Windows 10: Has my PC updated to 1803 or not?

Discus and support Has my PC updated to 1803 or not? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I'm afraid I'm a little confused. After the first failed attempt to install the 1803 update I'm not sure if the update has installed on the second... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Mayfly, May 25, 2018.

1. Mayfly Win User

Has my PC updated to 1803 or not?

I'm afraid I'm a little confused.
    After the first failed attempt to install the 1803 update I'm not sure if the update has installed on the second attempt or not (despite me trying to stop it), however the 2nd attempt didn't cause any problems.

Update History says:
    Feature updates (2)
    Feature update to Windows 10, version1803
    Requires restart to finish installing

Windows spec
    Version 1709 (OS build 16299.431)

PC working just as it was before.

I'm guessing it hasn't installed and isn't going to? tho' I haven't any failure notices and the PC has been rebooted since the install attempt.

:)

Mayfly, May 25, 2018

2. update 1803

Hi mian muddassir inayat,

There are certain laptop models and computer components that are not fully compatible with the latest Windows version (Windows 1803). Our developers are aware of this and may release an update to address the issue as soon as possible. With that said, we do
    not suggest to force upgrade a device that has compatibility issues. Please answer the following so we can check for options on how we can help you with your concern:

• What is the make and model of your PC?
    • How did you upgrade your computer to Windows 1803?
    • Did you get any error messages?
    • Do you have a 3rd party antivirus installed on your PC?

Normally, if your PC meets the requirements for the upgrade, it will be offered to you. If your PC doesn't have an incompatible hardware, then we can proceed with troubleshooting steps.

Gemzon Mar, May 25, 2018
  3. Carlo Fer Win User
    windows 10 version 1803 welcome screen?

Hello Jim,

The Windows Welcome experience will only be shown after installation of updates and occasionally when you sign in to highlight what's new and suggested by design. For more information about the new features and content of Windows 10 1803, please refer to
    these support articles. It also includes a video that summarizes the new content in this release:

Also, make sure that the Windows welcome experience is enabled on your PC. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings > System > Notifications & actions.
    • Under Notifications, toggle the switch On "Show me the Windows welcome experience after updates and occasionally when I sign in to highlight what's new and suggested".

Hope this information helps, feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Carlo Fer, May 25, 2018
Thema:

Has my PC updated to 1803 or not?

1. Has my PC updated to 1803 or not? - Similar Threads - Has updated 1803

2. The newest update has killed my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The newest update has killed my PC: The newest up day has killed my PC I installed and keept getting that windows runner you know that thing that runs the task bar and opens files basically the thing that lets you interact with windows would not load for I tried restoring it and resetting it to default and now...
  3. Latest update has ruined my pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latest update has ruined my pc: Every time it installs, my pc hard reboots about 3-4 times then takes me to failed to start up screen so I go to troubleshoot it and it just uninstalls the update. Then it crashes again after a while and repeats the same process and uninstalls another update (idk if its the...
  4. My PC won't update from 1803 to 1903.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My PC won't update from 1803 to 1903.: My PC won't update from 1803. I had MS online help and they installed the media creation 1909 tool. Once the update hits 60%, it says there was a problem and uninstalls the update. I'm out of ideas....
  5. 1803 update on window 10 crashes my pc

1803 update on window 10 crashes my pc: 3 times so far my pc crashes with this blue screen with window error and restarts when it fixed do not how 2 block it plus we turn off the update window 10 so i do not why is still going though and i go bk on resetting b4 this update and it auto...
  6. Update 1803 Installation has failed several times

Update 1803 Installation has failed several times: As my subject says, 1803 won't install. Where do I find the error code? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-1803-installation-has-failed-several-times/57c635c7-c0cd-41de-a190-5d039b179ace
  7. Microsoft update has destroyed my pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft update has destroyed my pc: This is making me sick in my stomach. You guys make it impossible to sue you then you ruin everyone's PC I think maybe I will open a RICO case on you friggin ass and see if that sticks....
  8. 1803 Update

1803 Update: How do I do the 1803Update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/1803-update/5cbb514f-d6ab-416b-9f92-3c07b64c56b9
  9. Feature Update 1803 has slowed down my PC. Need Help!

Feature Update 1803 has slowed down my PC. Need Help!: My previous version of windows was faster but this current version 1803 is very slow. It lags the system. Machine hangs at times. Alt+Ctrl+Del stops working. Have to resort to power off and on. Start menu is not transparent I am even unable to remove the updates from...
  10. Update to 1803 Has Taken all Day.

Update to 1803 Has Taken all Day.: I'm at a loss now. My laptop has been updating to 1803 since noon today and it is no 8:30 PM. I rand the update troubleshooter and that didn't help. I ran SFC and it didn't find any errors. Anything else I can do like throw the laptop in the trash?????...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my laptop did the 1803 update overnight and now the screen wont turn on