Windows 10: Have my files been correctly copied to my USB-pin?

Discus and support Have my files been correctly copied to my USB-pin? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Good day everyone I am using Windows 10 Yesterday I copied som files to my USB-ind, they were in total a couple of megabyte. I waited till every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by emilfrederiksen, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Have my files been correctly copied to my USB-pin?

Good day everyone

I am using Windows 10

Yesterday I copied som files to my USB-ind, they were in total a couple of megabyte.
    I waited till every file had finished copying and the status-window closed by itself after reaching 100%.

A couple of minutes after I was done copying, I copied the files from the USB-pin to my desktop, so that I always can see later if the files was complete and not corrupted.

After that, I pressed “eject” in the right-click-function on my USB-pin.

When I did that, a warning-window appeared. I cannot recall exactly what it said, but it said something about, that data was still in use and ejecting or taking out USB-pin could result in loss of data. I had none of the copied files open. I was presented with some options (try again) – (continue) – (exit) .. and some more options. I have not been able to find a similar warning through a google search.

I thought the warning came because, there were some files still in the cache who were not copied after all or because there were still files in the right-click-cut-function-folder. Do you have other suggestions, why the warning appeared?

Now I am sitting here, not totally sure if I pressed (try again) or (continue), as in mentioned above.
    But I pressed one of those two.

It then came up with the message that the hardware was safely ejected and safe to remove.

I then plugged in my USB-pin again, and checked if all the files were there, which they were. I then pressed eject, and it ejected in first try without problems.

My questions are:

1 ) What would have happened if I pressed (continue), instead of ( try again ) ?

2 ) How can I see if a file has turned corrupt?

3 ) How can I see if a file has been copied correct?

4 ) When I look in file properties, and look and the file size, can that information then be not correct?
    Does it only show what the file-size is supposed to be? And not what it actually is?
    If the file has not completed the copying, would it then show something different than if it was copied correct and complete?

Thanks a lot in advance for all your answers

Best regards

Emil

:)

emilfrederiksen, Aug 8, 2018
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Aug 8, 2018
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Aug 8, 2018
  4. Barman58 Win User

Have my files been correctly copied to my USB-pin?

Copying files

As this relates to music file, do you use a music manager? If so check if it has any functions to do what you want.
    If not the music manager I use would do what you need without a problem do a search for MediaMonkey I use the Gold Version but the free version should allow you to list all the music files on the USB and you can then select all files right click and select "copy to" and navigate to your required location and all files will be copied for you.

It's late here now but will see what I can put together in step by step with screen shots in the morning here.

mediamonky handles my 30000+ track collection so should be OK for however many files you need to move now and in the future, plus a lot more

Barman58, Aug 8, 2018
Thema:

Have my files been correctly copied to my USB-pin?

1. Have my files been correctly copied to my USB-pin? - Similar Threads - files been correctly

2. I cant login with my pin or my correct password on my pc even if i have changed the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant login with my pin or my correct password on my pc even if i have changed the...: I have tried everything on the support page and i have tried third party solutions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-login-with-my-pin-or-my-correct-password-on/d468e16c-123d-4db7-8fb1-89785e2c222a
  3. I have been having problems getting my passwords corrected.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I have been having problems getting my passwords corrected.: I have been having problems getting my passwords corrected. One problem seems to have been there was a long delay getting the reset link, code etc. Often I was finding that I was not sure which code waqs whichc. Then I would get a digit code then be told that a seven...
  4. Can I copy/transfer my copy of Windows 10 that I have preinstalled to my USB drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I copy/transfer my copy of Windows 10 that I have preinstalled to my USB drive?: So what I’m trying to do is clone my storage on my laptop and for one of the steps, it says I need a copy of Windows 10. My problem is that I don’t want to buy Windows 10 (because for $139, that’s expensive as hell and I’m not buying that). I already have Windows preinstalled...
  5. Ghost copies of files on USB?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ghost copies of files on USB?: So, I fairly regularly copy files from a Mac to a Windows machine via USB stick. It's formatted to exfat And when I open the tab stick on my windows machine I left over .file files left from items that have been but are no longer on the USB stick.. what are they? (They...
  6. having trouble copying files between external USB drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    having trouble copying files between external USB drives: I am trying to copy some folders from a 4TB USB external drive to a 8TB USB external drive both are connected to a USB 3 hub. For a while the copying seems to go well and then all of a sudden the speed drops to 0MB/s and don't get any errors or any indication why the copying...
  7. My File Have been Locked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My File Have been Locked: Dears , All files now have .lokd extension ,how can I fix that ? [ATTACH] [Original Title: LOKD FILES] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/my-file-have-been-locked/2ba4545e-0960-4bb0-a610-9d7b18445aa8
  8. my mouse is not responding correctly when windows is busy copying files in the background

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my mouse is not responding correctly when windows is busy copying files in the background: … and as soon the files are moved or copied the mouse works again. How can I fix this? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-mouse-is-not-responding-correctly-when-windows/fc3fbf5b-dfd6-404c-9b1a-2c18fed15db3
  9. Copying files to my C:

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copying files to my C:: Whenever I try copying a file to my C:, I get this error: "Error 0x80070522: A required privilege is not held by client" I have tried to give full control to all my accounts from the security, and tried to share my C: drive on the network and also I have tried to set UAC...
  10. Files copied from ZIP file might not have been copied or moved

in Windows 10 News
    Files copied from ZIP file might not have been copied or moved: [ATTACH] Yet another bug has been discovered in Windows 10 v1809 which results in a false sense of files copied or moved from a ZIP or archive files. The issue is specific when there are files with the same name in [...] This post Files copied from ZIP file might not have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows check if folder copied correctly