Windows 10: Has MS figure out why Left Alt key in stuck in start-up, make it impossible to use computer...

Discus and support Has MS figure out why Left Alt key in stuck in start-up, make it impossible to use computer... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; What is all these garbage updates (zillions of them all the time) to OS, when it can't fix a simple bug?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KwangYi, Jul 24, 2018.

1. KwangYi Win User

Has MS figure out why Left Alt key in stuck in start-up, make it impossible to use computer...

What is all these garbage updates (zillions of them all the time) to OS, when it can't fix a simple bug?

:)

KwangYi, Jul 24, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jul 24, 2018
  3. Alt Key is stuck on

my key board is stuck on alt. how do i unstick the alt key?

BELINDAGROVE, Jul 24, 2018
  4. Has MS figure out why Left Alt key in stuck in start-up, make it impossible to use computer...

Alt Key is stuck on

I have a custom built pc that has been working fine for many years. I recently ran into a problem that I am having issues determining the issue. Approximately 3 to 5 min after a successful login, my alt keys will register that it is stuck on. I have
    verified this by using the on screen keyboard, and both alt keys are registering as active. I have uninstalled the keyboard and left it disconnected and the key is still being registered as active on the on screen keyboard. I have completed a clean reinstall
    of windows 10 have ended back up where I started. I have played with the sticky key settings turning them all on, and back off. The issue with the on screen keyboard having the same issue has got me convinced it is a software problem, I just don't know where
    to start. If i logout and back in again I can use the computer for a while, but the symptom eventually shows up again. Any help would be appreciated.

Andrew Butcher, Jul 24, 2018
Thema:

Has MS figure out why Left Alt key in stuck in start-up, make it impossible to use computer...

1. Has MS figure out why Left Alt key in stuck in start-up, make it impossible to use computer... - Similar Threads - Has figure why

2. Left Control Key Stuck

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Left Control Key Stuck: I've looked through several other articles about the same issue where the computer is reacting as if my control ket is being held down. I have tried various methods of shortcuts such as pressing left and right control simultaneously and making sure sticky keys are disabled....
  3. why can't i figure this out?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why can't i figure this out?: i bought a copy of windows 11 from Microsoft's website, but when i installed it it just gave me a better version of windows 10. i can't figure it out thru the updates section either. what am i missing or forgetting?...
  4. why can't i figure this out?

why can't i figure this out?: i bought a copy of windows 11 from Microsoft's website, but when i installed it it just gave me a better version of windows 10. i can't figure it out thru the updates section either. what am i missing or forgetting?...
  5. Left arrow key suddenly has "Ctrl Alt Del" assigned

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left arrow key suddenly has "Ctrl Alt Del" assigned: My left arrow key is suddenly acting all funky and It seems to have the "Ctrl Alt Del" assigned to it despite me never adding a shortcut to my keys ever.Here's what I have done to try to narrow down the problem:- Tried unplugging and restarting- Turned off hotkeys in...
  6. Left arrow key suddenly has "Ctrl Alt Del" assigned

Left arrow key suddenly has "Ctrl Alt Del" assigned: My left arrow key is suddenly acting all funky and It seems to have the "Ctrl Alt Del" assigned to it despite me never adding a shortcut to my keys ever.Here's what I have done to try to narrow down the problem:- Tried unplugging and restarting- Turned off hotkeys in...
  7. Figuring out why a powerful simulation computer keeps freezing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Figuring out why a powerful simulation computer keeps freezing: Good day! I'm having trouble with a powerful simulation computer we use to do simulations in an academic setting. I have been experiencing that for some heavy simulations, the computer will freeze. That is to say, everything on screen becomes frozen and unresponsive. No...
  8. PASSWORD RECOVERY PROBLEM; near impossible to figure out WHY

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PASSWORD RECOVERY PROBLEM; near impossible to figure out WHY: 09/18/2020 My like new laptop sat unused for about 8 months. Im not sure how important that bit of information is however the problem is mostly about forgetting my passwordS. The cell phone number associated with my account gets poor reception but it does get some That...
  9. Computer keeps bluescreening and I can't figure out why?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer keeps bluescreening and I can't figure out why?: Hi, I recently built a new PC and installed Windows 10. Ever since my installation I have been having random BSOD errors and I can't figure out what is going wrong. The error message I get is "CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION", but all of my drivers are up to date, and running...
  10. Alt-key stuck

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Alt-key stuck: Hey all, I'm having a problem where my alt-key seems to be active all of the time. The alt key is pressed down whether or not I have a keyboard physically connected. Meaning when I use the On Screen Keyboard it displays it as pressed down. I checked and do not have...