Windows 10: Haswell HD4200 - no HDMI driver - how to force install?

Discus and support Haswell HD4200 - no HDMI driver - how to force install? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; guys i have a lenovo yoga 2 with haswell i5-4202y, HD4200, and neither the Audio driver for the device [conexant... very buggy drivers] nor the Intel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by cognus, Sep 4, 2015.

1. cognus Win User

Haswell HD4200 - no HDMI driver - how to force install?

guys i have a lenovo yoga 2 with haswell i5-4202y, HD4200, and neither the Audio driver for the device [conexant... very buggy drivers] nor the Intel install package result in a HDMI Audio Device being installed.
    At one time, I think it was under Windows 8.1, it had such. Now, no such luck.

I just downloaded and installed a relatively new driver package from Intel dated 8/12, but it still did not install HDMI device even though the log shows otherwise [the Intel log I mean.]

Regular audio via speakers and/or headphone jack works ok.

any way to force the install?

:)

cognus, Sep 4, 2015
  2. assaf_877 Win User

windows\system32\atibtmon.exe

How to do Re-installing ATI video driver .

Windows 10 64-Bit

ATI Redeon HD4200

AMD P540

assaf_877, Sep 4, 2015
  3. unable to open any app. on win 10

My problem started after I 'forced' 'Surround View' by combining my AMD
    HD6970 HD5850 and HD4200 (integrated) with legacy drivers AND adjust the BIOS settings accordingly (Motherboard: Asrock
    M3A785GXH/128M).

I changed to BIOS back to the original settings, restored my PC to a self-made restore point and reinstalled the latest GPU driver. Problem fixed.

However.., this experience drastically lowered my exactions from Windows 10 at this time..

Maximus Naxsus, Sep 4, 2015
  4. jds63 Win User

HD4200 a AMD/ATI your Video adapter ? If so issue with Windows 10 drivers i saw, meaning no update for this legacy card.

jds63, Sep 4, 2015
  5. cognus Win User
    no. Intel HD

cognus, Sep 4, 2015
  6. jds63 Win User
    Any number after Intel HD ? You list your specs as Windows 7, but you did upgrade to 10 ? Yes, HDMI audio should come from the Display Adapter drivers, not Sound device drivers.

jds63, Sep 4, 2015
  7. cognus Win User
    sheesh its in the TITLE: HD4200.
    Windows 10. I have a lot of systems and the one in question is transient - about to go to a new owner
    There is no HDMI driver that I can find. none listed in sound devices in Dev Manager, none shown configurable in Control Panel/Sound
    how to force? or can I load a 3rd party one? I would imagine if the conexant part has a standard DAC there are 3rd party ones that might work

cognus, Sep 4, 2015
  8. jds63 Win User

As told, HDMI Audio device will be with this HD4200. I would input my information here and check for updated drivers for Intel HD4200, plus setup for this HDMI audio should be in the display properties under Intel HD on your system and in Sound Properties in Control panel http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/prod...Name=Downloads

jds63, Sep 4, 2015
  9. cognus Win User
    No, though the log for the Intel Installer shows the HDMI audio device installed [in fact, first in the list], it is not.
    no HDMI device in Dev Mgr.
    Cannot use lenovo audio driver, Conexant, due to incompatibility with Windows 10 [been that way for the last year].

How do I force install of a HDMI device? any...

cognus, Sep 6, 2015
  10. jds63 Win User
    Further assist you better can you give exact Lenovo Yoga 2 model as comes up with a few models after Yoga 2 . It is the Thinkpad Yoga 2 ? I come up with new Windows 10 drivers for Conexant and Intel Graphics driver, but was not sure if system was 32bit or 64bit as the site has both for certain Yoga 2.

As you are saying Conexant is not compatible but i see a new driver have you tried this update plus one for graphics and whenever you upgrade to another OS you should be checking here for all Windows 10 system updates that are important for your laptop, besides ones you are working with now. No way force HDMI audio in there, if system has it, it should be there even i believe with generic windows driver. Install correct drivers and we will see, plus give exact model if need more help.

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-yoga-series-laptops/thinkpad-yoga

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-yoga-series-laptops/thinkpad-yoga/downloads/DS104304

Here is example on my system of HDMI. Top is Graphics card control panel setup Digital Audio mattering to which connector is used will show if it's capable, need to also select it in Sound Properties as you see on mine not used i have 2 HDMI ports, iam using Displayport without audio. In Device manager it's shown from the Graphics card in Sound,Video and Game controllers as NVIDIA High Definition.

