Windows 10: Have 3 I can't get rid of...

Discus and support Have 3 I can't get rid of... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello Sprite, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile Since you want to get rid of all built-in apps, you might see if using step 2 in OPTION FOUR of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mertz, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Mertz Win User

Have 3 I can't get rid of...

Your system works brilliantly except for 3 apps...I can't get rid of iHeart radio, Flipboard and Minecraft. I'd love to get rid of these for my business systems. Stupid as hell of Microsoft to put them into the Enterprise edition. Any help getting rid of those, would be appreciated!

I've tried these commands to no avail:

Current Users:
    Get-AppxPackage -allusers *ClearChannelRadioDigital.iHeartRadio* | Remove-AppxPackage
    Get-AppxPackage -allusers *Flipboard.Flipboard* | Remove-AppxPackage
    Get-AppxPackage -allusers *Microsoft.MinecraftUWP* | Remove-AppxPackage

Future Users:
    Get-AppxProvisionedPackage -online | where-object {$_.packagename -like “*ClearChannelRadioDigital.iHeartRadio*”} | Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -online
    Get-AppxProvisionedPackage -online | where-object {$_.packagename -like “*Flipboard.Flipboard*”} | Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -online
    Get-AppxProvisionedPackage -online | where-object {$_.packagename -like “*Microsoft.MinecraftUWP*”} | Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -online

:)

Mertz, Jan 18, 2016
  2. Mark_W. Win User

how do i get rid of code error 805a0193? i have restarted my phone several times and the applications wont get updated

Hello HafsaQadeer:

Thank you for posting to the forum regarding error code 805a0193. App updates are important and we thank you for being so patient while you had this issue. I have found a couple things that should lead to this being resolved.

The first thing I would like you to do is manually set the time and date on your phone. You can do this by tapping settings > date + time > set automatically OFF > set the proper date, time and time zone. Once you complete this update, restart your phone
    and try updating your apps again.

The next thing we would like you to try is to perform the updates over both Wi-Fi and cellular data separately. Please go to settings > Wifi/cellular > turn one OFF and one ON. Try the update over each type of connection and report back with any difference
    in errors or experience.

We have seen reports of this being related to DNS issues. There is a great forum post that details how this was resolved for multiple customers,

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winphone/forum/wp7-wpapps/marketplace-download-error-805a0193-over-wifi/31dd8c5b-3d83-4037-aeb9-1af03133073b

Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Mark W.

Mark_W., Jan 18, 2016
  3. gracebie Win User
    how do i get rid of code error 805a0193? i have restarted my phone several times and the applications wont get updated

The error you are facing is due to problem with your network setting you so You can resolve your error by following the solution steps given in the mentioned presentation guideline.
    Find it here:

How To Fix Windows Phone Error 805a0193

Best of luck

gracebie, Jan 18, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Mertz, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

If you mean the ones for these pinned to Start, then those apps are not actually installed. They are just advertising links that take you to the Store to install them.

You can just unpin them from Start to not see them anymore though.

'Pin to Start' and 'Unpin from Start" items in Windows 10

Brink, Jan 19, 2016
  5. Mertz Win User
    I get that...but was hoping to make them not appear at all since I have many different users that may log into the machine. They won't have admin rights, but it could still cause trouble. Is there a way to make them not show up with each user?

Mertz, Jan 19, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You might see how using the tutorial below to set a default Start layout may work for this. You could setup your Start menu how you want it, then apply it to all users.

The tutorial below is for Windows 8.1, but is the same in Windows 10 except the policy is named "Start Layout" now instead of "Start Screen Layout".

Start Screen Layout - Specify Default in Windows 8.1

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Have 3 I can't get rid of... - Similar Threads - can't rid

2. I can't organize the start apps list or get rid of the start menu tiles.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't organize the start apps list or get rid of the start menu tiles.: I click on start, I see a list of apps. I've tried moving several apps like the Calc, calendar, 3d viewer and many more. If I try to drag them to a folder, it shows a white box with a red circle with a diagonal line through it. I can't move these apps to a folder. NEXT, I...
  3. I can't organize the start apps list or get rid of the start menu tiles.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't organize the start apps list or get rid of the start menu tiles.: I click on start, I see a list of apps. I've tried moving several apps like the Calc, calendar, 3d viewer and many more. If I try to drag them to a folder, it shows a white box with a red circle with a diagonal line through it. I can't move these apps to a folder. NEXT, I...
  4. I can't organize the start apps list or get rid of the start menu tiles.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I can't seem to get rid of this application that I'm pretty sure is a virus....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't seem to get rid of this application that I'm pretty sure is a virus....: My computer contracted a virus from either a Minecraft shader pack or an ad I accidentally clicked while getting the shaders.The gui is like a little speed dial that says PC accelerate. A suspiciously big button says REMOVE NOW! It pops up every time boot up the computer.Its...
  6. I can't seem to get rid of this application that I'm pretty sure is a virus....

I can't seem to get rid of this application that I'm pretty sure is a virus....: My computer contracted a virus from either a Minecraft shader pack or an ad I accidentally clicked while getting the shaders.The gui is like a little speed dial that says PC accelerate. A suspiciously big button says REMOVE NOW! It pops up every time boot up the computer.Its...
  7. I can't seem to get rid of this application that I'm pretty sure is a virus....

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. I can't get rid of "File Download-Security Warning" message in my links

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't get rid of "File Download-Security Warning" message in my links: After updating W10 last evening, I am suddenly getting the "File Download-Security Warning" message every time I try to open a link. My Bookmarks toolbar is still OK. I have tried some the methods shown on the Community and Microsoft web sites to correct it. Some of the sites...
  9. I can't get rid of "File Download-Security Warning" message in my links

I can't get rid of "File Download-Security Warning" message in my links: After updating W10 last evening, I am suddenly getting the "File Download-Security Warning" message every time I try to open a link. My Bookmarks toolbar is still OK. I have tried some the methods shown on the Community and Microsoft web sites to correct it. Some of the sites...
  10. I can't get rid of "File Download-Security Warning" message in my links

in Windows 10 Customization