Windows 10: Have 'This PC' open in File Explorer/Home

Discus and support Have 'This PC' open in File Explorer/Home in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just stumbled across this and I'm not sure if it's posted anywhere else but, here goes anyway. Basically you're copying the 'This PC' CLSID and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Edwin, Dec 26, 2014.

1. Edwin New Member

Have 'This PC' open in File Explorer/Home

I just stumbled across this and I'm not sure if it's posted anywhere else but, here goes anyway.

Basically you're copying the 'This PC' CLSID and creating a DelegateFolder for the HomeFolder.

In the Registry, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HomeFolder\NameSpace\DelegateF olders
    There, you should see three other keys, 'Recent Items', Frequent Folders' and 'Favorites'.
    Now, if you don't want the Home folder to look a mess when you open File Explorer and you don't utilize Recent Items or Frequent Folders anyway, they can be turned off in Task Bar Properties/Start Menu tab.
    The Favorites key, however, you'll have to delete, so Export/make a backup of it. You'll also need to grant yourself Full Control Permissions to delete the key, a tutorial of which can be found elsewhere on this site.
    Now, if you're comfortable with that, all you need to do is right click on DelegateFolders, choose New ► Key and paste the This PC CLSID:
    {20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D} and click OK.
    Then, with that entry highlighted, go to the right pane and double click on 'Default' and enter the value: This PC and click OK.
    Close the Registry and re-open Explorer and all 'This PC' entries should show in the Home folder without an extra 'This PC' icon on the task bar.
    You could also 'sort by' and 'group by' different methods to clean up the folder further.

:)

Edwin, Dec 26, 2014

2. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Dec 26, 2014
  3. Rohn007 Win User
    This PC won’t open on file explorer

Try running the following 3 processes:

SIMPLE, 1ST STEP IN WINDOWS TROUBLE SHOOTING – CHKDSK / SFC / DISM

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833... - Process showeb with pictures

There could be a small problem with your Window installation. The Check disk command cleans up small sections of the disk that may have been “orphaned” / corrupted when Windows is not shut down normally. The SFC command will check and repair Windows system
    files, then the DISM commands will repair any other minor problems with Windows.

In start menu type “PowerShell”

Right Click on the result and select “Run as Administrator”

run next command to schedule a check and fix the disk the next time the computer is restarted. At the end of the run it will display a status report.

Chkdsk c: /F

You will have to restart the computer for that check to work.

After ChkDsk is done go back to the admin prompt and run following commands, one at a time to Repair The Installed Windows Image

this command checks whether the image has been flagged as corrupted by a failed process and whether the corruption can be repaired:

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

this command scans the installed windows for component store corruption:

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

this command performs Window repair operations automatically:

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

DISM creates a log file (%windir%/Logs/CBS/CBS.log) that captures any issues that the tool found or fixed. %windir% is the folder in which Windows is installed. For example, the %windir% folder is C:\Windows.

In start menu type “PowerShell”

Right Click on the result and select “Run as Administrator”

Type (or paste) the following command and press <enter> to Scan the integrity of all protected system files and replace incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.

sfc /SCANNOW

one at a time to Repair The Installed Windows Image

Rohn007, Dec 26, 2014
Thema:

Have 'This PC' open in File Explorer/Home

1. Have 'This PC' open in File Explorer/Home - Similar Threads - 'This PC' open

2. File Explorer Freezes when "This PC" is opened

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Freezes when "This PC" is opened: for some reason on my computer file explorer goes not responding for a min or 2 whenever this PC is opened, I have searched online but have found no solution....
  3. File Explorer Freezes when "This PC" is opened

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Freezes when "This PC" is opened: for some reason on my computer file explorer goes not responding for a min or 2 whenever this PC is opened, I have searched online but have found no solution....
  4. WiFi file transfer to PC opens file explorer - How to have it not? Win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi file transfer to PC opens file explorer - How to have it not? Win11: I am transferring photos via WiFi from my phone using the PhotoSync app to my Windows 11 laptop. The photos transfer fine, but each time the transfer is completed of say 6 photos, the file explorer opens and shows the location of the photos. This is causing issues for me...
  5. WiFi file transfer to PC opens file explorer - How to have it not? Win11

WiFi file transfer to PC opens file explorer - How to have it not? Win11: I am transferring photos via WiFi from my phone using the PhotoSync app to my Windows 11 laptop. The photos transfer fine, but each time the transfer is completed of say 6 photos, the file explorer opens and shows the location of the photos. This is causing issues for me...
  6. File explorer constantly opening "This PC" by itself.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File explorer constantly opening "This PC" by itself.: Computer working normallyalbeit slowly except repeated unexpected openings of File Explorer, interfering with work. Tried : malware , sfc , DISM scans , ending and restarting via Task Manager, system restore, etc. It seems to occur when mouse is inactive for a short length...
  7. File Explorer open to : This PC -- just Doesn't. It used to open to This PC.

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer open to : This PC -- just Doesn't. It used to open to This PC.: File Explorer open to : This PC -- just Doesn't. It used to open to This PC, the "option" to open to This PC is still selected. Yet every time I select the File Explorer taskbar icon (which now calls itself "Libraries") -- File Explorer opens to Quick Access (instead of...
  8. Don't have file explorer in pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Don't have file explorer in pc: I don't have file explorer in my pc. What i need to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dont-have-file-explorer-in-pc/6c2f215b-474f-47a9-8ab5-06bd522f0c86"
  9. File Explorer Refuses to Open on My PC

File Explorer Refuses to Open on My PC: File Explorer will refuse to open on my PC. when I double click on the icon in my taskbar and start menu, the screen will go black for a second (excluding taskbar) and nothing else will happen....
  10. File explorer will not open when set to This PC

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer will not open when set to This PC: Either from a shortcut or a taskbar icon, File Explorer will not open to This PC. When I change to Quick access it opens. A shortcut to any folder will open to This PC. I suspect this has to do with a recent update (KB3140741). I can live with the situation as I normally use...