Windows 10: Has the Media Creation Tool been UPDATED to the Anniversary Release?

Discus and support Has the Media Creation Tool been UPDATED to the Anniversary Release? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hell All! I'm new here and I'm already looking forward learning a lot from everyone. I have 4 computers in my little apartment here and they are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RoyBoyDenver, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Has the Media Creation Tool been UPDATED to the Anniversary Release?

Hell All!

I'm new here and I'm already looking forward learning a lot from everyone.

I have 4 computers in my little apartment here and they are all running Windows 10 Build 10586. A couple of these machines are going to have some issues with the new update, so I'm coming here for some advice and help as I go through the process.

I would like to update them all using the Media Creation Tool. That tool will JUST update my Windows 10 installs, right? So my 1st question ... Is the current tool available for download on the Microsoft site the most current build? I had the Tool on a USB flash drive since last September and have used it on several computers ( Mine and others ), and last weekend I downloaded it again on a different flash drive. From what I've read, I'm guessing that it IS the new build, but I've also read that there are some problems with this Anniversary release. Will Microsoft be releasing fixes for some of these Anniversary release problems and will they then be updating the downloadable Tool? Should I wait and download it again in a day or two?

OK, on to my 2nd question ... My main CPU (BigBoyDell) has some real problems with my User Profiles that I can not seem to resolve. I've decided that my best course to fix the current issues is to do a Clean Install from the MCT of this new build. The problem - or situation is that this CPU is Dual Core with (now) 4gig of memory and is capable of running the 64 bit, but it is currently installed with the 32 bit software. It is Activated and has it's digital entitlement. A clean install is suppose to accept that entitlement. But will changing from 32bit to the 64bit foul that up and cause me problems when the dust settles and my baby is ready to walk again? Does anyone have an opinion on this or know for a fact; "That should be NO PROBLEM Roy, go ahead and DO IT!" You know that's what I want to hear.

Anyway ... Thanks in advance for any advice anyone can give me on this. I'll be back real soon with other install questions and problems that I already know I'm facing. You know, sometimes my biggest problem is, I know just enough of what I'm doing to get me into some real trouble. And I'm then glad you are here.

I'll be reading you
    RoyBoy

:)

RoyBoyDenver, Aug 10, 2016
  2. nkuma2171 Win User

Is possible to do Clean Install the Anniversary update of Windows 10

Hey Jaya, Yes you can. The installation media has been updated to windows 10 to the anniversary update. Once you download the in media install media creation tool you can convert your flash drive to bootable media or create .ISO
    File. Once you created either both you can easily clean install Windows 10 anniversary update. If you experience any issue a page exists on the web which has elaborated How
    to Clean Install Windows 10 Anniversary Update

nkuma2171, Aug 10, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Anniversary Update1607 14393.10.

Though I am sure that Media creation tool supplies 1607 now,(you must have used Media creation tool when Anniversary update wasn't released), use the website given here to download ISO through browser:

Download Windows 10 Anniversary update ISO files

You will see the file being downloaded has 1607 label.

Sumit Dhiman2, Aug 10, 2016
  4. Cliff S New Member

Has the Media Creation Tool been UPDATED to the Anniversary Release?

---Yes(14393.0 let it search for updates to include the cumulative update to 14393.51, and it will install during the clean install)

Not if your machine is capable to run 64bit OS's.

Cliff S, Aug 10, 2016
  5. cereberus Win User
    Q1 - you have to create usb stick again using latest version of media creation tool (each verdion is OS major version specific).

Q2 - unless pc is only 32 bit, it should be fine. At 4GB it is marginal whether it is worth going to 64 but on balance better. Recommend upgrading to 8GB minimum for 64 bit.

cereberus, Aug 10, 2016
  6. Thank you guys for the response ....

Cereberus, I am aware that the 4 gig of memory is on the low end and marginal for running the 64 bit version. I just thought it would be the time to do the switch while I do the clean install on that machine. And I gather from both of you that I should have no problems with my Digital Entitlement being transferred to the new software.

And - That is the only machine I'm going to do a clean install on. My other CPU's will get just the upgrade to the Anniversary Edition from the Media Creation Tool. As of late on Thursday night (8/11) none of my computers have received the upgrade from Microsoft so I'm going to go for it myself with the tool.

The computer that I'm using right now is a Dell Inspiron Laptop. I have attempted to install the upgrade twice now directly from the Microsoft site, BUT .... each time the install has failed because I do not have enough room for the install. This Laptop has a 30gig SSD drive, which is really BARE BONES System / Boot / Program stuff. It has about 9 gig of free space, and the install tells me I need 20 gig of free space. So that is why I want to attempt the upgrade using my USB Media Creation Tool. If that does not work, then I'll be back here for more help in getting this Anniversary Upgrade installed on this machine.

Thanks again - I'll be reading ya,

Cereberus

RoyBoyDenver, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Has the Media Creation Tool been UPDATED to the Anniversary Release?

1. Has the Media Creation Tool been UPDATED to the Anniversary Release? - Similar Threads - Has Media Creation

2. media creation tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    media creation tool: how do i fix media creation tool it keeps crashing when i open it without any error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-creation-tool/3740294e-2b85-48de-a678-e7f03ee46369
  3. Media Creation Tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Media Creation Tool: I'm having an issue with the media creation tool where it won't install or even give me a list of usb drives at all. Even if I tried running it from inside the usb flash drive it still says the same thing "you need 8 gb of available space on Windows :C". I'm having this issue...
  4. Media creation tool.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media creation tool.: Yes, I have successfully downloaded the tool and Windows 10. All I did was click on a link that someone posted and BAM the media creation tool and Windows 10 were downloaded! Thanks! *^^*...
  5. Media creation tool

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Media creation tool: So i know i can use this tool to update my pc to latest but will i keep all my settings and preferences? Havent updated my pc in 3 years so figured this is a better way to do it. submitted by /u/AwesomePicMan [link] [comments]...
  6. Media Creation Tool updated

Media Creation Tool updated: I just wanted to pass on a bit of info to the forum. The Media Creation Tool 1903 version has been updated to build 18362.418 on Microsoft website 143017
  7. Windows 10 Media Creation tool keeps giving me anniversary update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Media Creation tool keeps giving me anniversary update.: I want to create a bootable USB drive to recover windows, but the media creation tool keeps giving me the anniversary update, any know how to get the 1511 update instead of the 1607? 62229
  8. Does the Media Creation tool ISO contain the Anniversary Update yet?

Does the Media Creation tool ISO contain the Anniversary Update yet?: My windows 10 machine fails to install the anniversary update and overall is a lot less stable from when the same machine was running Windows 7. Most of the time coming out of sleep mode fails where as on Win 7 I never had this issue. Anyways I want to do a fresh...
  9. Windows 10 Media Creation tool keeps giving me anniversary update.

Windows 10 Media Creation tool keeps giving me anniversary update.: I want to create a bootable USB drive to recover windows, but the media creation tool keeps giving me the anniversary update, any know how to get the 1511 update instead of the 1607? 62227
  10. Track releases on the Media Creation Tool?

Track releases on the Media Creation Tool?: Hello, Is there a way I can track the ISO releases on the Media Creation Tool?I mean, most of the times I download a ISO from the Media Creation Tool, I late realize that a new version has not be released and I have downloaded the version I already have.Please let me know if...