Windows 10: Has anyone successfully shared a printer between a windows 7 sp1 machine and a windows 10...

Discus and support Has anyone successfully shared a printer between a windows 7 sp1 machine and a windows 10... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Howdy again, We still have two machines on our network running windows 7 SP1. These machines were sharing a printer attached to the windows 10 home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dcook1313, Aug 15, 2018.

1. dcook1313 Win User

Has anyone successfully shared a printer between a windows 7 sp1 machine and a windows 10...

Howdy again,

We still have two machines on our network running windows 7 SP1. These machines were sharing a printer attached to the windows 10 home machine. Since 1803 I have not been able to connect to the printer from the windows 7 machines while 1803 resides on this windows 10 machine.

I have gone through all of the troubleshooting steps for network discovery and I can see the machines and printer but I cannot connect to the printer, Windows will not allow me to connect to the printer. It does not give an error or anything it just will not connect. It does nothing visible when I attempt to connect.

This happens when we have 1803 on this windows 10 machine. Since its windows 10 home I can not turn off auto updates so it keeps updating and I have to keep rolling it back so these people can print. I attempted using the show hide tool, but it does not even see 1803 as an update that can be blocked. 1803 doesn't show up at all in the tool even though it keeps updating to it. My god this is beyond frustrating.

Personally, If it were up to me, I would just give them all windows 10 machines at this point since I might have better luck sharing the printer between all windows 10 machines...maybe..., but I don't make those decisions, so here I am rolling the stupid update back on a regular basis to 1709 and hoping the printing still works each time.

Has anyone had any success sharing a printer on a windows 10 machine with a windows 7 machine? I would really appreciate any help you might be able to give to resolve this.

thank you

:)

dcook1313, Aug 15, 2018

2. adding a network printer to a windows 10 machine.

On windows 10 machine when I try to add a printer that is shared on a windows 7 machine I get the message that "The printer I want isn't listed. When I do a net view command of the windows 7 machine it shows that the printer i want is shared.

What could be the problem

RonESherwood, Aug 15, 2018
  3. Can't write to shares on a Windows 10 machine from a Windows 7 machine

I still get "You need permission to perform this action" from the Windows 7 machines if I try to write to a Windows 10 share after I made the above changes on the Windows 10 machine.

Jim Grybowski, Aug 15, 2018
  4. Jan123 Win User

Has anyone successfully shared a printer between a windows 7 sp1 machine and a windows 10...

Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

• Remove the printer device.
    • Add a Printer
    • The printer that I want isn’t listed
    • Select a shared printer by name
    • Browse
    • Select the displayed Machine 1.
    • Select the displayed Printer.
    • Next
    • Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    • Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    • Next
    • Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    • Detecting TCP/IP Port
    • Additional Port information required.
    • Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    • Next
    • Detecting the Driver Model
    • Install The Print Driver
    • Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    • Next
    • Replace the Current Driver
    • Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    • Next
    • Do not share this printer
    • Next
    • You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    • Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Aug 15, 2018
Thema:

1. Has anyone successfully shared a printer between a windows 7 sp1 machine and a windows 10... - Similar Threads - Has anyone successfully

2. sp1 for windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sp1 for windows 7: i need to get sp1 for windows 7 help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sp1-for-windows-7/ab67b0ca-f244-4ff3-a96f-aaf4354e1159
  3. sp1 for windows 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sp1 for windows 7: i need to get sp1 for windows 7 help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sp1-for-windows-7/ab67b0ca-f244-4ff3-a96f-aaf4354e1159
  4. Windows 7 sp1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 sp1: Hi,is there still a way to download sp1 for old windows 7 computers?i need 32bit version https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-sp1/db3060aa-805a-4727-acf3-017fb039c7cb
  5. Windows 7 sp1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 sp1: Hi,is there still a way to download sp1 for old windows 7 computers?i need 32bit version https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-sp1/db3060aa-805a-4727-acf3-017fb039c7cb
  6. Will Windows crash? Has anyone done this successfully?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will Windows crash? Has anyone done this successfully?: https://www.thewindowsclub.com/how-to-change-legacy-to-uefi-without-reinstalling-windows-10I wanted to convert from legacy to uefi. My PC repair guy changed it from uefi to legacy while repairing my pc and now I want it to be uefi. Will this work? Or will my Windows crash?...
  7. sharing between win 10 and 7

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sharing between win 10 and 7: hello, i wanna ask how can i access my win 7 shared folder form my win 10, i heard microsoft has removed homegroup from win 10 with no warning, also i cant access my shared printers as well, my win 10 version is Edition Windows 10 Home Single Language Version 20H2 Installed...
  8. More file sharing between Windows 10 and Windows 7 machines

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    More file sharing between Windows 10 and Windows 7 machines: Ok, I've searched multiple places for this information and tried a great many things, but nothing is working correctly. My desktop is Windows 7, laptop is Windows 10 on my private home network that uses a single router. Both show up in each other's Network folders. I can...
  9. Windows 7 SP1 to Windows 10 Upgrade Successful - Some Good News

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 7 SP1 to Windows 10 Upgrade Successful - Some Good News: I just wanted to post some good news that might be encouraging to others. I have been in the insiders program with my custom built test system since the beginning and have watched Windows become more and more stable over time. I build of all of my PCs myself and consider...
  10. Has anyone successfully installed the 10 upgrade?

in Windows 10 Support
    Has anyone successfully installed the 10 upgrade?: Has anyone successfully installed the 10 upgrade? And if you have, was the install glitch free? 9401