Windows 10: Have access to Windows but have forgotten password

Discus and support Have access to Windows but have forgotten password in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I used netplwiz to enable logging on to Windows without a password. This was before I upgraded to Windows 10. Now I am up to date with latest updates... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Jambe, May 18, 2017.

1. Jambe Win User

Have access to Windows but have forgotten password

I used netplwiz to enable logging on to Windows without a password. This was before I upgraded to Windows 10.
    Now I am up to date with latest updates but don't think I used my Microsoft hotmail account password to log in. I know my hotmail password and have a PIN. If I use my present Microsoft password or even older ones I get the message "Incorrect Password"

I don't actually need the password right now but may later. I'm being super cautious so as to not get locked out.

I am the only user (with the administrator account only).

What is the safest approach to setting this computer up with my hotmail user password?

(Only my First name shows up on the login screen--all my other computers show both First and Last name.)

:)

Jambe, May 18, 2017
  2. ManojKumarMK, May 18, 2017
  3. Forgotten Password For PC, But I Still Have Access

I have forgotten the password for my PC and need it so I can use my Microsoft Account on the Windows Store. I can still access my PC because I remember the picture password but can not remember the pin or normal password. I do not use my Microsoft account
    to log into my PC. Also, I do not have a password disk drive thing.

ChristianTemplin, May 18, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Assuming your in as admin create e new admin user with current ms account

Samuria, May 18, 2017
  5. mrgeek Win User
    If your account is a Local Account (must be if you never signed in with Hotmail acct) , go to Action Center/All settings/Accounts. Click the 'Sign in with MS account instead'. This will allow you to keep all This PC content (Music, Pictures, etc) under the same profile. You can change back to Local once this acct is working or use netplwiz to continue bypassing login

mrgeek, May 19, 2017
  6. Kari Win User
    In OP's case this will not work because he / she clearly states in original post that he / she does not remember the current local account password.

Local account password is required when switching to Microsoft account:

Have access to Windows but have forgotten password [​IMG]

7. Samuria Win User
    is the password visable HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\DefaultPassword

Samuria, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Have access to Windows but have forgotten password - Similar Threads - access forgotten password

2. Need help accessing my desktop but I have forgotten password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help accessing my desktop but I have forgotten password: Hi,So I have a refurnished HP Compaq Elite 8300 desktop which runs on Windows 10 Pro. I had changed the password some time ago and now have forgotten it. When I select the password reset, it says - This feature requires removable media, such as USB flash drive. Please connect...
  3. Need help accessing my desktop but I have forgotten password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help accessing my desktop but I have forgotten password: Hi,So I have a refurnished HP Compaq Elite 8300 desktop which runs on Windows 10 Pro. I had changed the password some time ago and now have forgotten it. When I select the password reset, it says - This feature requires removable media, such as USB flash drive. Please connect...
  4. I have forgotten the Windows password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have forgotten the Windows password: I have forgotten the Windows password local account, And I am currently accessing Windows using a PIN CODE. Is there a way to recover the password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-forgotten-the-windows-password/d8c5663e-3a72-425e-8ed9-3729beb73964
  5. I have forgotten the Windows password

I have forgotten the Windows password: I have forgotten the Windows password local account, And I am currently accessing Windows using a PIN CODE. Is there a way to recover the password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-forgotten-the-windows-password/d8c5663e-3a72-425e-8ed9-3729beb73964
  6. I have forgotten my user name and password

I have forgotten my user name and password: I have forgotten my username and password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-forgotten-my-user-name-and-password/936fed94-a29a-47a7-a441-6ddd8bea40a4
  7. Please I have forgotten my password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Please I have forgotten my password: Please i have forgotten my password and i am stuck in safe mode on my laptop so i used my mum's phone can you help me get out using a different way https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-i-have-forgotten-my-password/a79627be-0fdb-49c5-ae40-78ae2e505ca3
  8. I have forgotten my laptop's password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I have forgotten my laptop's password: Hello, I changed my laptop's password one month ago. I haven't used my laptop for 15 days because of my study. I turn on my laptop today but I can't get access to it because I forgot my password. I won't afford to lose my data, this is very essential to me. Please help me....
  9. i have forgotten the built in admin password ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    i have forgotten the built in admin password ?: i activated the built in administrator and use password lock and pin, the i mistakenly removed my local account as administrator and changed it to a user account. now the problem is that i have forgotten the built in administrator account password and i cant install any app...
  10. Locked out of Windows 10 and have forgotten my password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Locked out of Windows 10 and have forgotten my password: Hi everyone, Urgent help needed please Yesterday my system crashed and I had to turn it off and then back on again. But it has been so long since I entered my password, that I have forgotten it. Is there any way of bypassing it so that I can get to User Accounts to...