Windows 10: Has anyone run the Data Integrity Scan on an ReFS volume?

Discus and support Has anyone run the Data Integrity Scan on an ReFS volume? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have tried multiple times to run the Data Integrity Scan from within the Task Scheduler only to receive entries like those below in the Event Log.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mjohnsonn2, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Has anyone run the Data Integrity Scan on an ReFS volume?

I have tried multiple times to run the Data Integrity Scan from within the Task Scheduler only to receive entries like those below in the Event Log. Integrity is enabled. I have tried with "Enforced" both true and false. Tried with ReFS on simple volume and also with mirrored storage space. Never works. What am I doing wrong?

Error:
    Files were skipped during the volume scan.
    Files skipped: 310
    Volume name: I:\ (\??\Volume{53d99c4e-9ad6-11e8-8448-0cc47ad896dd}\)
    First skipped file name: I:
    HResult: The specified copy of the requested data could not be read.

Information:
    Volume scan completed on I:\ (\??\Volume{53d99c4e-9ad6-11e8-8448-0cc47ad896dd}\)
    Bytes repaired: 0x0
    Bytes not repaired: 0x3000
    HResult: The operation completed successfully.

:)

mjohnsonn2, Aug 12, 2018

2. Will Win 10 Pro ReFS Integrity Streams work after Creator's Update?

I understand that the Win 10 Pro Fall Creator's update removes the ability for Win 10 Pro to create new ReFS volumes but will still permit read/write to existing ReFS volumes. I have a 4 TB ReFS volume that has File Integrity Streams enabled. Will File Integrity
    Steams continue to function normally on my existing ReFS volume after the Win 10 Pro Fall Creator's update or will I need to upgrade to Win 10 Pro for Workstation?

MBarrett_641, Aug 12, 2018
  3. Allan Mej Win User
    Data Integrity Scan in task menu

Hi,

Data Integrity Scan scans fault-tolerant volumes/system files for latent corruption. It checks your PC's data for any corruption due to possible hardware failures like hard drive failure and it will be triggered when a system failure that
    is caused by your hard drive happens on your PC. Meaning, you do not need to enable it since it is triggered automatically.

Should you have more concerns, feel free to ask.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Aug 12, 2018
  4. Drogon10 Win User

Has anyone run the Data Integrity Scan on an ReFS volume?

Data Integrity Scan fails with error: HResult: The specified copy of the requested data could not be read.

Data Integrity Scan: Scans fault-tolerant volumes for latent corruption. It checks the data for any corruption due to possible hardware failures like hard drive failure. It will be triggered during the system failure caused
    by hard drive.

You may however run the System File Checker (SFC) scan to repair missing or corrupted system files.

Drogon10, Aug 12, 2018
  5. Mark_444 New Member
    The Data Integrity Scan (also known as "scrubber") is supposed to work with the Wndows 10 Pro for Workstations SKU of the OS. IT DOES NOT WORK as of the end of September 2018.

Proof:
    Create a two way mirrored ReFS storage space.
    Load it with a bunch of files.
    Turn on integrity for all the files.
    Go to the task scheduler and run the Data Integrity Scan.
    Look in the event viewer for ReFS events and you will see that the scan fails immediately.

Windows 10 Pro for Workstations costs $309 for the full version and one of it's main features, resiliency, is completely broken. It's not just the scan that fails either. Do a search for ReFS corruption detection on Windows 10 Pro for Workstations.

Mark_444, Oct 1, 2018
Thema:

Has anyone run the Data Integrity Scan on an ReFS volume?

1. Has anyone run the Data Integrity Scan on an ReFS volume? - Similar Threads - Has anyone run

2. Has anyone tried AnyTech365 for their data recovery?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Has anyone tried AnyTech365 for their data recovery?: I’m a freelancer working from home since the pandemic, and I think I just deleted a bunch of files that I meant to archive. When I worked full time, we had an IT guy who could fix anything. I’m looking for that same kind of service, someone who can dive into my computer or...
  3. Has anyone tried AnyTech365 for their data recovery?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Has anyone tried AnyTech365 for their data recovery?: I’m a freelancer working from home since the pandemic, and I think I just deleted a bunch of files that I meant to archive. When I worked full time, we had an IT guy who could fix anything. I’m looking for that same kind of service, someone who can dive into my computer or...
  4. Refs volume heavy memory usage server 2019

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Refs volume heavy memory usage server 2019: Hi Team,Do we have a similar patch for server 2019 ?The update in the below link is applicable to server 2016 only.Update resolves heavy memory use in ReFS on a computer that is running Windows Server 2016 microsoft.comPlease helpRegardsSrinidhi...
  5. ReFS Storage Space Volume fails to mount

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ReFS Storage Space Volume fails to mount: I have 2-way mirrored storage space that reads as healthy when the ReFS volume is unmounted. The problem is when I try to mount it via diskmgmt, explorer will hang forever with System using about 10% CPU forever. I've tried leaving this process running for 4 days and it did...
  6. Is there any way to read refs volume in windows pro?

Is there any way to read refs volume in windows pro?: Hello everyone, I have used ReFs on my work pc because of it excellent reliability and then I used it on my external hard drives. After that i'm unable to read those on my home pc running Windows 10 pro. Is there any way to rend Refs volumes on windows 10 pro. Thanks in...
  7. Data integrity checker

Data integrity checker: hi awesome people can anyone recommend a data integrity checker.That regulary checks files to see if they get corrupted or damage.Preferrably open source or windows proprietary software. I have windows 10 The reason why i ask is i accidently figured out a file is...
  8. Defragmentation of ReFS volume

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Defragmentation of ReFS volume: Hello there everyone, I have created an ReFS volume on one of my 2.0TB hard drives, all is well, there is just a tiny bit of something that is getting me to worry. One: when I try to copy some files onto the drive the speed, occasionally, not all the time, drops to...
  9. Has anyone run the Data Integrity Scan on an ReFS volume?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Has anyone run the Data Integrity Scan on an ReFS volume?: I have tried multiple times to run the Data Integrity Scan from within the Task Scheduler only to receive entries like those below in the Event Log. Integrity is enabled. I have tried with "Enforced" both true and false. Tried with ReFS on simple volume and also with mirrored...
  10. Erasing hardrive data .... Has anyone used Dban??

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Erasing hardrive data .... Has anyone used Dban??: I have some 2.5" laptop drives that I wish to sell and have researched the best way to wipe the data off them. Many recommend using a free program called Dban also known as nuke and boot. I want to use this free software on the hdd's that will be attached to my laptop via...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 data integrity scan

2. data integrity scan windows 10

3. data integrity scan fail phoneinfo

4. data integrity scan fail windowsphoneinfo,
  5. data integrity scan fail