Windows 10: Has there been a lack of windows spotlight images for you i am being shown the same...

Discus and support Has there been a lack of windows spotlight images for you i am being shown the same... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Has there been a lack of windows spotlight images for you i am being shown the same pictures again and again and i rarely see new pictures... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Rayaan KhanOC, Feb 27, 2024.

1. Has there been a lack of windows spotlight images for you i am being shown the same...

Has there been a lack of windows spotlight images for you i am being shown the same pictures again and again and i rarely see new pictures

:)

Rayaan KhanOC, Feb 27, 2024
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Spotlight

Hi,

Windows spotlight is an option for the lock screen background that displays different background images and occasionally offers suggestions on the lock screen. For us to better isolate your concern, we'd like to gather more information:

• Is there a way for you to provide us a screenshot?
    • Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Are you able to use spotlight before?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps to modify Lock screen background to spotlight:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Personalization and select Lock screen.
    • Under Background, choose Windows spotlight.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Feb 27, 2024
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    Windows spotlight images (Lock screen)

I updated this to fix an issue where images already in the folder would be swapped back to no extension making them unreadable again.

CODE:
    Spoiler Code: @Echo off title Spotlight Image Converter v2 cls :checkPrivileges :: Check for Admin by accessing protected stuff. This calls net(#).exe and can stall if we don't kill it later. NET FILE 1>NUL 2>NUL if '%errorlevel%' == '0' ( goto menu) else ( goto getPrivileges ) :getPrivileges :: Write vbs in temp to call batch as admin. if '%1'=='ELEV' (shift & goto menu) for /f "delims=: tokens=*" %%A in ('findstr /b ::- "%~f0"') do @Echo(%%A setlocal DisableDelayedExpansion set "batchPath=%~0" setlocal EnableDelayedExpansion Echo Set UAC = CreateObject^("Shell.Application"^) > "%temp%\OEgetPrivileges.vbs" Echo UAC.ShellExecute "!batchPath!", "ELEV", "", "runas", 1 >> "%temp%\OEgetPrivileges.vbs" "%temp%\OEgetPrivileges.vbs" exit /B :menu Echo Windows 10 Lock screen image converter Echo. Echo Brought to you by Solaris17 of TPU Echo. Echo This will make a folder on your desktop called "Spotlight" Echo. Echo It will copy the lockscreen images to the folder then convert them to JPEG format. Echo. Echo Let me know when you are ready. Echo. Pause goto copy :copy @Echo off CLS Echo. Echo Converting and copy in progress... Echo. mkdir "%userprofile%\Desktop\Spotlight" > nul 2>&1 mkdir "%userprofile%\Desktop\Spotlight\Converted" > nul 2>&1 timeout 5 >nul robocopy %userprofile%\appdata\local\packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\Assets\ "%userprofile%\Desktop\Spotlight" /copyall /E > nul 2>&1 ren %userprofile%\Desktop\Spotlight\* *.jpg > nul 2>&1 move "%userprofile%\Desktop\Spotlight\*.jpg" "%userprofile%\Desktop\Spotlight\Converted" > nul 2>&1 Echo Done!! Echo. pause[/quote]

Solaris17, Feb 27, 2024
  4. Has there been a lack of windows spotlight images for you i am being shown the same...

How to fix problems with lock screen images (Windows Spotlight)

This Windows 10 Tip
    highlights the Windows Spotlight setting, which automatically uploads beautiful images of scenery daily from around the world for the background on the lock screen.

What steps should I try if I’m having trouble with Windows Spotlight?
    For example, what should I do if:

• The Windows Spotlight image doesn’t appear on the lock screen.
    • The Windows Spotlight image doesn’t appear on the sign-in screen.
    • The Windows Spotlight option doesn’t appear in my lock screen settings.
    • The Windows Spotlight image isn’t changing. (It shows the same image every day.)

Meliton Dec, Feb 27, 2024
Thema:

Has there been a lack of windows spotlight images for you i am being shown the same...

1. Has there been a lack of windows spotlight images for you i am being shown the same... - Similar Threads - Has been lack

2. So, my windows spotlight images have not been changing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So, my windows spotlight images have not been changing.: For the last month or two, I've been stuck on 4 images of a bamboo forest, a cove near the sea somewhere, a cliffside town, and a pier leading into the sea. I thought this was odd and went googling, I've now tried network reset, installing various fixes and none of them are...
  3. So, my windows spotlight images have not been changing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    So, my windows spotlight images have not been changing.: For the last month or two, I've been stuck on 4 images of a bamboo forest, a cove near the sea somewhere, a cliffside town, and a pier leading into the sea. I thought this was odd and went googling, I've now tried network reset, installing various fixes and none of them are...
  4. Has there been a lack of windows spotlight images for you i am being shown the same...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Has there been a lack of windows spotlight images for you i am being shown the same...: Has there been a lack of windows spotlight images for you i am being shown the same pictures again and again and i rarely see new pictures https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/has-there-been-a-lack-of-windows-spotlight-images/f279d224-7cea-4780-a510-0cd1c16e3e3a
  5. Windows Spotlight desktop backgrounds have been the same for weeks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Spotlight desktop backgrounds have been the same for weeks: The four images have remained the same for weeks now. Is this a bug, or are they supposed to stay like this? Is there a way to fix it? Spotlight works fine for the lock screen, but is there a way to get different images for the desktop? These might be stupid questions, but...
  6. Windows Spotlight desktop backgrounds have been the same for weeks

Windows Spotlight desktop backgrounds have been the same for weeks: The four images have remained the same for weeks now. Is this a bug, or are they supposed to stay like this? Is there a way to fix it? Spotlight works fine for the lock screen, but is there a way to get different images for the desktop?...
  7. Paint not printing the same as image shown in preview

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Paint not printing the same as image shown in preview: I'm tearing my hair out with this stupid Paint app!I have a scanned image which I am trying to print- it is a copy of my till which needs replacing, so I need it to be exactly the right size or the buttons won't match up. I have adjusted the paper size to A4 and reduced the...
  8. Paint not printing the same as image shown in preview

Paint not printing the same as image shown in preview: I'm tearing my hair out with this stupid Paint app!I have a scanned image which I am trying to print- it is a copy of my till which needs replacing, so I need it to be exactly the right size or the buttons won't match up. I have adjusted the paper size to A4 and reduced the...
  9. Windows Spotlight images

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Spotlight images: Why are all the photos I see from the US and Europe? How do I broaden the range to include countries in Africa, Asia, Oceania, South America etc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-spotlight-images/4e07d6d6-d545-4898-880b-3f1fe0191041
  10. Windows Spotlight: what pictures are shown?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Spotlight: what pictures are shown?: Hi, I have a question concerning Windows Spotlight: the pictures I see, are different from the pictures my colleagues see. How come? E.g., I never see animals on my lock screen, whereas some of my colleagues do. How are the pictures chosen? Kind regards Stijn Bousard...