Windows 10: Has MS changed it's naming conventions for services, or are these strange looking services...

Discus and support Has MS changed it's naming conventions for services, or are these strange looking services... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; After having to re-install my WIndows 10 Pro I noticed after one of the updates that there are a number of new services that do not comply with the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ssscottstewartsss, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Has MS changed it's naming conventions for services, or are these strange looking services...

After having to re-install my WIndows 10 Pro I noticed after one of the updates that there are a number of new services that do not comply with the normal microsoft naming conventions. Would you please reassure me that these new suspicious looking services are bona fide and are a correct part of one of the Windows 10 updates.
    here are the names of the suspicious services...
    Bluetooth User Support Service_15fa272 - BluetoothUserService_15fa272
    CaptureService_15fa272
    Contact Data_15fa272 - PimIndexMaintenanceSvc_15fa272
    DevicePickerUserSvc_15fa272 - DevicePicker_15fa272
    DevicesFlowUserSvc_15fa272 - DevicesFlow_15fa272
    MessagingService_15fa272
    PrintWorkflowUserSvc_15fa272 - PrintWorkflow_15fa272
    OneSyncSvc_15fa272 - Sync Host_15fa272
    UserDataSvc_15fa272 - User Data Access_15fa272
    User Data Storage_15fa272 - UnistoreSvc_15fa272
    Another worrying fact about these seemingly rogue services is that they cannot be set to "disabled" or in any other manner de-activated. THis apart from the obvious that these represent all the functions a hacker would want if they were attempting to gain control of your device and access any or all of the functions that maintain operability.

:)

ssscottstewartsss, Sep 4, 2018

2. services policy naming conventions in WIndows 10 updates

recently I had to re-install windows 10 due to some issues I was having. After doing so, I noticed and documented several services that had a new naming convention. Specifically, the new suspicious services had names that included a series of lowercase
    alpha numeric characters, contrary to the naming policy conventions of the past. Are these bona-fide services, that should be part of the latest set of WIndows 10 updates?

ssscottstewartsss, Sep 4, 2018
  3. Services Problem

For future reference , blackviper also contains a list of default settings in case you can`t remember changing a service. There are TONS of guides and references like this on the web if you don`t like blackviper.

francis511, Sep 4, 2018
  4. bilateral Win User

Has MS changed it's naming conventions for services, or are these strange looking services...

Is the "System and Compressed Memory Service" gone? Changed names?

I started reading threads on System and Compressed Memory because of researching high memory and disk usage, but then I realized that I've never seen this process listed in Task Manager on my system (a Toshiba i7 laptop with 4 GB of RAM.) I also checked Services, and I don't see it listed there either? Has MS removed this service from Win 7 in recent months, or changed the name? (In all the threads I've seen, no mention of that it being removed from Win 10.)

Michael

bilateral, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

Has MS changed it's naming conventions for services, or are these strange looking services...

1. Has MS changed it's naming conventions for services, or are these strange looking services... - Similar Threads - Has changed naming

2. Screenshot naming conventions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screenshot naming conventions: Why are screenshots named "Screenshot #" instead of the previous, longtime convention of including the date and time in the filename? This convention is also followed by many cell phone manufacturers for both their photos and their screenshots.The same question was asked...
  3. Screenshot naming conventions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screenshot naming conventions: Why are screenshots named "Screenshot #" instead of the previous, longtime convention of including the date and time in the filename? This convention is also followed by many cell phone manufacturers for both their photos and their screenshots.The same question was asked...
  4. Strange service name is P9rdrServices in services window 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange service name is P9rdrServices in services window 11.: I think I have been hacked through my phone which already hacked in case. When I using hotspot from my phone to connect to my laptop then strange service P9rdrServices_a1dbc with description is "enables trigger-starting plan9 file servers".I opened the properties of the...
  5. Strange service name is P9rdrServices in services window 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange service name is P9rdrServices in services window 11.: I think I have been hacked through my phone which already hacked in case. When I using hotspot from my phone to connect to my laptop then strange service P9rdrServices_a1dbc with description is "enables trigger-starting plan9 file servers".I opened the properties of the...
  6. strange entries in services

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    strange entries in services: [ATTACH] When I open services page I noticed there are some strange entries, as you can see from the screenshot there are some entries ended in 6dd8d3 like AarSvc_6dd8d3, BluetoothUserService_6dd8d3 and others. What are those ? are they virus ?...
  7. Strange named services, anyone else have these?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange named services, anyone else have these?: Clipboard User Service_3babe , CDPUserSvc_3babe, AarSvc_3babe and windows 10 connected devices platform user service_ 3 babe? submitted by /u/CollateralJustice [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ika9se/strange_named_services_anyone_else_have_these/
  8. Strange Microsoft services with names ending in _3d7d7

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange Microsoft services with names ending in _3d7d7: I was checking the task manager when I saw some system processes, ones made by Microsoft (digital signatures are ok), and found services (10 or more) that have a strange naming scheme. C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe: CDPUserSvc_3d7d7 ConsentUxUserSvc_3d7d7 cbdhsvc_3d7d7...
  9. Services has has number in the end of the name

in Windows 10 Support
    Services has has number in the end of the name: As attached screenshot, some service names have numbers in the end of the name. Can anyone explain why is that? Is it a issue? I'm running Windows 10 1809. [img] 123817
  10. services policy naming conventions in WIndows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    services policy naming conventions in WIndows 10 updates: recently I had to re-install windows 10 due to some issues I was having. After doing so, I noticed and documented several services that had a new naming convention. Specifically, the new suspicious services had names that included a series of lowercase alpha numeric...