Windows 10: Has anyone used "Offline NT Password & Registry Editor" on Windows 10?

Discus and support Has anyone used "Offline NT Password & Registry Editor" on Windows 10? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The latest version of "Offline NT Password & Registry Editor" dates from early 2014, and the newest version of Windows mentioned is 8.1. I wonder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JohnGray, Jan 2, 2016.

1. JohnGray Win User

Has anyone used "Offline NT Password & Registry Editor" on Windows 10?

The latest version of "Offline NT Password & Registry Editor" dates from early 2014, and the newest version of Windows mentioned is 8.1.

I wonder whether anyone has used it successfully on Windows 10 (presumably for local, non-Microsoft, accounts)?

:)

JohnGray, Jan 2, 2016

2. Bypassing Password Protection With Windows 10

Hello GLD69,

if the software of your fingerprint reader mimics the password mechanism of Windows, you might have some success using the "Offline NT Password & Registry Editor" found here: Offline Windows Password & Registry Editor

I can't promise compatibility with Windows 10, though.

Best regards.

PhilipHagenbruch, Jan 2, 2016
  3. TonyPD Win User
    Windows Password

I'm nervous about removing the PIN signin in case I can't reset it without having to specify the unknown password. However, I have tried doing a password change having logged in with my PIN and the first thing is asks for is the existing password. Seems
    a little over protective. I keep hitting the same brick wall.

I have found a free utility which resets your password to blank (Offline NT Password & Registry Editor on www.thewindowsclub.com) which I am now trying.

TonyPD, Jan 2, 2016
Thema:

Has anyone used "Offline NT Password & Registry Editor" on Windows 10?

1. Has anyone used "Offline NT Password & Registry Editor" on Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Has anyone used

2. Missing window NT in registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing window NT in registry: Tried to locate "hkey_local_machine\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\networklist\profiles" in registry windows 11 but there is only Window and not Windows NT. So how do I find it?...
  3. Missing window NT in registry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing window NT in registry: Tried to locate "hkey_local_machine\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\networklist\profiles" in registry windows 11 but there is only Window and not Windows NT. So how do I find it?...
  4. How to disable Save Password option in Edge using Registry Editor on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Save Password option in Edge using Registry Editor on Windows 10: This post will guide you on how to disable the Save Password option in Microsoft Edge using Registry Editor. Microsoft Edge is among the popular web browsers and comes with a built-in Password Manager. If you use Edge, you might have seen a popup asking you to save your...
  5. registry editor menu has changed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    registry editor menu has changed: When I open 'regedit' in 'run' the usual HKEY>list does not appear. The left side pane shows only HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT followed by a long alphabetized list of coded words which is gibberish to me. This is not the way registry editor previously displayed when set to run'. What...
  6. Windows 10 Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Registry Editor: I have a problem, in Registry Editor I have modified target for exe files "%1"%* now I cannot open any exe file, i cannot run cmd nor registry editor what should I do to fix this?...
  7. Password Reset with Offline Password & Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Password Reset with Offline Password & Registry Editor: Does this tool support Windows 10? A lot of folks suggest this tool for password reset but it seems not working on my ThinkPad laptop with Windows 10. At the final step, I typed 1 to clear the password but it says password can not be blanked. submitted by /u/frankzzk...
  8. Windows 10 Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Registry Editor: I have created registry to personalise fonts style Given below but when i applied its says "You can only import binary registry files from within the resistry editor". what is the issue? [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts] "Segoe UI...
  9. Bitlocker with TPM and Offline Password Editor

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker with TPM and Offline Password Editor: Hi, If I enable Bitlocker with TPM (i.e. no passcode required on boot-up), and I have the Local Administrator account enabled on the machine (with my normal user account as a standard account), would it be possible for someone with a Hirens Boot CD blank/reset the Local...
  10. BBCode offline editor for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BBCode offline editor for Windows 10: Anyone know a good BBCode editor for Windows 10, the once i found seem a bit doggy. I like BBCode a lot, but i also get a lot of "beating" for my incorrect spelling, some "Mods" other other forums, are very annoyed by the fact, my grammar and punctuation looks like well it...