Windows 10: Has Microsoft Changed how they conduct the whole Update process?

Discus and support Has Microsoft Changed how they conduct the whole Update process? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; The problem I am having started with the Windows 10 Creator update version 1709. Before when MS Windows 10 new version XXXX I would get a message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by 1ThursdayJC, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Has Microsoft Changed how they conduct the whole Update process?

The problem I am having started with the Windows 10 Creator update version 1709.

Before when MS Windows 10 new version XXXX I would get a message that updates are needed to be installed. "Do you want to restart now or I would be given the option to do it in an hour, 4 hours and so on.

Now what happens (if I am using File Manager) the whole system will be sluggish. Files will take forever to change names or moving files from one folder to another will take 10-15 seconds. This alerts me that Microsoft is hot and bothered and wants me to restart my computer and install this new update. So I start the process. I click on the power button and it states that updates will be installed and the computer will restart.

Everything will work as expected and the update will restart the computer and show the login screen. Once I login it now goes through another process of processing the updates. Once finished it goes back to the Login screen. I login once again and another blasted process needs to take place something about "processing personal settings.". Now it returns me to my desktop screen.

Before the Creator update Microsoft would restart the computer several times and do the whole download or unzip the file then reboot and start the process of processing the update then reboot again and finally give me BACK CONTROL OF MY DESKTOP!!!!!!!!

I try to do the upgrade process at night while I am asleep so the next morning my computer is READY FOR ME not Microsoft.

Thanks to this new process i missed out on seeing a golf tournament online because Microsoft had control of my computer for about 1.5 hours that day. I had automatically assumed when I logged in that I would be able to use my computer. I was wrong.

I know there is a switch were I can use my login screen to finish the update process. I do Not want that option. I want the updating and processing and unzipping be done so when I wake up MY COMPUTER is ready for me not under MICROSOFT's CONTROL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Am I asking toooooooooooooooooooo much!!!!

:)

1ThursdayJC, Mar 16, 2018

2. Wikileaks CIA spying

It was revealed today that Windows has a backdoor for the CIA to spy on every person who has it installed on their pc. Does Microsoft have a statement on this? Is this how they plan to conduct business?

ShawnSilvia, Mar 16, 2018
  3. Update KB3140741 -- No Menu / Start available

This update is displayed in my windows update. If it has caused this many problems, why don't Microsoft remove it to be downloaded so that further tests can be conducted?

Grtz,

FreeknotBE, Mar 16, 2018
  4. jamis Win User

Has Microsoft Changed how they conduct the whole Update process?

Do you have the "Active Hours" setting configured correctly on the Windows Update page in Settings? I have had it changed by WU occasionally, along with other system settings.

jamis, Mar 17, 2018
Thema:

Has Microsoft Changed how they conduct the whole Update process?

1. Has Microsoft Changed how they conduct the whole Update process? - Similar Threads - Has Microsoft Changed

2. How to stop microsoft processes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop microsoft processes: Every time AI.exe processes start, it makes my computer un-useable for a couple of hours. How do we stop these bad microsoft processes from starting up ? I continually kill AI.exe but it keeps coming back.THis is a critical issue, as I cannot use my computer....
  3. How to stop microsoft processes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop microsoft processes: Every time AI.exe processes start, it makes my computer un-useable for a couple of hours. How do we stop these bad microsoft processes from starting up ? I continually kill AI.exe but it keeps coming back.THis is a critical issue, as I cannot use my computer....
  4. Has Microsoft Store update notification functionality changed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Has Microsoft Store update notification functionality changed?: Has Microsoft Store update notification functionality recently changed in Windows 11? I update the Store and the apps by manually checking updates through the Store, but lately I have not noticed any notifications pop up when the updates are happening like in the past. I have...
  5. Has Microsoft Store update notification functionality changed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Has Microsoft Store update notification functionality changed?: Has Microsoft Store update notification functionality recently changed in Windows 11? I update the Store and the apps by manually checking updates through the Store, but lately I have not noticed any notifications pop up when the updates are happening like in the past. I have...
  6. Windows Update?? Whole Layout has changed...

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Update?? Whole Layout has changed...: Im not sure if this was a new update, im the only one in my family with this at the moment however. My whole windows layout has changed. I used to be able to see the desktop background with the icons i could click on etc. When i pressed start it would simply pop up in the...
  7. microsoft has my old email how to change it?

in Windows 10 Customization
    microsoft has my old email how to change it?: how to change my old email address for Microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-has-my-old-email-how-to-change-it/2b6bddc4-1df9-426a-a610-1c13edb42252
  8. Twitter updating rules against hateful conduct

in Windows 10 News
    Twitter updating rules against hateful conduct: We create our rules to keep people safe on Twitter, and they continuously evolve to reflect the realities of the world we operate within. Our primary focus is on addressing the risks of offline harm, and research* shows that dehumanizing language increases that risk. As a...
  9. Network Conductivity

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Conductivity: I have a Windows 10 PC connected to my home network by ethernet and a Windows 7 PC connected by WIFI. The Win10 machine is set to private and Network Discovery is on as is File Sharing. I have tried the Win 7 PC as both Home and Work Networks and n both cases the Win10...
  10. An update changed my whole customized settings, can't change it back

in Windows 10 Support
    An update changed my whole customized settings, can't change it back: Hey guys, my windows (10) was updated by himself and a lot of my settings were changed. Some I fixed and some I failed too. Can you help me change it back? I search for solution on the tutorial form but didnt find. 1. My colour settings were changed - from pure white to...