Windows 10: Have I to re-download Windows 10?

Discus and support Have I to re-download Windows 10? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After upgrading to Windows 10, the same day I went back to Windows 7 because internet connection was impossible to setup. To reinstall Windows upgrade,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Chiara, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Chiara Win User

Have I to re-download Windows 10?

After upgrading to Windows 10, the same day I went back to Windows 7 because internet connection was impossible to setup. To reinstall Windows upgrade, have I to re-download the 3 GB havy update, or is there a way to reinstall the download done the first time?

:)

Chiara, Aug 13, 2015

2. Do I have to re-download Windows 10 if it goes to blue screen & recovers back to Windows 8

I have installed windows 10 TWICE. It goes to 100 percent on loading and then restarts. It comes up, "Computer did not restart correctly" and no matter what I do to restart it properly it re-installs to a windows 8. Then it wants to me re-download the
    windows 10 again. I've done it twice and won't again. I live in the country and I have to use my wifi on my phone that eats up data. Is there a way to find the install file on the computer to for-go re-downloading the 3 plus gigs of data? Also I have ran both
    the troubleshooting programs that are recommended when having the errors and it still errored.

Dave McMillan, Aug 13, 2015
  3. Do I have to re-download Windows 10 if it goes to blue screen & recovers back to Windows 8

Hi Dave,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need to know more information to help you better.

• What are the troubleshooting programs you ran when you got the error?

• Have you installed any third party security software on your computer?

• Does your system meet the minimum requirements to install Windows 10?
    Note: If you want to upgrade to Windows 10 on your PC or tablet, here are the minimum hardware you’ll need.

• RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) for 32-bit or 2 GB for 64-bit

• Hard disk space: 16 GB for 32-bit OS 20 GB for 64-bit OS

• Graphics card: DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver

• Display: 800x600
    I suggest you to check whether your computer meet the minimum system requirements to upgrade to Windows 10.

Refer the below article to check the Specification about upgrade to Windows 10 operating System.

Specifications Windows 10 System Requirements & Specifications | Microsoft

Please be informed that you may download the Windows 10 through ISO files also. Refer the below link on how to download the Windows 10 through media creation tool and check if it helps.

Windows 10

Download Windows 10

By downloading the Windows 10 through ISO, you may store the Windows 10 ISO on the DVD/flash drive and you can use it to install Windows 10 whenever it is required.

Reference:

I suggest you to refer the below article for more information on Windows 10.

Windows 10 FAQ:

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

How to Upgrade to Windows 10 Using the Alternative Method:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ernative/541a0750-4571-4099-86d5-273a96a87618

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Aug 13, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 13, 2015
  5. Internet connection is set automatically. Did you try in network settings/Network and Sharing Center/Connections/Ethernet/Diagnose? Next time try that...

For the same ISO file it seems that you don't have a fast unlimited connection. During the update at the end choose Customize Settings and disable all switch's except the last one that should remain ON.
    I do believe that upgrade should be made with an active Internet connection. Was it enable when you upgrade?

Take care,

MikeMecanic, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Have I to re-download Windows 10? - Similar Threads - download

2. Windows 10 KB5035941 out with features (direct download)

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB5035941 out with features (direct download): Windows 10 KB5035941 is now available as an optional update for everyone. It comes with several new features, including MSN on the lock screen. This patch is available via Windows Update, but Microsoft has published direct download links for the Windows 10 KB5035941 offline...
  3. Windows 11's Moment Update 5 is finally here: how to download

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11's Moment Update 5 is finally here: how to download: Microsoft released the fifth Moment Update for Windows 11 in February 2024. This release did not reach many user systems, as Microsoft limited its availability artificially. While Microsoft did state that the update was available to "seekers", users who check for updates...
  4. How do i stop windows 11 from changing a zip file to a text file when downloading the zip

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i stop windows 11 from changing a zip file to a text file when downloading the zip: When downloading zip files, Windows 11 is not saving them as a "compressed zipped folder" but instead saving them as a txt file. How do I resolve this?...
  5. How do i stop windows 11 from changing a zip file to a text file when downloading the zip

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i stop windows 11 from changing a zip file to a text file when downloading the zip: When downloading zip files, Windows 11 is not saving them as a "compressed zipped folder" but instead saving them as a txt file. How do I resolve this?...
  6. Trojan:Win32/Casdet!rfn for some reason, didn't download anything?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trojan:Win32/Casdet!rfn for some reason, didn't download anything?: Hello, today I got a message from Windows Defender saying that there is a problem. When I clicked I saw a virus so I immediatly clicked to delete it and restarted the computer. It turned on fine with no problems and now windows defender doesn't say anything more. But I can't...
  7. Trojan:Win32/Casdet!rfn for some reason, didn't download anything?

Trojan:Win32/Casdet!rfn for some reason, didn't download anything?: Hello, today I got a message from Windows Defender saying that there is a problem. When I clicked I saw a virus so I immediatly clicked to delete it and restarted the computer. It turned on fine with no problems and now windows defender doesn't say anything more. But I can't...
  8. Trojan:Win32/Casdet!rfn for some reason, didn't download anything?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Why is my wi-fi download slow to 1 to 2 mb/ from 100 to 200 Mb/s

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my wi-fi download slow to 1 to 2 mb/ from 100 to 200 Mb/s: Why is my wi-fi download slow to 1 to 2 mb/ from 100 to 200 Mb/s https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-wi-fi-download-slow-to-1-to-2-mb-from/19d5f7a0-b3ed-44ee-903c-952d6ef0b894
  10. Why is my wi-fi download slow to 1 to 2 mb/ from 100 to 200 Mb/s

Why is my wi-fi download slow to 1 to 2 mb/ from 100 to 200 Mb/s: Why is my wi-fi download slow to 1 to 2 mb/ from 100 to 200 Mb/s https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-wi-fi-download-slow-to-1-to-2-mb-from/19d5f7a0-b3ed-44ee-903c-952d6ef0b894