drive, as i'm currently using 690GB on the drive so I don't think a backup would be possible?...
  6. ReFS or NTFS for SSD data drive, pros and cons, please

ReFS or NTFS for SSD data drive, pros and cons, please: I have a half dozen Hyper-V virtual machines and will add a few more. I have been storing the vm files on my Storage Space (formatted ReFS). Load times are OK but I have decided to dedicate a Crucial MX300 525gb SSD for vm file storage instead. I have no qualms using them on...
  7. Recover data from Simple Volume

Recover data from Simple Volume: Hi I converted a partition of my HDD to a simple volume, and on my other partition was an ext4 which I then changed back to NTFS. Now, the NTFS has been picked up by Windows 10 as the "main" drive, and now doesn't recognize the simple volume and as a result, my files are...
  8. Erasing hardrive data .... Has anyone used Dban??

Erasing hardrive data .... Has anyone used Dban??: I have some 2.5" laptop drives that I wish to sell and have researched the best way to wipe the data off them. Many recommend using a free program called Dban also known as nuke and boot. I want to use this free software on the hdd's that will be attached to my laptop via...
  9. Scanning and repairing volume (\\?\Volume...) every startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Scanning and repairing volume (\\?\Volume...) every startup: help.. this problem comes up after i upgrade my windows 10 anniv update to creators update every time i startup, this thing comes ... Scanning and repairing volume (\\?\Volume...) 100% complete it just took 5 seconds and get into windows after that and then i re-install...
  10. Has anyone done this?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Has anyone done this?: I am having to replace a clapped out HDD on a laptop which had an updated W10 installed.....this for a friend. Have advised her and she has agreed a new SSD will replace it, she is on holiday for another week so can do nothing now, In the meantime have been doing some...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. data integrity scan fail phoneinfo

2. data integrity scan fail windowsphoneinfo

3. data integrity scan fail