Haswell HD4200 - no HDMI driver - how to force install? [​IMG]

jds63, Sep 6, 2015
  11. cognus Win User
    Yoga 2 11, Haswell i5-4202y, Intel HD4200 is one, which does have Conexant device onboard. Neither the driver that Lenovo offers nor the one that will replace it via wupdate is compatible. This is not new news. [I actually have conexant on another laptop also - not my fave.] Reference to one of the issues here but there are epic threads on MS Answers that go back many months in the preview stage. Still not solved. Sound problems in Windows 10? Here are some workarounds

At any rate, I do not know if the above is actually related to the non-existence of HDMI support. In theory, either/or [and unfortunately BOTH] conexant & Intel packages should be installing HDMI so there may be debris leftover from both.

As stated earlier, I do not see any HDMI config options in the Intel Graphics control panel. I DID see HDMI marked as "installed" in the log of the package downloaded directly from Intel Download center.
    I could believe that the package is not well done and does not first uninstall old remnants.

If someone has the *.inf etc associated to HDMI I can go manually remove them I suppose and try again.

cognus, Sep 6, 2015
  12. jds63 Win User
    jds63, Sep 6, 2015
  13. jds63 Win User

What are you trying to run the HDMI to ? See it is a Mini Port HDMI on this model. I believe regardless of correct drivers for it to recognize an HDMI device on this laptop, windows 10 would still install generic drivers if it is there, the correct drivers would give it the proper and better support.

jds63, Sep 6, 2015
  14. cognus Win User
    wrong. I've said that 3 times now. It is a KNOWN incompatibility.
    The driver bails erratically. cannot use the conexant driver.

how do I force-install any HDMI device?

cognus, Sep 6, 2015
  15. jds63 Win User
    Not sure then, when HDMI device is connected, then it will install it from Windows 10 generic itself if the correct drivers are not on system already. Thing is, this has a minport HDMI which is different then a Desktop graphics card, not sure how this may work on laptop. Ever try contacting Lenovo ?

Meaning if it is always present in Device manager when not connected, try this open the device manager select on menu bar View then select Show Hidden Devices, anything show under Sound,Video and Game Controllers that is shaded for High Definition Audi device ?

What are you wanting to hook up to HDMI port to use Video and Audio ?

jds63, Sep 7, 2015
Thema:

1. Haswell HD4200 - no HDMI driver - how to force install? - Similar Threads - Haswell HD4200 HDMI

2. HDMI driver not auto installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDMI driver not auto installing: Was having issues with audio playing but the video falling behind so I followed the steps on the Microsoft website to uninstall drivers and then restart the computer, and now the audio driver for the tv through hdmi just will not install whatsoever...
  3. HDMI driver not auto installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI driver not auto installing: Was having issues with audio playing but the video falling behind so I followed the steps on the Microsoft website to uninstall drivers and then restart the computer, and now the audio driver for the tv through hdmi just will not install whatsoever...
  4. Windows Force to install wrong drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Force to install wrong drivers: windows forced me to install drivers and the drivers they were forced to install didn't match my laptop at all, let us choose the drivers we wanted to install, I'm tired of re-downloading the drivers then windows forced them to install the drivers they want which obviously...
  5. Windows Force to install wrong drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Force to install wrong drivers: windows forced me to install drivers and the drivers they were forced to install didn't match my laptop at all, let us choose the drivers we wanted to install, I'm tired of re-downloading the drivers then windows forced them to install the drivers they want which obviously...
  6. Windows Force to install wrong drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows Update forcing driver install.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update forcing driver install.: Hi all, I just did a fresh install of Windows 11 on my laptop, and Windows update is insistent on downloading firmware and driver updates, which I do not want. The laptop has issues with some of the latest drivers, so I would like to download the older versions of the drivers...
  8. Forcing Download & Install Missing drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Forcing Download & Install Missing drivers: Hello, Could someone write a powershell script to force Download and Install? missing drivers (compatible with the latest version of Windows 10) Because now a lot of the required drivers go to Optional Updates 176123
  9. Blue screen when installing device drivers after October 2019 update, Haswell platform

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen when installing device drivers after October 2019 update, Haswell platform: Hi there, This is the second question I've asked pertaining to this issue as I had previously thought it resolved after the November 2019 update, but it has since returned and I have more symptoms to report. I'll start with my specs: MSI Z97A Gaming 7 Motherboard Z97...
  10. Can't duplicate display on HDMI and VGA outputs (ATI Radeon HD4200)

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can't duplicate display on HDMI and VGA outputs (ATI Radeon HD4200): I'm running Windows 10 Pro x64 on my HTPC based on a Asus M4A785D-M PRO board (with an onboard ATI Radeon HD4200). I have the HDMI output connected to my TV. I want to pass a 2nd (duplicate) video feed to another (analog) display using the VGA port. None of the options in the...